Is it possible to use an acoustic model outside the main bundle

Home Forums OpenEars Is it possible to use an acoustic model outside the main bundle

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• Author
    illbo
    Participant

Hi,
    is it possible to use an acoustic model outside the main bundle in iOS?
    I would be able to download the acoustic model remotely and save it in a folder, to decrease the app size.

Thanks

Daniele

Halle Winkler
    Politepix

Welcome,

This should work fine if you are up for doing the troubleshooting, but there is no API for it – it would be necessary to stop using the convenience path methods in OEAcousticModel and instead pass the real path to your model’s top-level directory. This is an advanced topic and gets a bit beyond the scope of support given, but I would recommend experimenting with passing the path to the model to the various methods that ask for it, and I think you’ll be able to get it working.

Coeur
    Participant

@Daniele, on OpenEars 2.041, I am successfully using OpenEars outside the mainBundle:

self.accousticModel = [[NSBundle bundleForClass:self.class] pathForResource:@”MyAcousticModel” ofType:@”bundle”];
    [sphinxController runRecognitionOnWavFileAtPath:self.wavFilePath usingLanguageModelAtPath:self.languageModelPath dictionaryAtPath:self.dictionaryPath acousticModelAtPath:self.accousticModel languageModelIsJSGF:YES];

But I had trouble with version 2.502, as there are more restrictions than before at using custom models.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.