openEars detect the word without speaking it

Home Forums OpenEars openEars detect the word without speaking it

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

• Author
    maheshvaghela
    Participant

I have downloaded latest openEars distribution and try to work on its sample app. I have added my own word as numbers into string from 1 to 26 like “ONE, TWO,…. ,TWENTY SIX”. And it works good. But my problem is, It detects a word from array without speaking it. For example, I don’t speak any word and it respond “you said EIGHT” or “you said TWO”, “you said ONE” etc. sometime it respond “you said EIGHT EIGHT EIGHT…”. And it is continuing to response without speaking any word. I want to use openEars in my new ios app, but it should not be present in it. So I tried on this sample app first. Everything is good in openEars and I like it to use in my app. But my requirement is that app should recognize whatever I say and whenever I say, But it recognize word from dictionary(or array) without saying a word anytime. I have not change any other code in sample app, I have just changed firstLanguageArray with my words. Please suggest me the solution of it.

(merged from other topic):

I have downloaded latest openEars Distribution and working with its sample app. I have just changed the words in the code nothing else. Problem is that it respond “you said EIGHT”, “you said TWO”, etc etc. without speaking a single word. Sometimes it respond “you said EIGHT EIGHT EIGHT”. I have run the project in ipad with ios 8.0.2. I want to use openEars into my app but before that I have to solve this. My changed code is below.

NSMutableArray *numberArray = [[NSMutableArray alloc] init];
    for(int i=1;i<=26;i++)
        {
            NSNumber *numberValue = [NSNumber numberWithInt:anInt]; //needs to be NSNumber!
        NSNumberFormatter *numberFormatter = [[NSNumberFormatter alloc] init];
        [numberFormatter setNumberStyle:NSNumberFormatterSpellOutStyle];
        NSString *wordNumber = [numberFormatter stringFromNumber:numberValue];
        wordNumber = [[wordNumber stringByReplacingOccurrencesOfString:@"-" withString:@" "] uppercaseString];
            [numberArray addObject:wordNumber];
        }

NSArray *firstLanguageArray = [[NSArray alloc] initWithArray:numberArray];

Everything is as it is in sample app, I have just changed array of words. I run the project and don’t speak any word and the app respond as above mentioned. Please suggest me a proper solution.

Halle Winkler
    Politepix

Welcome,

I haven’t seen this behavior or heard of it with OpenEars 2.03, but if you’d like some troubleshooting assistance with this, please check out the post Please read before you post – how to troubleshoot and provide logging info here so you can see how to turn on and share the logging that provides troubleshooting information for this kind of issue. First make sure you’re using the current version of OpenEars:

https://www.politepix.com/openears/changelog

Halle Winkler
    Politepix

BTW, your replacement code above doesn’t compile out of the box so I guess it has probably not been tested as being able to replicate this case when being added to the sample app. But you can show me working code to replicate this case after we’ve had a look at the logs.

maheshvaghela
    Participant

Ok. I have read a given page link information before and also I have latest version downloaded yesterday. I will show you my viewController.m code below

#import "ViewController.h"
    #import <OpenEars/OEPocketsphinxController.h>
    #import <OpenEars/OEFliteController.h>
    #import <OpenEars/OELanguageModelGenerator.h>
    #import <OpenEars/OELogging.h>
    #import <OpenEars/OEAcousticModel.h>
    #import <Slt/Slt.h>

@interface ViewController()

// UI actions, not specifically related to OpenEars other than the fact that they invoke OpenEars methods.
    - (IBAction) stopButtonAction;
    - (IBAction) startButtonAction;
    - (IBAction) suspendListeningButtonAction;
    - (IBAction) resumeListeningButtonAction;

// Example for reading out the input audio levels without locking the UI using an NSTimer

- (void) startDisplayingLevels;
    - (void) stopDisplayingLevels;

// These three are the important OpenEars objects that this class demonstrates the use of.
    @property (nonatomic, strong) Slt *slt;

@property (nonatomic, strong) OEEventsObserver *openEarsEventsObserver;
    @property (nonatomic, strong) OEPocketsphinxController *pocketsphinxController;
    @property (nonatomic, strong) OEFliteController *fliteController;

// Some UI, not specifically related to OpenEars.
    @property (nonatomic, strong) IBOutlet UIButton *stopButton;
    @property (nonatomic, strong) IBOutlet UIButton *startButton;
    @property (nonatomic, strong) IBOutlet UIButton *suspendListeningButton;	
    @property (nonatomic, strong) IBOutlet UIButton *resumeListeningButton;	
    @property (nonatomic, strong) IBOutlet UITextView *statusTextView;
    @property (nonatomic, strong) IBOutlet UITextView *heardTextView;
    @property (nonatomic, strong) IBOutlet UILabel *pocketsphinxDbLabel;
    @property (nonatomic, strong) IBOutlet UILabel *fliteDbLabel;
    @property (nonatomic, assign) BOOL usingStartingLanguageModel;
    @property (nonatomic, assign) int restartAttemptsDueToPermissionRequests;
    @property (nonatomic, assign) BOOL startupFailedDueToLackOfPermissions;

// Things which help us show off the dynamic language features.
    @property (nonatomic, copy) NSString *pathToFirstDynamicallyGeneratedLanguageModel;
    @property (nonatomic, copy) NSString *pathToFirstDynamicallyGeneratedDictionary;
    @property (nonatomic, copy) NSString *pathToSecondDynamicallyGeneratedLanguageModel;
    @property (nonatomic, copy) NSString *pathToSecondDynamicallyGeneratedDictionary;

// Our NSTimer that will help us read and display the input and output levels without locking the UI
    @property (nonatomic, strong) 	NSTimer *uiUpdateTimer;

@end

@implementation ViewController

#define kLevelUpdatesPerSecond 18 // We'll have the ui update 18 times a second to show some fluidity without hitting the CPU too hard.

//#define kGetNbest // Uncomment this if you want to try out nbest
    #pragma mark - 
    #pragma mark Memory Management

- (void)dealloc {
        [self stopDisplayingLevels];
    }

#pragma mark - int to word converter

-(NSString *)GetWordOfInteger:(int)anInt
    {
        wordNumber = [[wordNumber stringByReplacingOccurrencesOfString:@"-" withString:@" "] uppercaseString];
        //NSLog(@"Answer: %@", wordNumber);
        return wordNumber;
    }

#pragma mark View Lifecycle

- (void)viewDidLoad {
        [super viewDidLoad];
        self.fliteController = [[OEFliteController alloc] init];
        self.openEarsEventsObserver = [[OEEventsObserver alloc] init];
        self.openEarsEventsObserver.delegate = self;
        self.slt = [[Slt alloc] init];

self.restartAttemptsDueToPermissionRequests = 0;
        self.startupFailedDueToLackOfPermissions = FALSE;

// [OELogging startOpenEarsLogging]; // Uncomment me for OELogging, which is verbose logging about internal OpenEars operations such as audio settings. If you have issues, show this logging in the forums.
        //[OEPocketsphinxController sharedInstance].verbosePocketSphinx = TRUE; // Uncomment this for much more verbose speech recognition engine output. If you have issues, show this logging in the forums.

[self.openEarsEventsObserver setDelegate:self]; // Make this class the delegate of OpenEarsObserver so we can get all of the messages about what OpenEars is doing.

[[OEPocketsphinxController sharedInstance] setActive:TRUE error:nil]; // Call this before setting any OEPocketsphinxController characteristics

// This is the language model we're going to start up with. The only reason I'm making it a class property is that I reuse it a bunch of times in this example, 
        // but you can pass the string contents directly to OEPocketsphinxController:startListeningWithLanguageModelAtPath:dictionaryAtPath:languageModelIsJSGF:

for(int i=1;i<=26;i++)
        {
            [numberArray addObject:[self GetWordOfInteger:i]];
        }

NSLog(@"Array : %@",numberArray);

/* NSArray *firstLanguageArray = @[@"BACKWARD",
                                        @"CHANGE",
                                        @"FORWARD",
                                        @"GO",
                                        @"LEFT",
                                        @"MODEL",
                                        @"RIGHT",
                                        @"TURN"];*/

OELanguageModelGenerator *languageModelGenerator = [[OELanguageModelGenerator alloc] init]; 

// languageModelGenerator.verboseLanguageModelGenerator = TRUE; // Uncomment me for verbose language model generator debug output.

NSError *error = [languageModelGenerator generateLanguageModelFromArray:firstLanguageArray withFilesNamed:@"FirstOpenEarsDynamicLanguageModel" forAcousticModelAtPath:[OEAcousticModel pathToModel:@"AcousticModelEnglish"]]; // Change "AcousticModelEnglish" to "AcousticModelSpanish" in order to create a language model for Spanish recognition instead of English.

if(error) {
            NSLog(@"Dynamic language generator reported error %@", [error description]);	
        } else {
            self.pathToFirstDynamicallyGeneratedLanguageModel = [languageModelGenerator pathToSuccessfullyGeneratedLanguageModelWithRequestedName:@"FirstOpenEarsDynamicLanguageModel"];
            self.pathToFirstDynamicallyGeneratedDictionary = [languageModelGenerator pathToSuccessfullyGeneratedDictionaryWithRequestedName:@"FirstOpenEarsDynamicLanguageModel"];

}

self.usingStartingLanguageModel = TRUE; // This is not an OpenEars thing, this is just so I can switch back and forth between the two models in this sample app.

