audioPlayerBeginInterruption

Home Forums OpenEars audioPlayerBeginInterruption

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

• Author
    Robert A Lynch
    Participant

I downloaded OpenEars last week. I can not build the project. audioPlayerBeginInterruption was deprecated as of iOS 8. Is there a version of the project that will build with current tools?

Halle Winkler
    Politepix

Welcome,

Can you be most specific about what part of the project you can’t build and copy and paste which results you receive, which Xcode you’re using, and with which targets? A deprecation warning shouldn’t affect building.

Robert A Lynch
    Participant

Unfortunately, it is not a deprecation warning. It is an error. “Implementing deprecated method”

OEFliteController.m, lines 82 and 104.

I am using Xcode 10.1. I had been targeting iOS 11, but switching the build target to iOS 8 still produces the error.

Halle Winkler
    Politepix

Are you talking about the framework or one of the sample apps?

Halle Winkler
    Politepix

Hmm, looks like it is possible for Xcode to override the following build setting differently for different setups, unfortunately. I will fix this in a future version, but for now, please set the framework project’s build setting as follows:

Screenshot

Robert A Lynch
    Participant

OpenEars.xcodeproj produces the errors

I just tried OpenEarsSampleApp.xcodeproj. It builds and installs on my phone, but does not correctly recognize anything that I say.

Halle Winkler
    Politepix

OK, I’m not sure it’s constructive to troubleshoot the sample app’s recognition of your voice right now if you would like assistance building the framework. Have you given my suggestion above a try?

Halle Winkler
    Politepix

BTW, it shouldn’t be necessary for you to build the framework if you are just testing out the sample app for the first time – the cases under which a rebuild of the framework are needed/suggested aren’t that common.

Robert A Lynch
    Participant

Just to follow up, the sample app appears to (incorrectly) hear words when I use the phone’s microphone but when I try to use a bluetooth headset I get a message that the audio input is detected, but the input level does not vary from -120.

Halle Winkler
    Politepix

Hi Robert,

Are you finished with your question about building the framework?

Robert A Lynch
    Participant

New error: linker command failed with exit code 1

Edit: Sorry, should have been more clear. This error happens after making the changes to the build settings that you suggested above.

Halle Winkler
    Politepix

Please set your project to the legacy build system.

Robert A Lynch
    Participant

Changed to legacy build system, still getting, still getting the same linker error.

Halle Winkler
    Politepix

I was able to replicate the issue, but it was fixed by that change. Can you describe to me how you changed the project to the legacy build system?

Robert A Lynch
    Participant

In Xcode: File/Project Settings…

Changed both Shared Project Settings and Per-User Project Settings to Legacy Build System

then Product/Clean and Build

“Linker command failed with exit code 1”

Halle Winkler
    Politepix

OK, in that case I’m afraid I can’t give you more assistance with this at this time since I can’t replicate that this issue persists with the build system changed, and the error shared doesn’t have information about the specific build error in the logs.

However, I have made a new release today which doesn’t demonstrate this issue based on my earlier replication of your issue, so you’re welcome to download it and see if it helps you: https://www.politepix.com/wp-content/uploads/OpenEarsDistribution.tar.bz2

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.