Reply To: First long phrase missed

Home Forums OpenEars First long phrase missed Reply To: First long phrase missed

giebler
Participant

I tested on a second generation iPad running iOS 6.1.3 and on an iPad Mini running iOS 7.1.2.

I made the recording as you suggested and wanted to try it before sending it.

However, I noticed a very repeatable problem (besides the early termination of recognition). If I play the recording (from my iPhone) instead of speaking and regardless of volume, the sample app recognition loop won’t restart. I turned on logging, but it only gave me the following additional log entry:

2014-08-19 12:02:49.143 OpenEarsSampleApp[26108:3a03] cont_ad_read failed, stopping.
2014-08-19 12:02:49.246 OpenEarsSampleApp[26108:907] Setting up the continuous recognition loop has failed for some reason, please turn on [OpenEarsLogging startOpenEarsLogging] in OpenEarsConfig.h to learn more.

The audio recording has some hiss (noise) on it since it is using the iPhone5 microphone, but even when I lower the volume to minimize the hiss, it still fails to resume preventing me from testing the recording for the second time.

I’m going to go into my recording studio and make a decent voice recording of the phrase to make sure it fails properly and then works the second time, but I’ll send both recordings so that you can see the second problem.

Thanks!