Reply To: Using SaveThatWav to capture an "audio only" utterance with no hypothesis?

Home Forums OpenEars plugins Using SaveThatWav to capture an "audio only" utterance with no hypothesis? Reply To: Using SaveThatWav to capture an "audio only" utterance with no hypothesis?

ekobres
Participant

I’m not trying to run both concurrently – I just want to be able to use SaveThatWave to capture the dictation I would like to submit to Nuance. I am willing to use their https: API to submit the bits rather than suffer through their dreadful “SpeechKit” SDK. It just behaves so erratically. I would like to have the benefit of streaming it to them since it will reply faster. And I would love the convenience if their recognizer if it actually worked – but it’s full of bugs.

The latest trick it pulls is to posthumously fire a ton of audio route changes after it claims to have finished with recognition. Of course this causes all sorts of problems with the speech synthesizer and with OpenEars.

At least OpenEars is really, actually done when sisStopListening fires…

So anyway – are you saying that if I pass an empty dictionary to the rejecto language model generator, it would still generate a wave file reliably?