note: Module debugging should be disabled when shipping static libraries.

Home Forums OpenEars note: Module debugging should be disabled when shipping static libraries.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Author
    konrad
    Participant

I get a lot of warnings of the following form when building:

while processing /Users/konrad/Documents/iCProVision/OpenEars/OpenEars.framework/OpenEars(lm3g_model_legacy.o):
    warning: /Users/me/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/ModuleCache/1D6D3YGTRWHWR/Darwin-MI6WZSG1PNOM.pcm: No such file or directory
    note: Module debugging should be disabled when shipping static libraries.

I know it’s not exactly the end of the world, but since the rest of my code is free of warnings it doesn’t look very clean. What to do?

Halle Winkler
    Politepix

Hi Konrad,

Sorry, I don’t see those warnings so I don’t have suggestions. Is it possible that you’re using a beta Xcode, or that you at some point recompiled the framework?

konrad
    Participant

“using a beta Xcode” – definite no, I have it installed but in order to provision for external beta-testers I need to use the non-beta one.

” some point recompiled the framework” Not that I am aware of. I did open the project that OpenEars is in in Xcode-Beta, but I didn’t see any changes checked in git.

Halle Winkler
    Politepix

OpenEars is compiled with module debugging off (you can confirm this in the xcode project build settings), so I think the framework would have had to have been unintentionally recompiled at some point.

konrad
    Participant

Thanks Halle,

indeed, downloading and reimporting the latest Openears fixed the warnings.
    Huh, I always figured the ‘static’ in static library means those things can’t be changed. TIL.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.