Cannot install OpenEars (pch module not found?)

Home Forums OpenEars Cannot install OpenEars (pch module not found?)

Tagged: ,

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

• Author
    Ruchir
    Participant

Hello,

I’ve been following the Open Ears Swift tutorial, but I’m getting the following error:

<unknown>:0: error: PCH file '/Users/ruchirbaronia/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/Blare-eaibarvmhiwnwsbbvplsdedelffi/Build/Intermediates.noindex/PrecompiledHeaders/OpenEarsHeader-swift_835VSG7ULMF7-clang_53GTILGSD4G9.pch' not found: module file not found
    <unknown>:0: error: clang importer creation failed

I’m not sure what the PCH file is, can someone guide me in solving this?

Best
    Ruchir

Halle Winkler
    Politepix

Welcome,

Can you let me know which Xcode/Swift version this is with, and what the target is (simulator or a specific device)?

Are you able to compile the Swift sample app?

Ruchir
    Participant

Hey Halle,

I’m using XCode 9.2 on a simulator. I cant compile the sample Swift app either. I actually managed to get rid of the prior error by editing the path of the “Objective C Bridging Header” but the underlying error is still occurring:

/Users/ruchirbaronia/Desktop/IOS/Blare/OpenEarsHeader.h:4:9: error: 'OpenEars/OEPocketsphinxController.h' file not found
    #import <OpenEars/OEPocketsphinxController.h>
            ^
    1 error generated.
    <unknown>:0: error: failed to emit precompiled header '/Users/ruchirbaronia/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/Blare-eaibarvmhiwnwsbbvplsdedelffi/Build/Intermediates.noindex/PrecompiledHeaders/OpenEarsHeader-swift_D4MTZLWYZ5F4-clang_53GTILGSD4G9.pch' for bridging header '/Users/ruchirbaronia/Desktop/IOS/Blare/OpenEarsHeader.h'

I can’t put images into this forum, but I asked the same question here in slightly more detail.

Why is my Header file unable to import anything?

Halle Winkler
    Politepix

OK, there should be no issue running the Swift app or following the tutorial with Xcode 9, so I would start by establishing why you can’t compile the sample app, which should be possible to compile and run right after downloading. I’m going to suggest the theory that something has been unintentionally changed in the downloaded distribution, and recommend that you remove all of your work (back it up first) and download an entirely new OpenEars distribution from https://www.politepix.com/openears to a new location, and start by compiling the sample app. If this works, start again with the tutorial with a new app, taking extra time with the first part of step 1. I don’t recommend continuing trying to troubleshoot the existing tutorial implementation app since the issue with the sample app makes it sound like an accidental issue of some kind and not something direct to troubleshoot, and it may also be the case that there have been further changes in the troubleshooting process.

Ruchir
    Participant

Okay I just went with your suggestion and created a completely new project to import the OpenEarsSampleApp xcodeproj but I got the following error on trying to run it in the simulator:

/usr/bin/python: can't find '__main__' module in '/Users/ruchirbaronia/Downloads/OpenEarsDistribution'
    Command /bin/sh failed with exit code 1
    • This reply was modified 5 years, 4 months ago by Ruchir.
    Halle Winkler
    Politepix

There is no need to import the xcodeproj file into anything else. Please just start with a new distribution and open and run the OpenEarsSampleApp project itself with no changes, thanks.

Ruchir
    Participant

Hey Halle, I ran the OpenEarsSampleApp with no changes and it worked fine, just like you predicted! Then, I created a new clean project and followed the entire tutorial again from start to finish, and everything worked this time!

Thank you so much for your timely help

Halle Winkler
    Politepix

Super, I’m happy to hear it!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Cannot install OpenEars (pch module not found?)’ is closed to new replies.