Reply To: deliverRejectedSpeechInHypotheses: Ignored if model is not generated

Home Forums OpenEars plugins deliverRejectedSpeechInHypotheses: Ignored if model is not generated Reply To: deliverRejectedSpeechInHypotheses: Ignored if model is not generated

Halle Winkler
Politepix

I get the model files saved to my app Cache folder, that means I’m not using the demo version right?

If it’s a demo, the word ‘demo’ will be in the name of the linked framework.

If I use them in different app sessions (application runs) I always get the rejected phonemes as hypothesis in the OEEventsObserver callbacks.

Right, that is expected because you have to be running Rejecto in order for it to do things. Since it doesn’t take any notable time to create the models once at the start of your app session, it’s necessary to let Rejecto create its models.

One big reason for this is that it is the only way you will pick up many fixes and improvements in future updates, since with Rejecto they are frequently in model generation (this also includes any lm-related changes to OpenEars which affect Rejecto, though).

The biggest reason is that the Rejecto implementation (which does other things besides output a language model) is designed around the hard requirement of Rejecto being instantiated in any session its features are needed with (like in this case), so you will encounter strange outcomes like this one because the plugin’s functionality has been shut off.