Reply To: Adding custom words to the LanguageModelGeneratorList.txt

Home Forums OpenEars Adding custom words to the LanguageModelGeneratorList.txt Reply To: Adding custom words to the LanguageModelGeneratorList.txt

Powerkey
Participant

Okay, great.

…but you can’t have any spaces in the word entry before the tab.

If no spaces are allowed before the tab, then I need to add the phrases as “John-Henry-Doe”. Are the dashes ignored when generating? Do they change inflections or timing anything like that?

You could also add JOHN and HENRY and DOE separately and a request for the phrase “John-Henry Doe” should then find all of your added words.

I do not want to add the names separately as only specific full names are used. For instance “John Doe” and “John Henry Doe” are used but “John Henry” is not. My thinking is that the recognition will be more accurate with phrases than it will be with simpler words that are used to make the phrase. True?

Yes, but this regards the generation of the language model or grammar, not the LanguageModelGeneratorLookupList entries, which should just be added in whatever case the rest of the list is in (uppercase, lowercase, or mixed case). The framework will make sure to normalize requests and the entries to the same case during lookups so you don’t have to worry about case.

Okay, to clarify the case answer… If my Array contains “John-Henry-Doe”, and the entry in the LookupList is “john-henry-doe” will that match? And what is returned in the string of recognized text?