Flite and Ducking

Home Forums OpenEars Flite and Ducking

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

• Author
    mspector
    Participant

Hi Again!

So in my project I am now trying to duck out background music (or whatever the user is currently playing) when flite speaks, and then bring the music back to normal volume when flite is done speaking. I am able to bring the volume down, but I am not able to get the volume back up. I think this has to do with the timing of the program and how long flite is speaking for. When I tried inputting a loop to stop the code until self.fliteController.speechInProgress is false, it is logged that the flite controller never enters the “finishPlaying” method. On the other hand, when I don’t have this loop and just log once flite has entered its “finishPlaying” method, it logs that it has entered it. Do you have any suggestions? I need to be able to know once flite is done, and then do something when its finished.

Thank you in advance!

Halle Winkler
    Politepix

Hiya,

Which version?

mspector
    Participant

Version .913 I think…I downloaded the files back in January

mspector
    Participant

If you think it would be worthwhile to update to the current version of OpenEars I can also do that for the new flitecontroller code.

Halle Winkler
    Politepix

I guess I would suggest that because the AudioSessionManager has been revised, which probably relates to your question. When you update, be sure to read the docs and be sure to no longer directly invoke AudioSessionManager, since that is now internal to the framework.

mspector
    Participant

Okay I’ll work on the update and see if I can figure it out.

mspector
    Participant

Downloaded the new version and I successfully got ducking to work by adding some code to audiosessionmanager and flitecontroller. Thanks for the new version! Working great so far!

Halle Winkler
    Politepix

That’s great!

raulrea
    Participant

hello mspector
    do you mind posting what code you used to do the ducking?

thanks!

lbrt
    Participant

Could I ask for the code use for ducking background music using flightcontroller?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.