Audio Output EQ/Quality changes with OpenEars

Home Forums OpenEars Audio Output EQ/Quality changes with OpenEars

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Author
    SparkyNZ
    Participant

I noticed that when using OpenEars it seems to change the equalisation settings on my audio playback – either that or the speech synthesis component has reconfigured my audio output somehow (perhaps changed to mono instead of stereo?).

All I would like to do is use OpenEars for speech recognition. Would it be the speech synthesis that is changing my audio output quality? Do I have to include speech synthesis if I only want to do speech recognition?

Halle Winkler
    Politepix

Greetings,

This is probably happening as a result of the audio session settings for PocketsphinxController. I think it can’t be changed if you are doing the playback and recognition intermittently in the same session.

SparkyNZ
    Participant

So would this mean that I’d have to destroy the PocksetsphixController object when not in use and re-instantiate when required? Apologies for the lack of detail – I don’t have my Mac with me at the moment.. just trying to proactively plan my next lot of home development activities. :-)

Halle Winkler
    Politepix

How it works is that when PocketsphinxController is in its recognition loop, it continually reasserts its own audio session requirements because it would stop working if it didn’t. So it might be sufficient to just stop listening and then start again; you might need to experiment. Suspend and resume aren’t an option because the loop isn’t actually exited when they are used.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.