// Here is an example of dynamically creating an in-app grammar.

// We want it to be able to response to the speech "CHANGE MODEL" and a few other things.  Items we want to have recognized as a whole phrase (like "CHANGE MODEL") 
        // we put into the array as one string (e.g. "CHANGE MODEL" instead of "CHANGE" and "MODEL"). This increases the probability that they will be recognized as a phrase. This works even better starting with version 1.0 of OpenEars.

NSArray *secondLanguageArray = @[@"SUNDAY",
                                         @"MONDAY",
                                         @"TUESDAY",
                                         @"WEDNESDAY",
                                         @"THURSDAY",
                                         @"FRIDAY",
                                         @"SATURDAY",
                                         @"QUIDNUNC",
                                         @"CHANGE MODEL"];

// The last entry, quidnunc, is an example of a word which will not be found in the lookup dictionary and will be passed to the fallback method. The fallback method is slower,
        // so, for instance, creating a new language model from dictionary words will be pretty fast, but a model that has a lot of unusual names in it or invented/rare/recent-slang
        // words will be slower to generate. You can use this information to give your users good UI feedback about what the expectations for wait times should be.

// I don't think it's beneficial to lazily instantiate OELanguageModelGenerator because you only need to give it a single message and then release it.
        // If you need to create a very large model or any size of model that has many unusual words that have to make use of the fallback generation method,
        // you will want to run this on a background thread so you can give the user some UI feedback that the task is in progress.

// generateLanguageModelFromArray:withFilesNamed returns an NSError which will either have a value of noErr if everything went fine or a specific error if it didn't.
        error = [languageModelGenerator generateLanguageModelFromArray:secondLanguageArray withFilesNamed:@"SecondOpenEarsDynamicLanguageModel" forAcousticModelAtPath:[OEAcousticModel pathToModel:@"AcousticModelEnglish"]]; // Change "AcousticModelEnglish" to "AcousticModelSpanish" in order to create a language model for Spanish recognition instead of English.

//    NSError *error = [languageModelGenerator generateLanguageModelFromTextFile:[NSString stringWithFormat:@"%@/%@",[[NSBundle mainBundle] resourcePath], @"OpenEarsCorpus.txt"] withFilesNamed:@"SecondOpenEarsDynamicLanguageModel" forAcousticModelAtPath:[OEAcousticModel pathToModel:@"AcousticModelEnglish"]]; // Try this out to see how generating a language model from a corpus works.

if(error) {
            NSLog(@"Dynamic language generator reported error %@", [error description]);	
        }	else {

self.pathToSecondDynamicallyGeneratedLanguageModel = [languageModelGenerator pathToSuccessfullyGeneratedLanguageModelWithRequestedName:@"SecondOpenEarsDynamicLanguageModel"]; // We'll set our new .languagemodel file to be the one to get switched to when the words "CHANGE MODEL" are recognized.
            self.pathToSecondDynamicallyGeneratedDictionary = [languageModelGenerator pathToSuccessfullyGeneratedDictionaryWithRequestedName:@"SecondOpenEarsDynamicLanguageModel"];; // We'll set our new dictionary to be the one to get switched to when the words "CHANGE MODEL" are recognized.

// Next, an informative message.

//NSLog(@"\n\nWelcome to the OpenEars sample project. This project understands the words:\nBACKWARD,\nCHANGE,\nFORWARD,\nGO,\nLEFT,\nMODEL,\nRIGHT,\nTURN,\nand if you say \"CHANGE MODEL\" it will switch to its dynamically-generated model which understands the words:\nCHANGE,\nMODEL,\nMONDAY,\nTUESDAY,\nWEDNESDAY,\nTHURSDAY,\nFRIDAY,\nSATURDAY,\nSUNDAY,\nQUIDNUNC");

// This is how to start the continuous listening loop of an available instance of OEPocketsphinxController. We won't do this if the language generation failed since it will be listening for a command to change over to the generated language.

[[OEPocketsphinxController sharedInstance] setActive:TRUE error:nil]; // Call this once before setting properties of the OEPocketsphinxController instance.

//   [OEPocketsphinxController sharedInstance].pathToTestFile = [[NSBundle mainBundle] pathForResource:@"change_model_short" ofType:@"wav"];  // This is how you could use a test WAV (mono/16-bit/16k) rather than live recognition

if(![OEPocketsphinxController sharedInstance].isListening) {
                [[OEPocketsphinxController sharedInstance] startListeningWithLanguageModelAtPath:self.pathToFirstDynamicallyGeneratedLanguageModel dictionaryAtPath:self.pathToFirstDynamicallyGeneratedDictionary acousticModelAtPath:[OEAcousticModel pathToModel:@"AcousticModelEnglish"] languageModelIsJSGF:FALSE]; // Start speech recognition if we aren't already listening.
            }
            // [self startDisplayingLevels] is not an OpenEars method, just a very simple approach for level reading
            // that I've included with this sample app. My example implementation does make use of two OpenEars
            // methods:	the pocketsphinxInputLevel method of OEPocketsphinxController and the fliteOutputLevel
            // method of fliteController. 
            //
            // The example is meant to show one way that you can read those levels continuously without locking the UI, 
            // by using an NSTimer, but the OpenEars level-reading methods 
            // themselves do not include multithreading code since I believe that you will want to design your own 
            // code approaches for level display that are tightly-integrated with your interaction design and the  
            // graphics API you choose. 

[self startDisplayingLevels];

// Here is some UI stuff that has nothing specifically to do with OpenEars implementation
            self.startButton.hidden = TRUE;
            self.stopButton.hidden = TRUE;
            self.suspendListeningButton.hidden = TRUE;
            self.resumeListeningButton.hidden = TRUE;
        }

[[OEPocketsphinxController sharedInstance] setSecondsOfSilenceToDetect:0.2];
        [[OEPocketsphinxController sharedInstance] setVadThreshold:3.0];
    }

#pragma mark -
    #pragma mark OEEventsObserver delegate methods

// What follows are all of the delegate methods you can optionally use once you've instantiated an OEEventsObserver and set its delegate to self. 
    // I've provided some pretty granular information about the exact phase of the Pocketsphinx listening loop, the Audio Session, and Flite, but I'd expect 
    // that the ones that will really be needed by most projects are the following:
    //
    //- (void) pocketsphinxDidReceiveHypothesis:(NSString *)hypothesis recognitionScore:(NSString *)recognitionScore utteranceID:(NSString *)utteranceID;
    //- (void) audioSessionInterruptionDidBegin;
    //- (void) audioSessionInterruptionDidEnd;
    //- (void) audioRouteDidChangeToRoute:(NSString *)newRoute;
    //- (void) pocketsphinxDidStartListening;
    //- (void) pocketsphinxDidStopListening;
    //
    // It isn't necessary to have a OEPocketsphinxController or a OEFliteController instantiated in order to use these methods.  If there isn't anything instantiated that will
    // send messages to an OEEventsObserver, all that will happen is that these methods will never fire.  You also do not have to create a OEEventsObserver in
    // the same class or view controller in which you are doing things with a OEPocketsphinxController or OEFliteController; you can receive updates from those objects in
    // any class in which you instantiate an OEEventsObserver and set its delegate to self.

// This is an optional delegate method of OEEventsObserver which delivers the text of speech that Pocketsphinx heard and analyzed, along with its accuracy score and utterance ID.
    - (void) pocketsphinxDidReceiveHypothesis:(NSString *)hypothesis recognitionScore:(NSString *)recognitionScore utteranceID:(NSString *)utteranceID {

NSLog(@"Local callback: The received hypothesis is %@ with a score of %@ and an ID of %@", hypothesis, recognitionScore, utteranceID); // Log it.
        if([hypothesis isEqualToString:@"CHANGE MODEL"]) { // If the user says "CHANGE MODEL", we will switch to the alternate model (which happens to be the dynamically generated model).

// Here is an example of language model switching in OpenEars. Deciding on what logical basis to switch models is your responsibility.
            // For instance, when you call a customer service line and get a response tree that takes you through different options depending on what you say to it,
            // the models are being switched as you progress through it so that only relevant choices can be understood. The construction of that logical branching and 
            // how to react to it is your job, OpenEars just lets you send the signal to switch the language model when you've decided it's the right time to do so.

if(self.usingStartingLanguageModel) { // If we're on the starting model, switch to the dynamically generated one.

// You can only change language models with ARPA grammars in OpenEars (the ones that end in .languagemodel or .DMP). 
                // Trying to switch between JSGF models (the ones that end in .gram) will return no result.
                [[OEPocketsphinxController sharedInstance] changeLanguageModelToFile:self.pathToSecondDynamicallyGeneratedLanguageModel withDictionary:self.pathToSecondDynamicallyGeneratedDictionary]; 
                self.usingStartingLanguageModel = FALSE;
            } else { // If we're on the dynamically generated model, switch to the start model (this is just an example of a trigger and method for switching models).
                [[OEPocketsphinxController sharedInstance] changeLanguageModelToFile:self.pathToFirstDynamicallyGeneratedLanguageModel withDictionary:self.pathToFirstDynamicallyGeneratedDictionary];
                self.usingStartingLanguageModel = TRUE;
            }
        }

self.heardTextView.text = [NSString stringWithFormat:@"Heard: \"%@\"", hypothesis]; // Show it in the status box.

