Sorry for taking so long to reply. It has been a busy week.
I just tested it and I can definitely say that there has been an improvement. I have noticed some funny things that may or may not be an issue.
a) Everytime it recognises my command, right before it throws a detected silence message. Like this:
2014-01-30 21:10:33.968 openEarsTest[1636:60b] Pocketsphinx is now listening.
2014-01-30 21:10:35.304 openEarsTest[1636:60b] Pocketsphinx has detected speech.
2014-01-30 21:10:37.172 openEarsTest[1636:60b] Pocketsphinx has detected a period of silence, concluding an utterance.
2014-01-30 21:10:37.332 openEarsTest[1636:60b] The received hypothesis is OKDEAR with a score of -534 and an ID of 000000036
b) I have noticed that every time the background noise changed (music on/off) my first three commands went to waste and after that it started recognising. This happens even when I turn the music off so there in no background noise.
I also had a crash after two minutes of inactivity.
I am trying to generate a detailed log that reflects all these issues.