pocketsphinx not suspended after pocketsphinxDidSuspendRecognition event fires

Home Forums OpenEars pocketsphinx not suspended after pocketsphinxDidSuspendRecognition event fires

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• Author
    BergeracMatt
    Participant

Hi Halle,
    Do you have any suggestions on what I can do to stop this from happening?
    0:07.294 pocketsphinxDidStartListening
    0:07.304 pocketsphinxDidSuspendRecognition
    0:07.317 play_audio 000098.m4a
    0:07.366 pocketsphinxDidDetectSpeech

I’m waiting for DidSuspendRecognition before I fire an AVAudioPlayer. The docs say that suspendRecognition “takes effect instantly” but that doesn’t seem to be the case – in this example, suspendRecognition was called from within the pocketSphinxDidStartListening function and it takes about 110ms to fire the DidSuspendRecognition event. But then after that, it still detects speech from the audio being played. I’ve tried sleeping for various times but I can’t seem to get a robust, consistent behaviour.
    Is this a bug or am I expecting too much of it?
    Thanks again
    Matt.

Halle Winkler
    Politepix

Hi Matt,

Please check out the post Please read before you post – how to troubleshoot and provide logging info here so you can see how to turn on and share the logging that provides troubleshooting information for this kind of troubleshooting request.

It would also probably be helpful for you to search for and read some of the existing discussions about why immediately suspending after you start listening isn’t a good idea or necessary in current versions, and likely to lead to problems.

BergeracMatt
    Participant

Hi Halle,
    I looked for a couple of hours but only found a couple of posts where you talked about the improvements you had made in startup speed. I couldn’t find anything about how it’s likely lead to problems but I heard what you were saying and redesigned. For now, I’ve written a simple “Ignore wrapper” which ignores the first utterance heard. I’ll come back to it later and rewrite the startup so that OpenEars loads after the app’s first prompt is spoken.
    Thx again.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.