audioSessionInterruptionDidEnd not called

Home Forums OpenEars audioSessionInterruptionDidEnd not called

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Author
    foobar8675
    Participant

Hello Halle,

I’ve noticed that after a FaceTime interrupt, this method is called
    – (void) audioSessionInterruptionDidBegin

However, afterwards, this method is not called.
    – (void) audioSessionInterruptionDidEnd

my workaround is to add the observer NSNotificationCenter.defaultCenter().addObserver(self, selector: “handleInterruption:”, name: AVAudioSessionInterruptionNotification, object: nil)

and handle the notification myself.

Halle Winkler
    Politepix

OK, I’ve made a ticket.

foobar8675
    Participant

Halle,

One other note I failed to mention is I start to listen again in a didBecomeActive notification handler since my AVAudioSessionInterruptionNotification observer was not being called on interruption end as well. This is only when actually accepting the FaceTime call. When calling on FaceTime but not accepting, the interruption end is called as expected.

Halle Winkler
    Politepix

OK, if the second notification simply isn’t firing under that usage, that would more be a case for filing a radar with Apple than an OpenEars bug (if you feel that that is an interruption in Apple’s sense of session interruption, and not just a change of application like switching to another 3rd party app would be).

I won’t do anything opinionated in didBecomeActive since that is definitely app logic and not framework business logic, so I would probably recommend carrying on with your workaround.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.