Home › Forums › OpenEars › [Resolved] Seeing an issue with long-term voice recognition › Reply To: [Resolved] Seeing an issue with long-term voice recognition
A little more background: a delay due to suddenly-increasing background noise is expected behavior, because that means that the voice activity detection doesn’t have a way of distinguishing the speech/silence transition anymore, since the calibration values became irrelevant inside of a single utterance. Under these conditions, it should notice that this happened and sort itself out in about 14 seconds (this can be made a bit shorter but there are other tradeoffs to doing so, so if it is an uncommon occurrence this timeframe is probably about right).
Ok, thanks. I can’t say if I’ve seen this or not. Possibly, and didn’t know why it wasn’t responding to my commands, but then sorted itself out. I’ll pay more attention here.
Sometimes completely normal searches can take 1-2 seconds and use 99% CPU, so just seeing a strenuous search isn’t a bug on its own.
Agreed. 1-2 seconds is fine.
Ok, got good news for you. I’ve got it 100% reproducible in the sample app and it’s exposing itself with Rejecto and the word set I’m using.
– I tried just the OpenEars beta and the stock words. Can’t get it to fail with my background noise.
– I loaded up my set of words in my app in the sample app (“CHANGE MODEL”). Can’t get it to fail with my background noise.
– Loaded the Rejecto demo and used the stock words. Can’t get it to fail with my background noise.
– Loaded the Rejecto demo and switched over to my set of words from my app (“CHANGE MODEL”). I can easily get the CPU to peg 100% for 10-20 seconds. Sometimes it’ll go for a minute or never exit until the Rejecto demo times out.
So, there’s a combination between Rejecto and my set of words where my background noise causes the CPU peg to occur.
The background noise I’m doing is my spoon in my coffee mug mixing up my coffee + sugar in the morning :) Total fluke that I happened to spot the correlation.
I’ve got the sample project with my test wav files zipped up and I’ll be sending you the link here soon.
One thing I had a hard time with, even though I could record the wave files, playing them back through the path directive didn’t show the bug because I had to “CHANGE MODEL” over to my set of words to expose the problem. Can’t do that with the path directive. Hopefully this is enough info that you can use to debug.