// This is how to use an available instance of OEFliteController. We're going to repeat back the command that we heard with the voice we've chosen.
        [self.fliteController say:[NSString stringWithFormat:@"You said %@",hypothesis] withVoice:self.slt];
    }

#ifdef kGetNbest   
    - (void) pocketsphinxDidReceiveNBestHypothesisArray:(NSArray *)hypothesisArray { // Pocketsphinx has an n-best hypothesis dictionary.
        NSLog(@"Local callback:  hypothesisArray is %@",hypothesisArray);   
    }
    #endif
    // An optional delegate method of OEEventsObserver which informs that there was an interruption to the audio session (e.g. an incoming phone call).
    - (void) audioSessionInterruptionDidBegin {
        NSLog(@"Local callback:  AudioSession interruption began."); // Log it.
        self.statusTextView.text = @"Status: AudioSession interruption began."; // Show it in the status box.
        NSError *error = nil;
        if([OEPocketsphinxController sharedInstance].isListening) {
            error = [[OEPocketsphinxController sharedInstance] stopListening]; // React to it by telling Pocketsphinx to stop listening (if it is listening) since it will need to restart its loop after an interruption.
            if(error) NSLog(@"Error while stopping listening in audioSessionInterruptionDidBegin: %@", error);
        }
    }

// An optional delegate method of OEEventsObserver which informs that the interruption to the audio session ended.
    - (void) audioSessionInterruptionDidEnd {
        NSLog(@"Local callback:  AudioSession interruption ended."); // Log it.
        self.statusTextView.text = @"Status: AudioSession interruption ended."; // Show it in the status box.
        // We're restarting the previously-stopped listening loop.
        if(![OEPocketsphinxController sharedInstance].isListening){
            [[OEPocketsphinxController sharedInstance] startListeningWithLanguageModelAtPath:self.pathToFirstDynamicallyGeneratedLanguageModel dictionaryAtPath:self.pathToFirstDynamicallyGeneratedDictionary acousticModelAtPath:[OEAcousticModel pathToModel:@"AcousticModelEnglish"] languageModelIsJSGF:FALSE]; // Start speech recognition if we aren't currently listening.    
        }
    }

// An optional delegate method of OEEventsObserver which informs that the audio input became unavailable.
    - (void) audioInputDidBecomeUnavailable {
        NSLog(@"Local callback:  The audio input has become unavailable"); // Log it.
        self.statusTextView.text = @"Status: The audio input has become unavailable"; // Show it in the status box.
        NSError *error = nil;
        if([OEPocketsphinxController sharedInstance].isListening){
            error = [[OEPocketsphinxController sharedInstance] stopListening]; // React to it by telling Pocketsphinx to stop listening since there is no available input (but only if we are listening).
            if(error) NSLog(@"Error while stopping listening in audioInputDidBecomeUnavailable: %@", error);
        }
    }

// An optional delegate method of OEEventsObserver which informs that the unavailable audio input became available again.
    - (void) audioInputDidBecomeAvailable {
        NSLog(@"Local callback: The audio input is available"); // Log it.
        self.statusTextView.text = @"Status: The audio input is available"; // Show it in the status box.
            [[OEPocketsphinxController sharedInstance] startListeningWithLanguageModelAtPath:self.pathToFirstDynamicallyGeneratedLanguageModel dictionaryAtPath:self.pathToFirstDynamicallyGeneratedDictionary acousticModelAtPath:[OEAcousticModel pathToModel:@"AcousticModelEnglish"] languageModelIsJSGF:FALSE]; // Start speech recognition, but only if we aren't already listening.
        }
    }
    // An optional delegate method of OEEventsObserver which informs that there was a change to the audio route (e.g. headphones were plugged in or unplugged).
    - (void) audioRouteDidChangeToRoute:(NSString *)newRoute {
        NSLog(@"Local callback: Audio route change. The new audio route is %@", newRoute); // Log it.
        self.statusTextView.text = [NSString stringWithFormat:@"Status: Audio route change. The new audio route is %@",newRoute]; // Show it in the status box.

NSError *error = [[OEPocketsphinxController sharedInstance] stopListening]; // React to it by telling the Pocketsphinx loop to shut down and then start listening again on the new route

if(error)NSLog(@"Local callback: error while stopping listening in audioRouteDidChangeToRoute: %@",error);

[[OEPocketsphinxController sharedInstance] startListeningWithLanguageModelAtPath:self.pathToFirstDynamicallyGeneratedLanguageModel dictionaryAtPath:self.pathToFirstDynamicallyGeneratedDictionary acousticModelAtPath:[OEAcousticModel pathToModel:@"AcousticModelEnglish"] languageModelIsJSGF:FALSE]; // Start speech recognition if we aren't already listening.
        }
    }

// An optional delegate method of OEEventsObserver which informs that the Pocketsphinx recognition loop has entered its actual loop.
    // This might be useful in debugging a conflict between another sound class and Pocketsphinx.
    - (void) pocketsphinxRecognitionLoopDidStart {

NSLog(@"Local callback: Pocketsphinx started."); // Log it.
        self.statusTextView.text = @"Status: Pocketsphinx started."; // Show it in the status box.
    }

// An optional delegate method of OEEventsObserver which informs that Pocketsphinx is now listening for speech.
    - (void) pocketsphinxDidStartListening {

NSLog(@"Local callback: Pocketsphinx is now listening."); // Log it.
        self.statusTextView.text = @"Status: Pocketsphinx is now listening."; // Show it in the status box.

self.startButton.hidden = TRUE; // React to it with some UI changes.
        self.stopButton.hidden = FALSE;
        self.suspendListeningButton.hidden = FALSE;
    }

// An optional delegate method of OEEventsObserver which informs that Pocketsphinx detected speech and is starting to process it.
    - (void) pocketsphinxDidDetectSpeech {
        NSLog(@"Local callback: Pocketsphinx has detected speech."); // Log it.
        self.statusTextView.text = @"Status: Pocketsphinx has detected speech."; // Show it in the status box.
    }

// An optional delegate method of OEEventsObserver which informs that Pocketsphinx detected a second of silence, indicating the end of an utterance. 
    // This was added because developers requested being able to time the recognition speed without the speech time. The processing time is the time between 
    // this method being called and the hypothesis being returned.
    - (void) pocketsphinxDidDetectFinishedSpeech {
        NSLog(@"Local callback: Pocketsphinx has detected a second of silence, concluding an utterance."); // Log it.
        self.statusTextView.text = @"Status: Pocketsphinx has detected finished speech."; // Show it in the status box.
    }

// An optional delegate method of OEEventsObserver which informs that Pocketsphinx has exited its recognition loop, most 
    // likely in response to the OEPocketsphinxController being told to stop listening via the stopListening method.
    - (void) pocketsphinxDidStopListening {
        NSLog(@"Local callback: Pocketsphinx has stopped listening."); // Log it.
        self.statusTextView.text = @"Status: Pocketsphinx has stopped listening."; // Show it in the status box.
    }

// An optional delegate method of OEEventsObserver which informs that Pocketsphinx is still in its listening loop but it is not
    // Going to react to speech until listening is resumed.  This can happen as a result of Flite speech being
    // in progress on an audio route that doesn't support simultaneous Flite speech and Pocketsphinx recognition,
    // or as a result of the OEPocketsphinxController being told to suspend recognition via the suspendRecognition method.
    - (void) pocketsphinxDidSuspendRecognition {
        NSLog(@"Local callback: Pocketsphinx has suspended recognition."); // Log it.
        self.statusTextView.text = @"Status: Pocketsphinx has suspended recognition."; // Show it in the status box.
    }

// An optional delegate method of OEEventsObserver which informs that Pocketsphinx is still in its listening loop and after recognition
    // having been suspended it is now resuming.  This can happen as a result of Flite speech completing
    // on an audio route that doesn't support simultaneous Flite speech and Pocketsphinx recognition,
    // or as a result of the OEPocketsphinxController being told to resume recognition via the resumeRecognition method.
    - (void) pocketsphinxDidResumeRecognition {
        NSLog(@"Local callback: Pocketsphinx has resumed recognition."); // Log it.
        self.statusTextView.text = @"Status: Pocketsphinx has resumed recognition."; // Show it in the status box.
    }

// An optional delegate method which informs that Pocketsphinx switched over to a new language model at the given URL in the course of
    // recognition. This does not imply that it is a valid file or that recognition will be successful using the file.
    - (void) pocketsphinxDidChangeLanguageModelToFile:(NSString *)newLanguageModelPathAsString andDictionary:(NSString *)newDictionaryPathAsString {
        NSLog(@"Local callback: Pocketsphinx is now using the following language model: \n%@ and the following dictionary: %@",newLanguageModelPathAsString,newDictionaryPathAsString);
    }

