Reply To: Problem with tutorial

Home Forums OpenEars Problem with tutorial Reply To: Problem with tutorial

Halle Winkler
Politepix

Hi,

I still don’t really understand the instructions you have followed in making your app – can you let me know where this statement comes from: “you said move the framework folder (your stuff) to the xcode framework folder. That would place a folder called framework under framework”?

The instructions don’t really correspond to this statement and I’m pretty sure that the issue is just that something got off track with the tutorial process when you started the first time so that a wrong step was taken that didn’t leave the project set up quite right, and the troubleshooting steps you’ve taken with making changes to Framework Search Path (when that is usually set automatically by the tutorial install process) have left the project in an unclear state.

I think the best approach here is to start fresh with an app where nothing has been done yet and follow the tutorial very closely, taking plenty of time with the instructions. Here is what it says in the tutorial again about how the framework is moved into the project:

Inside your downloaded OpenEars distribution there is a folder called “Framework”. Drag that folder into your app project in Xcode.

This has been known to work for years, so I think it’s just a case for getting a fresh start and taking it a little more slowly with the tutorial, rather than trying to extensively troubleshoot the broken app.