[Resolved] Bad recognition for words with apostrophes

Home Forums OpenEars plugins [Resolved] Bad recognition for words with apostrophes

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Author
    OT
    Participant

I am using RapidEars and Rejecto demo plugins in OpenEars demo app. If I use phrases that have word with apostrophes (e.g. contractions), it appears as if those words are not “recognizable” when I run the app. For example:

languageArray = [[NSArray alloc] initWithArray:[NSArray arrayWithObjects:
    @"HE'S OVER THERE",
    @"IT'S OVER THERE",
    @"HE'S IN THE CHAIR",
    @"HE'S IN A CHAIR",
    nil]];

I can’t get He’s or It’s to be recognized at all. If I use “He is” or “It is” instead, then it works reasonably well.

I looked at the dynamic dictionary that’s created by Rejecto and the words in the dictionary are entered without apostrophe (e..g HES and ITS).

Not sure what’s the best way to convert DMP file to text file and check what’s going on with the grammar.

Do you have any idea why this may be happening and if there is a special way words with apostrophes should be specified (I tried escaping apostrophe, but that didn’t help).

Thanks,

Ogi

Halle Winkler
    Politepix

This might be an issue with excessive string sanitization on my part. I’ve entered a issue to check out on this and hope to get a chance to investigate in the next couple of weeks.

lookbadgers
    Participant

I can also confirm I have experienced this. When would you estimate you could get a fix released?

Thanks

Halle Winkler
    Politepix

I’ve sent you both a version to test with a fix for this, let me know if it works for you.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.