[Resolved] How to reject out-of-vocabulary utterances?

Home Forums OpenEars [Resolved] How to reject out-of-vocabulary utterances?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• Author
    jerry
    Participant

e.g in the “.languagemodel”there are [eat, fat, love], when I said [ear], it will return [eat]. but I want to get a null result.
    what should I do?thanks!

Halle Winkler
    Politepix

Hi Jerry,

This is the OOV utterance problem — here is the relevant Pocketsphinx FAQ entry:

http://cmusphinx.sourceforge.net/wiki/faq#qcan_pocketsphinx_reject_out-of-grammar_words_and_noises

jerry
    Participant

Thank you!
    I will see that. ^_^

hi!

I saw the doc .But It’s difficult to understood for this: “However, since a phone loop should give us better rejection than confidence scores, I propose that we implement a phone loop in the FlatLinguist as a first attempt. It should be fairly easy to expand the unknown word <unk> into an all-phone self-looping network. As a starter, context-independent phones will be used, since context-dependency was shown to not matter in this case. If a result contains the <unk> word, the utterance can possibly be out-of-grammar. We leave it to the application developer to determine that. “.

1.what the “phone loop” mean?

2.how to use “<unk>“? Is there a sampleCode for Implementation Details?

thx a lot~

jerry
    Participant

hi Halle,
    I saw the doc .But It’s difficult to understood for this: “However, since a phone loop should give us better rejection than confidence scores, I propose that we implement a phone loop in the FlatLinguist as a first attempt. It should be fairly easy to expand the unknown word <unk> into an all-phone self-looping network. As a starter, context-independent phones will be used, since context-dependency was shown to not matter in this case. If a result contains the <unk> word, the utterance can possibly be out-of-grammar. We leave it to the application developer to determine that. “.
    1.what the “phone loop” mean?
    2.how to use “<unk>“? Is there a sampleCode for Implementation Details?
    thx a lot~

Halle Winkler
    Politepix

Hi Jerry,

Since these are questions about the implementation of Pocketsphinx it would be better to ask them at the CMU Sphinx site.

Halle Winkler
    Politepix

Updated: you can now handle out of vocabulary rejection using Politepix’s Rejecto plugin for OpenEars.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.