Bluetooth Audio Playback and disableSessionResetsWhileStopped Issue

Home Forums OpenEars Bluetooth Audio Playback and disableSessionResetsWhileStopped Issue

Tagged: 

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Author
    gtolenti
    Participant

Hello,

I encountered an issue while using Bluetooth audio and OpenEars.

OpenEars 2.506
    IOS 9.3 Ipad 2
    Bluetooth Device: Blue Parrot VXi S450-XT v2.02

OpenEars works great with Bluetooth when the app initially loads. When I don’t start speech recognition and the app goes into the background OpenEars will re-initialize the audio session which causes the Bluetooth audio playback to stop working.

I used disableSessionResetsWhileStopped=true but it will only work if there’s a valid stopped session. As a workaround, when the app starts I immediately call startListening with a minimal model the suspend it. When the app goes into the background stopListening is called. Is there a way to prevent new audio sessions from being created on interrupt without having to call startListening first? Speech recognition in the app is optional so there will be cases where startListening is never called, however, the audio session resets cause problems with Bluetooth audio.

Thanks.

Halle Winkler
    Politepix

Sorry, I don’t have a suggestion for this situation, other than considering creating your listening session on demand when it is needed rather than instantiating it in situations where speech isn’t used, since startup on modern devices is very fast.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.