// An optional delegate method of OEEventsObserver which informs that Flite is speaking, most likely to be useful if debugging a
    // complex interaction between sound classes. You don't have to do anything yourself in order to prevent Pocketsphinx from listening to Flite talk and trying to recognize the speech.
    - (void) fliteDidStartSpeaking {
        NSLog(@"Local callback: Flite has started speaking"); // Log it.
        self.statusTextView.text = @"Status: Flite has started speaking."; // Show it in the status box.
    }

// An optional delegate method of OEEventsObserver which informs that Flite is finished speaking, most likely to be useful if debugging a
    // complex interaction between sound classes.
    - (void) fliteDidFinishSpeaking {
        NSLog(@"Local callback: Flite has finished speaking"); // Log it.
        self.statusTextView.text = @"Status: Flite has finished speaking."; // Show it in the status box.
    }

- (void) pocketSphinxContinuousSetupDidFailWithReason:(NSString *)reasonForFailure { // This can let you know that something went wrong with the recognition loop startup. Turn on [OELogging startOpenEarsLogging] to learn why.
        NSLog(@"Local callback: Setting up the continuous recognition loop has failed for the reason %@, please turn on [OELogging startOpenEarsLogging] to learn more.", reasonForFailure); // Log it.
        self.statusTextView.text = @"Status: Not possible to start recognition loop."; // Show it in the status box.	
    }

- (void) pocketSphinxContinuousTeardownDidFailWithReason:(NSString *)reasonForFailure { // This can let you know that something went wrong with the recognition loop startup. Turn on [OELogging startOpenEarsLogging] to learn why.
        NSLog(@"Local callback: Tearing down the continuous recognition loop has failed for the reason %@, please turn on [OELogging startOpenEarsLogging] to learn more.", reasonForFailure); // Log it.
        self.statusTextView.text = @"Status: Not possible to cleanly end recognition loop."; // Show it in the status box.	
    }

- (void) testRecognitionCompleted { // A test file which was submitted for direct recognition via the audio driver is done.
        NSLog(@"Local callback: A test file which was submitted for direct recognition via the audio driver is done."); // Log it.
        NSError *error = nil;
        if([OEPocketsphinxController sharedInstance].isListening) { // If we're listening, stop listening.
            error = [[OEPocketsphinxController sharedInstance] stopListening];
            if(error) NSLog(@"Error while stopping listening in testRecognitionCompleted: %@", error);
        }

}
    /** Pocketsphinx couldn't start because it has no mic permissions (will only be returned on iOS7 or later).*/
    - (void) pocketsphinxFailedNoMicPermissions {
        NSLog(@"Local callback: The user has never set mic permissions or denied permission to this app's mic, so listening will not start.");
        self.startupFailedDueToLackOfPermissions = TRUE;
    }

/** The user prompt to get mic permissions, or a check of the mic permissions, has completed with a TRUE or a FALSE result  (will only be returned on iOS7 or later).*/
    - (void) micPermissionCheckCompleted:(BOOL)result {
        if(result) {
            self.restartAttemptsDueToPermissionRequests++;
            if(self.restartAttemptsDueToPermissionRequests == 1 && self.startupFailedDueToLackOfPermissions) { // If we get here because there was an attempt to start which failed due to lack of permissions, and now permissions have been requested and they returned true, we restart exactly once with the new permissions.
                NSError *error = nil;
                    error = [[OEPocketsphinxController sharedInstance] stopListening]; // Stop listening if we are listening.
                    if(error) NSLog(@"Error while stopping listening in micPermissionCheckCompleted: %@", error);
                }
                if(!error && ![OEPocketsphinxController sharedInstance].isListening) { // If there was no error and we aren't listening, start listening.
                    [[OEPocketsphinxController sharedInstance] startListeningWithLanguageModelAtPath:self.pathToFirstDynamicallyGeneratedLanguageModel dictionaryAtPath:self.pathToFirstDynamicallyGeneratedDictionary acousticModelAtPath:[OEAcousticModel pathToModel:@"AcousticModelEnglish"] languageModelIsJSGF:FALSE]; // Start speech recognition.
                }
            }
        }
    }

#pragma mark -
    #pragma mark UI

// This is not OpenEars-specific stuff, just some UI behavior

- (IBAction) suspendListeningButtonAction { // This is the action for the button which suspends listening without ending the recognition loop
        [[OEPocketsphinxController sharedInstance] suspendRecognition];	

self.resumeListeningButton.hidden = FALSE;
    }

- (IBAction) resumeListeningButtonAction { // This is the action for the button which resumes listening if it has been suspended
        [[OEPocketsphinxController sharedInstance] resumeRecognition];

}

- (IBAction) stopButtonAction { // This is the action for the button which shuts down the recognition loop.
        NSError *error = nil;
        if([OEPocketsphinxController sharedInstance].isListening) { // Stop if we are currently listening.
            if(error)NSLog(@"Error stopping listening in stopButtonAction: %@", error);
        }
        self.startButton.hidden = FALSE;
    }

- (IBAction) startButtonAction { // This is the action for the button which starts up the recognition loop again if it has been shut down.
        }
    }

#pragma mark -
    #pragma mark Example for reading out Pocketsphinx and Flite audio levels without locking the UI by using an NSTimer

// What follows are not OpenEars methods, just an approach for level reading
    // that I've included with this sample app. My example implementation does make use of two OpenEars
    // methods:	the pocketsphinxInputLevel method of OEPocketsphinxController and the fliteOutputLevel
    // method of OEFliteController. 
    //
    // The example is meant to show one way that you can read those levels continuously without locking the UI, 
    // themselves do not include multithreading code since I believe that you will want to design your own 
    // code approaches for level display that are tightly-integrated with your interaction design and the  
    // 
    // Please note that if you use my sample approach, you should pay attention to the way that the timer is always stopped in
    // dealloc. This should prevent you from having any difficulties with deallocating a class due to a running NSTimer process.

- (void) startDisplayingLevels { // Start displaying the levels using a timer
        [self stopDisplayingLevels]; // We never want more than one timer valid so we'll stop any running timers first.
        self.uiUpdateTimer = [NSTimer scheduledTimerWithTimeInterval:1.0/kLevelUpdatesPerSecond target:self selector:@selector(updateLevelsUI) userInfo:nil repeats:YES];
    }

- (void) stopDisplayingLevels { // Stop displaying the levels by stopping the timer if it's running.
        if(self.uiUpdateTimer && [self.uiUpdateTimer isValid]) { // If there is a running timer, we'll stop it here.
            [self.uiUpdateTimer invalidate];
            self.uiUpdateTimer = nil;
        }
    }

- (void) updateLevelsUI { // And here is how we obtain the levels.  This method includes the actual OpenEars methods and uses their results to update the UI of this view controller.

self.pocketsphinxDbLabel.text = [NSString stringWithFormat:@"Pocketsphinx Input level:%f",[[OEPocketsphinxController sharedInstance] pocketsphinxInputLevel]];  //pocketsphinxInputLevel is an OpenEars method of the class OEPocketsphinxController.

if(self.fliteController.speechInProgress) {
            self.fliteDbLabel.text = [NSString stringWithFormat:@"Flite Output level: %f",[self.fliteController fliteOutputLevel]]; // fliteOutputLevel is an OpenEars method of the class OEFliteController.
        }
    }

@end

Halle Winkler
    Politepix

OK, from my last post, thanks:

please check out the post Please read before you post – how to troubleshoot and provide logging info here so you can see how to turn on and share the logging that provides troubleshooting information for this kind of issue.

maheshvaghela
    Participant

Actually I don’t understand which logging information I have to provide because there is no any crashing or any other event. The app works fine with my words when I spoke. The problem is it recognize the other sound and respond from given words. For example if there is any other noise or sound then it respond “you said TWO” etc. yesterday some sparrow at window making some noise and our app say “you said EIGHT”. I meant to say that it recognize correct all my words but it also give result in some other utterances also.

Halle Winkler
    Politepix

The log output clarifies what is happening in the session you’re reporting and has lots of information for me about the order of events and what happened in the session that I can use to see if something is wrong. It lets me help you with your question without my having to ask you a long series of questions in order to do a troubleshooting process. What logging is needed for a recognition-related issue is described in the linked post.

But I’m a bit confused at this point – here is what you said at the start:

sometime it respond “you said EIGHT EIGHT EIGHT…”. And it is continuing to response without speaking any word.

and this:

Problem is that it respond “you said EIGHT”, “you said TWO”, etc etc. without speaking a single word.

So that sounds like the reported problem is that the app is somehow continuously recognizing words without any input. You said that there is no speech input and there is continuous repeated recognition performed on nothing. I have never experienced or heard of this problem with OpenEars 2.03 so it is very surprising to hear. That is a symptom that I would have to see the logging output for in order to start any troubleshooting process because it is very unusual.

But in your last post you said this:

The problem is it recognize the other sound and respond from given words. For example if there is any other noise or sound then it respond “you said TWO” etc. yesterday some sparrow at window making some noise and our app say “you said EIGHT”. I meant to say that it recognize correct all my words but it also give result in some other utterances also.

