Cancelling speech synthesis in progress.

Home Forums OpenEars Cancelling speech synthesis in progress.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• Author
    MB
    Participant

Hi,

Is there some way to to cancel speech synthesis in progress and replace it with synthesis for a new text. Currently it looks like if speech synthesis is in progress all calls to ‘say:withVoice:’ are ignored.

I’ve looked at FliteController.h and there is no API that exposes this functionality. I am looking for a way to flush the current synthesis queue and start synthesis for new text.

Thanks,

–MB.

MB
    Participant

There is a method interrupTalking in FliteController. However there is a comment in the header file before this method.

// Handling not doing voice recognition on Flite speech, do not directly call

It looks like its just calling [AvAudioPlayer stop] and setting it to nil. So it should be safe to call.

Thanks,

–MB

PS: Is there some way to look at the source code of FliteController.m? I just want to look at the implementation to find out what the methods in the header file do. I don’t want to modify anything. For e.g. I want to find out how AVAudioPlayerDelegate is implemented etc.

Halle Winkler
    Politepix

You can look at all of the source for OpenEars and modify it for your app. It’s compiled into a framework for your convenience, but it is all shipped with the distribution as source. Here is another discussion of this question that might be helpful to you: https://www.politepix.com/forums/topic/interrupting-speech/

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.