Compiling the framework yields strange bugs

Home Forums OpenEars Compiling the framework yields strange bugs

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• Author
    hifigi
    Participant

If I use the pre-compiled OpenEars framework everything works fine in the app I’m building. However, if I build the framework myself in XCode 7.3 and link the built framework, I get really strange behavior.

I get a SIGABRT from an uncaught NSInvalidArgumentException. Specifically:

-[OELanguageModelGenerator checkPhoneticDictionaryAtAcousticModelPath:]: unrecognized selector sent to instance

But I have no idea where this is coming from. I can’t find this message signature anywhere in the codebase. I’m certainly not calling it in my app. So where is this ghost method coming from?

(I should mention I also have the Rapid Ears and Rejecto frameworks in my project)

Halle Winkler
    Politepix

Welcome,

That sounds like maybe you’re linking to an old Rejecto. Is everything (OpenEars, RapidEars and Rejecto) all version 2.5 or higher?

hifigi
    Participant

I am using Open Ears 2.501

I can’t find any version information inside the Rejecto framework, but for what I’m using the Rejecto blob is 384984 bytes in size with an md5 checksum of e4aba3c759ec106d22adf34b8048c5f2

RapidEars blob size is 605176 bytes with an md5 checksum of da73deb8ebbba53f7ff8994e75a05057

Halle Winkler
    Politepix

Just turn on the logging to see versions, check out the post Please read before you post – how to troubleshoot and provide logging info here so you can see how to turn on and share the logging that provides troubleshooting information for this kind of issue.

hifigi
    Participant

Thanks, you were right: the plugins were out of date. I inherited this codebase and assumed the plugins were up to date since they worked with the pre-compiled Open Ears 2.5

Halle Winkler
    Politepix

Glad that helped!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.