Although it may not seem that way, this is different from the app responding to nothing over and over again. You can see an explanation for this and solutions in the FAQ here:

https://www.politepix.com/openears/support/#Q_OpenEars_recognizes_noises_or_random_spoken_words_as_words_in_my_vocabulary_and_I_want_to_reduce_this

The FAQ is at https://www.politepix.com/openears/support

I hope this is helpful.

maheshvaghela
    Participant

Ok, I understand something from your last response that it is a noise problem. I will try the rejecto demo also to verify it. I have copied some log information of 4 to 6 minutes. I have run the sample app and just put ipad as it is and don’t spoke any word. You can see the log information here. In log, you see the words detected and also understand the problem better. And thank you for your Great support. I really appreciate it. Thanks a lot.

2015-01-20 09:26:34.850 OpenEarsSampleApp[5343:2126098] Array : (
        ONE,
        TWO,
        THREE,
        FOUR,
        FIVE,
        SIX,
        SEVEN,
        EIGHT,
        NINE,
        TEN,
        ELEVEN,
        TWELVE,
        THIRTEEN,
        FOURTEEN,
        FIFTEEN,
        SIXTEEN,
        SEVENTEEN,
        EIGHTEEN,
        NINETEEN,
        TWENTY,
        "TWENTY ONE",
        "TWENTY TWO",
        "TWENTY THREE",
        "TWENTY FOUR",
        "TWENTY FIVE",
        "TWENTY SIX"
    )

