Reply To: How to combine wave files generated by SaveThatWave?

Home Forums OpenEars plugins How to combine wave files generated by SaveThatWave? Reply To: How to combine wave files generated by SaveThatWave?

Halle Winkler
Politepix

Hi Thomas,

Sure, that is not a problem to switch between distances or audio routes. My question was more about this scenario in which there is a very long recognition of a single utterance where there is no pause from the user for 30 seconds or so. In my experience this is an unusual usage scenario since most people pause pretty frequently when speaking at it is more usual to get a few utterances which end with pauses, one after another.

I think it is the long utterance with no pause which is resulting in the recognition with the 99% CPU, because that looks to the engine like it is an utterance where the voice activity detector got stuck as a result of a fast change in background noise level. So I was wondering if that is a real behavior your app users have to do or are doing naturally, or if it is an example of an “edge case” that you don’t encounter naturally but is something that you are testing for in order to cover all the bases.