Linked Errors with openEars – iphone 5s

Home Forums OpenEars Linked Errors with openEars – iphone 5s

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• Author
    mistermaik
    Participant

Hello,
    I just downloaded for the first time OpenEars to do some research.
    I followed the tutorial, step by step.

I created a new project to do a basic test of the framework.
    It does run ok in the Iphone 5s simulator, but when I selected a real device, my iphone 5s, I got the following error:

ld: 128-bit LDR/STR not 16-byte aligned: from _mdef_init (0x1000462AC) to l070@0x00002BA8 (0x1002D8D9C) in ‘_mdef_init’ from /Users/msanchez/Downloads/OpenEarsDistribution/Framework/OpenEars.framework/OpenEars(mdef.o) for architecture arm64
    clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)

The Sample app does not run as well, I got this error:
    d: 62 duplicate symbols for architecture arm64

I have no idea what to do next, please help.

Halle Winkler
    Politepix

Welcome,

This sounds a bit unusual – nothing in the tutorial should be raising that kind of issue and the sample app just runs out of the box.

Maybe there is something unusual about your setup, perhaps a different platform than the expected one. Can you tell me more about anything that could be unusual with your development environment or platform, or alternately let me know the exact Xcode version and build you are seeing this with?

mistermaik
    Participant

Hi ,
    my iphone 5s is running iOS 8.1.1 (12b435)
    xcode is 6.1.1 (6A2008a)

running on OS X Yosemite 10.10.1. with Intel Core i7.

I just created an empty project in xcode (single view application), add the frameworks, and write the code.

Full log:
    Ld /Users/msanchez/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/miri2-ekrjqvtyyqkcvnaowkjesnkcztvf/Build/Products/Debug-iphoneos/miri2.app/miri2 normal arm64
    cd /Users/msanchez/Desktop/miri/miri2
    export IPHONEOS_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET=8.1
    export PATH=”/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/usr/bin:/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/usr/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin”
    /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/clang -arch arm64 -isysroot /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/SDKs/iPhoneOS8.1.sdk -L/Users/msanchez/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/miri2-ekrjqvtyyqkcvnaowkjesnkcztvf/Build/Products/Debug-iphoneos -F/Users/msanchez/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/miri2-ekrjqvtyyqkcvnaowkjesnkcztvf/Build/Products/Debug-iphoneos -F/Users/msanchez/Downloads/OpenEarsDistribution/Framework -filelist /Users/msanchez/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/miri2-ekrjqvtyyqkcvnaowkjesnkcztvf/Build/Intermediates/miri2.build/Debug-iphoneos/miri2.build/Objects-normal/arm64/miri2.LinkFileList -Xlinker -rpath -Xlinker @executable_path/Frameworks -dead_strip -fobjc-arc -fobjc-link-runtime -miphoneos-version-min=8.1 -framework Slt -framework AudioToolbox -framework AVFoundation -framework OpenEars -Xlinker -dependency_info -Xlinker /Users/msanchez/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/miri2-ekrjqvtyyqkcvnaowkjesnkcztvf/Build/Intermediates/miri2.build/Debug-iphoneos/miri2.build/Objects-normal/arm64/miri2_dependency_info.dat -o /Users/msanchez/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/miri2-ekrjqvtyyqkcvnaowkjesnkcztvf/Build/Products/Debug-iphoneos/miri2.app/miri2

ld: 128-bit LDR/STR not 16-byte aligned: from _mdef_init (0x1000462AC) to l070@0x00002BA8 (0x1002D8D9C) in ‘_mdef_init’ from /Users/msanchez/Downloads/OpenEarsDistribution/Framework/OpenEars.framework/OpenEars(mdef.o) for architecture arm64
    clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)

Halle Winkler
    Politepix

Although I have never had a report of this issue and tutorial and sample app are known to work, it is possible that the issue is due to using an old version of Xcode, in the event that the current version which is used to build the frameworks is using an optimization that is somehow not backwards-compatible. I’m a bit skeptical that that’s the issue, but you can check it out and see.

I would recommend going through standard troubleshooting procedures: throw out the project and the downloaded OpenEarsDistribution, quit Xcode, and delete the contents of DerivedData, then restart your Mac and download a fresh version to follow the tutorial for. If that doesn’t work, I would just upgrade to the current Xcode since it’s free and you’re on Yosemite.

mistermaik
    Participant

It works now.

thanks

Halle Winkler
    Politepix

Glad to hear it!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.