2015-01-20 09:26:36.396 OpenEarsSampleApp[5343:2126098] Local callback: Pocketsphinx is now listening.
    2015-01-20 09:26:36.400 OpenEarsSampleApp[5343:2126098] Local callback: Pocketsphinx started.
    2015-01-20 09:26:36.854 OpenEarsSampleApp[5343:2126098] Local callback: Pocketsphinx has detected speech.
    2015-01-20 09:26:40.936 OpenEarsSampleApp[5343:2126098] Local callback: Pocketsphinx has detected a second of silence, concluding an utterance.
    2015-01-20 09:26:42.345 OpenEarsSampleApp[5343:2126098] Local callback: Pocketsphinx has detected speech.
    2015-01-20 09:26:45.926 OpenEarsSampleApp[5343:2126098] Local callback: Pocketsphinx has detected a second of silence, concluding an utterance.
    2015-01-20 09:26:46.265 OpenEarsSampleApp[5343:2126098] Local callback: The received hypothesis is TWO with a score of -37 and an ID of 1
    2015-01-20 09:26:46.606 OpenEarsSampleApp[5343:2126098] Local callback: Flite has started speaking
    2015-01-20 09:26:46.616 OpenEarsSampleApp[5343:2126098] Local callback: Pocketsphinx has suspended recognition.
    2015-01-20 09:26:48.464 OpenEarsSampleApp[5343:2126098] Local callback: Flite has finished speaking
    2015-01-20 09:26:48.471 OpenEarsSampleApp[5343:2126098] Local callback: Pocketsphinx has resumed recognition.
    2015-01-20 09:26:48.753 OpenEarsSampleApp[5343:2126098] Local callback: Pocketsphinx has detected speech.
    2015-01-20 09:26:50.142 OpenEarsSampleApp[5343:2126098] Local callback: Pocketsphinx has detected a second of silence, concluding an utterance.
    2015-01-20 09:26:52.078 OpenEarsSampleApp[5343:2126098] Local callback: Pocketsphinx has detected speech.
    2015-01-20 09:26:59.487 OpenEarsSampleApp[5343:2126098] Local callback: Pocketsphinx has detected a second of silence, concluding an utterance.
    2015-01-20 09:26:59.900 OpenEarsSampleApp[5343:2126098] Local callback: Pocketsphinx has detected speech.
    2015-01-20 09:27:04.745 OpenEarsSampleApp[5343:2126098] Local callback: Pocketsphinx has detected a second of silence, concluding an utterance.
    2015-01-20 09:27:07.182 OpenEarsSampleApp[5343:2126098] Local callback: Pocketsphinx has detected speech.
    2015-01-20 09:27:15.247 OpenEarsSampleApp[5343:2126098] Local callback: Pocketsphinx has detected a second of silence, concluding an utterance.
    2015-01-20 09:27:15.935 OpenEarsSampleApp[5343:2126098] Local callback: The received hypothesis is EIGHT with a score of -1 and an ID of 5
    2015-01-20 09:27:16.231 OpenEarsSampleApp[5343:2126098] Local callback: Pocketsphinx has detected speech.
    2015-01-20 09:27:16.234 OpenEarsSampleApp[5343:2126098] Local callback: Flite has started speaking
    2015-01-20 09:27:16.244 OpenEarsSampleApp[5343:2126098] Local callback: Pocketsphinx has suspended recognition.
    2015-01-20 09:27:18.093 OpenEarsSampleApp[5343:2126098] Local callback: Flite has finished speaking
    2015-01-20 09:27:18.100 OpenEarsSampleApp[5343:2126098] Local callback: Pocketsphinx has resumed recognition.
    2015-01-20 09:27:18.577 OpenEarsSampleApp[5343:2126098] Local callback: Pocketsphinx has detected speech.
    2015-01-20 09:27:20.362 OpenEarsSampleApp[5343:2126098] Local callback: Pocketsphinx has detected a second of silence, concluding an utterance.
    2015-01-20 09:27:20.991 OpenEarsSampleApp[5343:2126098] Local callback: Pocketsphinx has detected speech.
    2015-01-20 09:27:36.236 OpenEarsSampleApp[5343:2126098] Local callback: Pocketsphinx has detected a second of silence, concluding an utterance.
    2015-01-20 09:27:42.689 OpenEarsSampleApp[5343:2126098] Local callback: The received hypothesis is TWO with a score of -5112 and an ID of 7
    2015-01-20 09:27:42.984 OpenEarsSampleApp[5343:2126098] Local callback: Flite has started speaking
    2015-01-20 09:27:42.994 OpenEarsSampleApp[5343:2126098] Local callback: Pocketsphinx has suspended recognition.
    2015-01-20 09:27:43.057 OpenEarsSampleApp[5343:2126098] Local callback: Pocketsphinx has detected speech.
    2015-01-20 09:27:44.844 OpenEarsSampleApp[5343:2126098] Local callback: Flite has finished speaking
    2015-01-20 09:27:44.851 OpenEarsSampleApp[5343:2126098] Local callback: Pocketsphinx has resumed recognition.
    2015-01-20 09:27:45.145 OpenEarsSampleApp[5343:2126098] Local callback: Pocketsphinx has detected speech.
    2015-01-20 09:28:01.832 OpenEarsSampleApp[5343:2126098] Local callback: Pocketsphinx has detected a second of silence, concluding an utterance.
    2015-01-20 09:28:04.503 OpenEarsSampleApp[5343:2126098] Local callback: The received hypothesis is EIGHT with a score of -14729 and an ID of 8
    2015-01-20 09:28:04.807 OpenEarsSampleApp[5343:2126098] Local callback: Pocketsphinx has detected speech.
    2015-01-20 09:28:04.810 OpenEarsSampleApp[5343:2126098] Local callback: Flite has started speaking
    2015-01-20 09:28:04.819 OpenEarsSampleApp[5343:2126098] Local callback: Pocketsphinx has suspended recognition.
    2015-01-20 09:28:06.668 OpenEarsSampleApp[5343:2126098] Local callback: Flite has finished speaking
    2015-01-20 09:28:06.675 OpenEarsSampleApp[5343:2126098] Local callback: Pocketsphinx has resumed recognition.
    2015-01-20 09:28:07.080 OpenEarsSampleApp[5343:2126098] Local callback: Pocketsphinx has detected speech.
    2015-01-20 09:28:20.646 OpenEarsSampleApp[5343:2126098] Local callback: Pocketsphinx has detected a second of silence, concluding an utterance.
    2015-01-20 09:28:24.881 OpenEarsSampleApp[5343:2126098] Local callback: The received hypothesis is EIGHT with a score of -2260 and an ID of 9
    2015-01-20 09:28:25.147 OpenEarsSampleApp[5343:2126098] Local callback: Pocketsphinx has detected speech.
    2015-01-20 09:28:25.151 OpenEarsSampleApp[5343:2126098] Local callback: Flite has started speaking
    2015-01-20 09:28:25.160 OpenEarsSampleApp[5343:2126098] Local callback: Pocketsphinx has suspended recognition.
    2015-01-20 09:28:27.011 OpenEarsSampleApp[5343:2126098] Local callback: Flite has finished speaking
    2015-01-20 09:28:27.018 OpenEarsSampleApp[5343:2126098] Local callback: Pocketsphinx has resumed recognition.
    2015-01-20 09:28:28.339 OpenEarsSampleApp[5343:2126098] Local callback: Pocketsphinx has detected speech.
    2015-01-20 09:28:53.420 OpenEarsSampleApp[5343:2126098] Local callback: Pocketsphinx has detected a second of silence, concluding an utterance.
    2015-01-20 09:28:54.347 OpenEarsSampleApp[5343:2126098] Local callback: Pocketsphinx has detected speech.
    2015-01-20 09:29:07.489 OpenEarsSampleApp[5343:2126098] Local callback: Pocketsphinx has detected a second of silence, concluding an utterance.
    2015-01-20 09:29:12.507 OpenEarsSampleApp[5343:2126098] Local callback: The received hypothesis is EIGHT with a score of -2826 and an ID of 10
    2015-01-20 09:29:12.798 OpenEarsSampleApp[5343:2126098] Local callback: Flite has started speaking
    2015-01-20 09:29:12.809 OpenEarsSampleApp[5343:2126098] Local callback: Pocketsphinx has suspended recognition.
    2015-01-20 09:29:12.812 OpenEarsSampleApp[5343:2126098] Local callback: Pocketsphinx has detected speech.
    2015-01-20 09:29:14.656 OpenEarsSampleApp[5343:2126098] Local callback: Flite has finished speaking
    2015-01-20 09:29:14.664 OpenEarsSampleApp[5343:2126098] Local callback: Pocketsphinx has resumed recognition.
    2015-01-20 09:29:15.565 OpenEarsSampleApp[5343:2126098] Local callback: Pocketsphinx has detected speech.
    2015-01-20 09:29:23.366 OpenEarsSampleApp[5343:2126098] Local callback: Pocketsphinx has detected a second of silence, concluding an utterance.
    2015-01-20 09:29:24.991 OpenEarsSampleApp[5343:2126098] Local callback: The received hypothesis is EIGHT with a score of -2475 and an ID of 11
    2015-01-20 09:29:25.240 OpenEarsSampleApp[5343:2126098] Local callback: Pocketsphinx has detected speech.
    2015-01-20 09:29:25.243 OpenEarsSampleApp[5343:2126098] Local callback: Flite has started speaking
    2015-01-20 09:29:25.253 OpenEarsSampleApp[5343:2126098] Local callback: Pocketsphinx has suspended recognition.
    2015-01-20 09:29:27.103 OpenEarsSampleApp[5343:2126098] Local callback: Flite has finished speaking
    2015-01-20 09:29:27.110 OpenEarsSampleApp[5343:2126098] Local callback: Pocketsphinx has resumed recognition.
    2015-01-20 09:29:27.469 OpenEarsSampleApp[5343:2126098] Local callback: Pocketsphinx has detected speech.
    2015-01-20 09:29:34.742 OpenEarsSampleApp[5343:2126098] Local callback: Pocketsphinx has detected a second of silence, concluding an utterance.
    2015-01-20 09:29:35.225 OpenEarsSampleApp[5343:2126098] Local callback: The received hypothesis is EIGHT with a score of -9302 and an ID of 12
    2015-01-20 09:29:35.460 OpenEarsSampleApp[5343:2126098] Local callback: Flite has started speaking
    2015-01-20 09:29:35.471 OpenEarsSampleApp[5343:2126098] Local callback: Pocketsphinx has suspended recognition.
    2015-01-20 09:29:37.320 OpenEarsSampleApp[5343:2126098] Local callback: Flite has finished speaking
    2015-01-20 09:29:37.327 OpenEarsSampleApp[5343:2126098] Local callback: Pocketsphinx has resumed recognition.
    2015-01-20 09:29:37.582 OpenEarsSampleApp[5343:2126098] Local callback: Pocketsphinx has detected speech.
    2015-01-20 09:29:45.495 OpenEarsSampleApp[5343:2126098] Local callback: Pocketsphinx has detected a second of silence, concluding an utterance.
    2015-01-20 09:29:46.977 OpenEarsSampleApp[5343:2126098] Local callback: The received hypothesis is EIGHT with a score of -26102 and an ID of 13
    2015-01-20 09:29:47.253 OpenEarsSampleApp[5343:2126098] Local callback: Pocketsphinx has detected speech.
    2015-01-20 09:29:47.256 OpenEarsSampleApp[5343:2126098] Local callback: Flite has started speaking
    2015-01-20 09:29:47.265 OpenEarsSampleApp[5343:2126098] Local callback: Pocketsphinx has suspended recognition.
    2015-01-20 09:29:49.115 OpenEarsSampleApp[5343:2126098] Local callback: Flite has finished speaking
    2015-01-20 09:29:49.122 OpenEarsSampleApp[5343:2126098] Local callback: Pocketsphinx has resumed recognition.
    2015-01-20 09:29:49.360 OpenEarsSampleApp[5343:2126098] Local callback: Pocketsphinx has detected speech.
    2015-01-20 09:30:14.422 OpenEarsSampleApp[5343:2126098] Local callback: Pocketsphinx has detected a second of silence, concluding an utterance.
    2015-01-20 09:30:15.507 OpenEarsSampleApp[5343:2126098] Local callback: Pocketsphinx has detected speech.
    2015-01-20 09:30:40.548 OpenEarsSampleApp[5343:2126098] Local callback: Pocketsphinx has detected a second of silence, concluding an utterance.
    2015-01-20 09:30:41.608 OpenEarsSampleApp[5343:2126098] Local callback: Pocketsphinx has detected speech.
    2015-01-20 09:31:06.665 OpenEarsSampleApp[5343:2126098] Local callback: Pocketsphinx has detected a second of silence, concluding an utterance.
    2015-01-20 09:31:07.708 OpenEarsSampleApp[5343:2126098] Local callback: Pocketsphinx has detected speech.
    2015-01-20 09:31:32.778 OpenEarsSampleApp[5343:2126098] Local callback: Pocketsphinx has detected a second of silence, concluding an utterance.
    2015-01-20 09:31:33.731 OpenEarsSampleApp[5343:2126098] Local callback: Pocketsphinx has detected speech.
    2015-01-20 09:31:42.111 OpenEarsSampleApp[5343:2126098] Local callback: Pocketsphinx has detected a second of silence, concluding an utterance.
    2015-01-20 09:31:42.784 OpenEarsSampleApp[5343:2126098] Local callback: The received hypothesis is EIGHT with a score of -4186 and an ID of 14
    2015-01-20 09:31:43.074 OpenEarsSampleApp[5343:2126098] Local callback: Pocketsphinx has detected speech.
    2015-01-20 09:31:43.077 OpenEarsSampleApp[5343:2126098] Local callback: Flite has started speaking
    2015-01-20 09:31:43.086 OpenEarsSampleApp[5343:2126098] Local callback: Pocketsphinx has suspended recognition.
    2015-01-20 09:31:44.936 OpenEarsSampleApp[5343:2126098] Local callback: Flite has finished speaking
    2015-01-20 09:31:44.943 OpenEarsSampleApp[5343:2126098] Local callback: Pocketsphinx has resumed recognition.
    2015-01-20 09:31:45.192 OpenEarsSampleApp[5343:2126098] Local callback: Pocketsphinx has detected speech.
    2015-01-20 09:31:52.484 OpenEarsSampleApp[5343:2126098] Local callback: Pocketsphinx has detected a second of silence, concluding an utterance.
    2015-01-20 09:31:53.642 OpenEarsSampleApp[5343:2126098] Local callback: The received hypothesis is EIGHT with a score of -465 and an ID of 15
    2015-01-20 09:31:53.940 OpenEarsSampleApp[5343:2126098] Local callback: Pocketsphinx has detected speech.
    2015-01-20 09:31:53.944 OpenEarsSampleApp[5343:2126098] Local callback: Flite has started speaking
    2015-01-20 09:31:53.953 OpenEarsSampleApp[5343:2126098] Local callback: Pocketsphinx has suspended recognition.
    2015-01-20 09:31:55.803 OpenEarsSampleApp[5343:2126098] Local callback: Flite has finished speaking
    2015-01-20 09:31:55.811 OpenEarsSampleApp[5343:2126098] Local callback: Pocketsphinx has resumed recognition.
    2015-01-20 09:31:56.583 OpenEarsSampleApp[5343:2126098] Local callback: Pocketsphinx has detected speech.
    2015-01-20 09:32:18.854 OpenEarsSampleApp[5343:2126098] Local callback: Pocketsphinx has detected a second of silence, concluding an utterance.
    2015-01-20 09:32:36.577 OpenEarsSampleApp[5343:2126098] Local callback: The received hypothesis is EIGHT TWO TWO EIGHT with a score of -13997 and an ID of 16
    2015-01-20 09:32:36.948 OpenEarsSampleApp[5343:2126098] Local callback: Flite has started speaking
    2015-01-20 09:32:36.958 OpenEarsSampleApp[5343:2126098] Local callback: Pocketsphinx has suspended recognition.
    2015-01-20 09:32:37.673 OpenEarsSampleApp[5343:2126098] Local callback: Pocketsphinx has detected speech.
    2015-01-20 09:32:39.270 OpenEarsSampleApp[5343:2126098] Local callback: Flite has finished speaking
    2015-01-20 09:32:39.277 OpenEarsSampleApp[5343:2126098] Local callback: Pocketsphinx has resumed recognition.
    2015-01-20 09:32:40.096 OpenEarsSampleApp[5343:2126098] Local callback: Pocketsphinx has detected speech.
    2015-01-20 09:33:05.197 OpenEarsSampleApp[5343:2126098] Local callback: Pocketsphinx has detected a second of silence, concluding an utterance.
    2015-01-20 09:33:06.217 OpenEarsSampleApp[5343:2126098] Local callback: Pocketsphinx has detected speech.
    2015-01-20 09:33:30.669 OpenEarsSampleApp[5343:2126098] Local callback: Pocketsphinx has detected a second of silence, concluding an utterance.
    2015-01-20 09:33:55.198 OpenEarsSampleApp[5343:2126098] Local callback: The received hypothesis is EIGHT EIGHT EIGHT EIGHT EIGHT with a score of -27370 and an ID of 17
    2015-01-20 09:33:55.525 OpenEarsSampleApp[5343:2126098] Local callback: Flite has started speaking
    2015-01-20 09:33:55.536 OpenEarsSampleApp[5343:2126098] Local callback: Pocketsphinx has suspended recognition.
    2015-01-20 09:33:56.691 OpenEarsSampleApp[5343:2126098] Local callback: Pocketsphinx has detected speech.
    2015-01-20 09:33:57.847 OpenEarsSampleApp[5343:2126098] Local callback: Flite has finished speaking
    Halle Winkler
    Politepix

Have you looked at the FAQ entry I showed you and increased the value of vadThreshold?

maheshvaghela
    Participant

yes. I update it to 4. As i read somewhere that Threshold value 2 to 4 is an average value.

