Accuracy issue when using Chinese bundle

Home Forums OpenEars Accuracy issue when using Chinese bundle

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

  • Author
  • #1030662

    Hi Halle,

    The English version of our App works well, and we are trying to develop the Chinese version.

    I noticed that Openears 2.5 already supported Mandarin, so i follow this tutorial,
    to use the Chinese.bundle.

    And also i tried to adjust the value of vadThreshold, but the accuracy of my Chinese version is pretty low.

    So my question is, have you tested that the accurate rate when using Chinese.bundle? is it good enough to be used?

    Just want to make sure that low accuracy is my problem or it is the problem of bundle itself. Like if you( or other developers) got high accuracy from it, then that must be my problem.

    Thank you.

    Halle Winkler


    Yes, I’ve tested the accuracy against test recordings and it was fine, however I can’t test first-hand since I’m not a native speaker (which also means that it is possible there are underrepresented groups in the model that I’m unaware of, e.g. accents or genders, etc), and keep in mind that it is a non-tonal model. Most of the serious issues I’ve heard about with the model were due to the vadThreshold being too low, so you may want to start by increasing it higher even if you have a level where there has been improvement.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.