Potential Bug? RapidEars setRapidEarsReturnNBest

Home Forums OpenEars plugins Potential Bug? RapidEars setRapidEarsReturnNBest

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Author
    evilliam
    Participant

Hello
    My app switches modes quite a bit
    When I switch to rapid ears and want timings I was encountering a weird bug

When I want to get the segment times from Rapid Ears I set setRapidEarsReturnNBest to FALSE
    (as I know it cannot be used with setReturnSegments or setReturnSegmentTimes)

However, the order that I do this in seems to matter, if I call [setRapidEarsReturnNBest : FALSE] after setting returnSegments and returnSegmentTimes to TRUE then it is as if I had not set setReturnSegments or setReturnSegmentTimes to true at all.

If I call it before setting those values to true, then all is well.

Not sure if this is a bug exactly, could maybe just be fixed with an addition to the experimental tag comment

Putting it here in case it helps somebody else out

Halle Winkler
    Politepix

That’s interesting, I’ll check it out after the next update is out.

Halle Winkler
    Politepix

I investigated this for the upcoming update and I noticed the reason for it, although it would need a large refactor plus an API alteration to change, and as you mentioned, RapidEars nbest is experimental and consequently it isn’t a focus for this update. What I have done is expanded the documentation for this update to mention that nbest first should be set to FALSE (and something else weird that I discovered thanks to your report, which is that generally OEPocketsphinxController nbest should also be turned off at the same time as turning off RapidEars nbest, sheesh) and further setters such as segments should be turned on only afterwards. I appreciate the report and I’ll give some long-term consideration to how to improve this without causing too much API shifting.

evilliam
    Participant

Nice one Halle,
    Looking forward to the update…

Thanks again
    Liam

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.