[[OEPocketsphinxController sharedInstance] setVadThreshold:4.0];

then also that problem occurs.

Halle Winkler
    Politepix

Can you clarify this issue for me a bit? I would like to help more, but it is dependent on it being very clear about what you are experiencing. Which of the following describes the issue:

• There is silence and recognition is frequently occurring.
    • There is noise in the environment and when the app hears the noise, it is giving a hypothesis which is a word in the vocabulary.
    • There is human speech in the environment and when the app hears speech it is giving a hypothesis which is a word in the vocabulary, but the speech was not any of the words in the vocabulary.

maheshvaghela
    Participant

yes. There are two situation when problem is occurring. your given last two situation.

• There is noise in the environment and when the app hears the noise, it is giving a hypothesis which is a word in the vocabulary.
    • There is human speech in the environment and when the app hears speech it is giving a hypothesis which is a word in the vocabulary, but the speech was not any of the words in the vocabulary.

Halle Winkler
    Politepix

OK, now can you show me your logging that I requested previously? The logging you posted above is the sample app’s logging output, but I linked you to a page about how to show OpenEars’ logging output.

The post that I gave you a link for about showing your logging output explains which parts of OpenEars’ logging it is necessary to turn on (OELogging and verbosePocketsphinx), so please read it carefully and show all of the logging requested.

After you post that logging output, please copy and paste the exact, unedited contents of the sample app’s ViewController.m file that lead to this result including your new vadThreshold changes. Thank you.

maheshvaghela
    Participant

OK, now I understand about which logging information you needed. I have written [OELogging startOpenEarsLogging]; and comment out all other NSLog in viewController.m to get only this logging. There are some noise only while this log is generated, it is of 5 to 7 minutes running on ipad.

The result is below please check out. This is the log information.

2015-01-20 14:28:05.402 OpenEarsSampleApp[5398:2164200] Starting OpenEars logging for OpenEars version 2.01 on 32-bit device (or build): iPad running iOS version: 8.000000
    2015-01-20 14:28:06.641 OpenEarsSampleApp[5398:2164232] Speech detected...
    2015-01-20 14:28:10.106 OpenEarsSampleApp[5398:2164232] End of speech detected...
    2015-01-20 14:28:10.372 OpenEarsSampleApp[5398:2164232] Pocketsphinx heard "TEN" with a score of (-13194) and an utterance ID of 0.
    2015-01-20 14:28:10.374 OpenEarsSampleApp[5398:2164200] Flite sending interrupt speech request.
    2015-01-20 14:28:10.377 OpenEarsSampleApp[5398:2164200] I'm running flite
    2015-01-20 14:28:10.617 OpenEarsSampleApp[5398:2164200] I'm done running flite and it took 0.240182 seconds
    2015-01-20 14:28:10.618 OpenEarsSampleApp[5398:2164200] Flite audio player was nil when referenced so attempting to allocate a new audio player.
    2015-01-20 14:28:10.619 OpenEarsSampleApp[5398:2164200] Loading speech data for Flite concluded successfully.
    2015-01-20 14:28:10.727 OpenEarsSampleApp[5398:2164200] Flite sending suspend recognition notification.
    2015-01-20 14:28:11.936 OpenEarsSampleApp[5398:2164200] AVAudioPlayer did finish playing with success flag of 1
    2015-01-20 14:28:12.089 OpenEarsSampleApp[5398:2164200] Flite sending resume recognition notification.
    2015-01-20 14:28:12.597 OpenEarsSampleApp[5398:2164200] Valid setSecondsOfSilence value of 0.200000 will be used.
    2015-01-20 14:28:14.971 OpenEarsSampleApp[5398:2164231] Speech detected...
    2015-01-20 14:28:18.299 OpenEarsSampleApp[5398:2164232] End of speech detected...
    2015-01-20 14:28:18.421 OpenEarsSampleApp[5398:2164232] Pocketsphinx heard "" with a score of (0) and an utterance ID of 1.
    2015-01-20 14:28:18.423 OpenEarsSampleApp[5398:2164232] Hypothesis was null so we aren't returning it. If you want null hypotheses to also be returned, set OEPocketsphinxController's property returnNullHypotheses to TRUE before starting OEPocketsphinxController.
    2015-01-20 14:28:22.526 OpenEarsSampleApp[5398:2164232] Speech detected...
    2015-01-20 14:28:23.287 OpenEarsSampleApp[5398:2164232] End of speech detected...
    2015-01-20 14:28:23.326 OpenEarsSampleApp[5398:2164232] Pocketsphinx heard "TWO" with a score of (-398) and an utterance ID of 2.
    2015-01-20 14:28:23.328 OpenEarsSampleApp[5398:2164200] Flite sending interrupt speech request.
    2015-01-20 14:28:23.331 OpenEarsSampleApp[5398:2164200] I'm running flite
    2015-01-20 14:28:23.528 OpenEarsSampleApp[5398:2164200] I'm done running flite and it took 0.196905 seconds
    2015-01-20 14:28:23.529 OpenEarsSampleApp[5398:2164200] Flite audio player was nil when referenced so attempting to allocate a new audio player.
    2015-01-20 14:28:23.530 OpenEarsSampleApp[5398:2164200] Loading speech data for Flite concluded successfully.
    2015-01-20 14:28:23.637 OpenEarsSampleApp[5398:2164200] Flite sending suspend recognition notification.
    2015-01-20 14:28:24.847 OpenEarsSampleApp[5398:2164200] AVAudioPlayer did finish playing with success flag of 1
    2015-01-20 14:28:24.999 OpenEarsSampleApp[5398:2164200] Flite sending resume recognition notification.
    2015-01-20 14:28:25.507 OpenEarsSampleApp[5398:2164200] Valid setSecondsOfSilence value of 0.200000 will be used.
    2015-01-20 14:28:26.106 OpenEarsSampleApp[5398:2164231] Speech detected...
    2015-01-20 14:28:27.482 OpenEarsSampleApp[5398:2164232] End of speech detected...
    2015-01-20 14:28:27.532 OpenEarsSampleApp[5398:2164232] Pocketsphinx heard "" with a score of (0) and an utterance ID of 3.
    2015-01-20 14:28:27.533 OpenEarsSampleApp[5398:2164232] Hypothesis was null so we aren't returning it. If you want null hypotheses to also be returned, set OEPocketsphinxController's property returnNullHypotheses to TRUE before starting OEPocketsphinxController.
    2015-01-20 14:28:36.088 OpenEarsSampleApp[5398:2164231] Speech detected...
    2015-01-20 14:28:36.857 OpenEarsSampleApp[5398:2164231] End of speech detected...
    2015-01-20 14:28:36.888 OpenEarsSampleApp[5398:2164231] Pocketsphinx heard "" with a score of (1) and an utterance ID of 4.

2015-01-20 14:28:36.890 OpenEarsSampleApp[5398:2164231] Hypothesis was null so we aren't returning it. If you want null hypotheses to also be returned, set OEPocketsphinxController's property returnNullHypotheses to TRUE before starting OEPocketsphinxController.
    2015-01-20 14:28:44.526 OpenEarsSampleApp[5398:2164232] Speech detected...
    2015-01-20 14:28:45.684 OpenEarsSampleApp[5398:2164232] End of speech detected...
    2015-01-20 14:28:45.727 OpenEarsSampleApp[5398:2164232] Pocketsphinx heard "" with a score of (0) and an utterance ID of 5.
    2015-01-20 14:28:45.727 OpenEarsSampleApp[5398:2164232] Hypothesis was null so we aren't returning it. If you want null hypotheses to also be returned, set OEPocketsphinxController's property returnNullHypotheses to TRUE before starting OEPocketsphinxController.
    2015-01-20 14:28:49.519 OpenEarsSampleApp[5398:2164232] Speech detected...
    2015-01-20 14:28:50.796 OpenEarsSampleApp[5398:2164232] End of speech detected...
    2015-01-20 14:28:50.845 OpenEarsSampleApp[5398:2164232] Pocketsphinx heard "" with a score of (0) and an utterance ID of 6.
    2015-01-20 14:28:50.847 OpenEarsSampleApp[5398:2164232] Hypothesis was null so we aren't returning it. If you want null hypotheses to also be returned, set OEPocketsphinxController's property returnNullHypotheses to TRUE before starting OEPocketsphinxController.
    2015-01-20 14:29:13.973 OpenEarsSampleApp[5398:2164232] Speech detected...
    2015-01-20 14:29:14.609 OpenEarsSampleApp[5398:2164232] End of speech detected...
    2015-01-20 14:29:14.638 OpenEarsSampleApp[5398:2164232] Pocketsphinx heard "" with a score of (0) and an utterance ID of 7.
    2015-01-20 14:29:14.640 OpenEarsSampleApp[5398:2164232] Hypothesis was null so we aren't returning it. If you want null hypotheses to also be returned, set OEPocketsphinxController's property returnNullHypotheses to TRUE before starting OEPocketsphinxController.
    2015-01-20 14:29:40.197 OpenEarsSampleApp[5398:2164231] Speech detected...
    2015-01-20 14:29:41.738 OpenEarsSampleApp[5398:2164231] End of speech detected...
    2015-01-20 14:29:41.785 OpenEarsSampleApp[5398:2164231] Pocketsphinx heard "" with a score of (1) and an utterance ID of 8.
    2015-01-20 14:29:41.786 OpenEarsSampleApp[5398:2164231] Hypothesis was null so we aren't returning it. If you want null hypotheses to also be returned, set OEPocketsphinxController's property returnNullHypotheses to TRUE before starting OEPocketsphinxController.
    2015-01-20 14:29:49.421 OpenEarsSampleApp[5398:2164231] Speech detected...
    2015-01-20 14:29:50.327 OpenEarsSampleApp[5398:2164231] End of speech detected...
    2015-01-20 14:29:50.356 OpenEarsSampleApp[5398:2164231] Pocketsphinx heard "" with a score of (0) and an utterance ID of 9.
    2015-01-20 14:29:50.357 OpenEarsSampleApp[5398:2164231] Hypothesis was null so we aren't returning it. If you want null hypotheses to also be returned, set OEPocketsphinxController's property returnNullHypotheses to TRUE before starting OEPocketsphinxController.
    2015-01-20 14:30:17.084 OpenEarsSampleApp[5398:2164231] Speech detected...
    2015-01-20 14:30:18.111 OpenEarsSampleApp[5398:2164231] End of speech detected...
    2015-01-20 14:30:18.152 OpenEarsSampleApp[5398:2164231] Pocketsphinx heard "" with a score of (-1) and an utterance ID of 10.
    2015-01-20 14:30:18.153 OpenEarsSampleApp[5398:2164231] Hypothesis was null so we aren't returning it. If you want null hypotheses to also be returned, set OEPocketsphinxController's property returnNullHypotheses to TRUE before starting OEPocketsphinxController.
    2015-01-20 14:30:29.632 OpenEarsSampleApp[5398:2164232] Speech detected...
    2015-01-20 14:30:30.771 OpenEarsSampleApp[5398:2164232] End of speech detected...
    2015-01-20 14:30:30.822 OpenEarsSampleApp[5398:2164232] Pocketsphinx heard "" with a score of (-1) and an utterance ID of 11.
    2015-01-20 14:30:30.824 OpenEarsSampleApp[5398:2164232] Hypothesis was null so we aren't returning it. If you want null hypotheses to also be returned, set OEPocketsphinxController's property returnNullHypotheses to TRUE before starting OEPocketsphinxController.
    2015-01-20 14:30:46.777 OpenEarsSampleApp[5398:2164231] Speech detected...
    2015-01-20 14:30:50.459 OpenEarsSampleApp[5398:2164231] End of speech detected...
    2015-01-20 14:30:50.614 OpenEarsSampleApp[5398:2164231] Pocketsphinx heard "" with a score of (0) and an utterance ID of 12.
    2015-01-20 14:30:50.614 OpenEarsSampleApp[5398:2164231] Hypothesis was null so we aren't returning it. If you want null hypotheses to also be returned, set OEPocketsphinxController's property returnNullHypotheses to TRUE before starting OEPocketsphinxController.
    2015-01-20 14:31:15.819 OpenEarsSampleApp[5398:2164231] Speech detected...
    2015-01-20 14:31:16.584 OpenEarsSampleApp[5398:2164231] End of speech detected...
    2015-01-20 14:31:16.616 OpenEarsSampleApp[5398:2164231] Pocketsphinx heard "" with a score of (0) and an utterance ID of 13.
    2015-01-20 14:31:16.617 OpenEarsSampleApp[5398:2164231] Hypothesis was null so we aren't returning it. If you want null hypotheses to also be returned, set OEPocketsphinxController's property returnNullHypotheses to TRUE before starting OEPocketsphinxController.
    2015-01-20 14:31:17.493 OpenEarsSampleApp[5398:2164231] Speech detected...
    2015-01-20 14:31:18.261 OpenEarsSampleApp[5398:2164231] End of speech detected...
    2015-01-20 14:31:18.288 OpenEarsSampleApp[5398:2164231] Pocketsphinx heard "" with a score of (-1) and an utterance ID of 14.
    2015-01-20 14:31:18.289 OpenEarsSampleApp[5398:2164231] Hypothesis was null so we aren't returning it. If you want null hypotheses to also be returned, set OEPocketsphinxController's property returnNullHypotheses to TRUE before starting OEPocketsphinxController.
    2015-01-20 14:31:23.516 OpenEarsSampleApp[5398:2164232] Speech detected...
    2015-01-20 14:31:24.127 OpenEarsSampleApp[5398:2164232] End of speech detected...
    2015-01-20 14:31:24.155 OpenEarsSampleApp[5398:2164232] Pocketsphinx heard "" with a score of (0) and an utterance ID of 15.
    2015-01-20 14:31:24.155 OpenEarsSampleApp[5398:2164232] Hypothesis was null so we aren't returning it. If you want null hypotheses to also be returned, set OEPocketsphinxController's property returnNullHypotheses to TRUE before starting OEPocketsphinxController.
    2015-01-20 14:33:00.527 OpenEarsSampleApp[5398:2164232] Speech detected...
    2015-01-20 14:33:01.295 OpenEarsSampleApp[5398:2164232] End of speech detected...
    2015-01-20 14:33:01.325 OpenEarsSampleApp[5398:2164232] Pocketsphinx heard "" with a score of (0) and an utterance ID of 16.
    2015-01-20 14:33:01.326 OpenEarsSampleApp[5398:2164232] Hypothesis was null so we aren't returning it. If you want null hypotheses to also be returned, set OEPocketsphinxController's property returnNullHypotheses to TRUE before starting OEPocketsphinxController.
    2015-01-20 14:33:02.819 OpenEarsSampleApp[5398:2164232] Speech detected...
    2015-01-20 14:33:06.421 OpenEarsSampleApp[5398:2164232] End of speech detected...
    2015-01-20 14:33:06.575 OpenEarsSampleApp[5398:2164232] Pocketsphinx heard "" with a score of (0) and an utterance ID of 17.
    2015-01-20 14:33:06.577 OpenEarsSampleApp[5398:2164232] Hypothesis was null so we aren't returning it. If you want null hypotheses to also be returned, set OEPocketsphinxController's property returnNullHypotheses to TRUE before starting OEPocketsphinxController.
    2015-01-20 14:33:11.410 OpenEarsSampleApp[5398:2164231] Speech detected...
    2015-01-20 14:33:17.050 OpenEarsSampleApp[5398:2164231] End of speech detected...
    2015-01-20 14:33:17.327 OpenEarsSampleApp[5398:2164231] Pocketsphinx heard "" with a score of (0) and an utterance ID of 18.
    2015-01-20 14:33:17.328 OpenEarsSampleApp[5398:2164231] Hypothesis was null so we aren't returning it. If you want null hypotheses to also be returned, set OEPocketsphinxController's property returnNullHypotheses to TRUE before starting OEPocketsphinxController.
    2015-01-20 14:33:18.188 OpenEarsSampleApp[5398:2164231] Speech detected...
    2015-01-20 14:33:19.218 OpenEarsSampleApp[5398:2164232] End of speech detected...
    2015-01-20 14:33:19.258 OpenEarsSampleApp[5398:2164232] Pocketsphinx heard "" with a score of (0) and an utterance ID of 19.
    2015-01-20 14:33:19.259 OpenEarsSampleApp[5398:2164232] Hypothesis was null so we aren't returning it. If you want null hypotheses to also be returned, set OEPocketsphinxController's property returnNullHypotheses to TRUE before starting OEPocketsphinxController.
    2015-01-20 14:33:19.715 OpenEarsSampleApp[5398:2164232] Speech detected...
    2015-01-20 14:33:21.752 OpenEarsSampleApp[5398:2164232] End of speech detected...
    2015-01-20 14:33:21.833 OpenEarsSampleApp[5398:2164232] Pocketsphinx heard "TWO" with a score of (-3) and an utterance ID of 20.
    2015-01-20 14:33:21.834 OpenEarsSampleApp[5398:2164200] Flite sending interrupt speech request.
    2015-01-20 14:33:21.835 OpenEarsSampleApp[5398:2164200] I'm running flite
    2015-01-20 14:33:22.031 OpenEarsSampleApp[5398:2164200] I'm done running flite and it took 0.195895 seconds
    2015-01-20 14:33:22.032 OpenEarsSampleApp[5398:2164200] Flite audio player was nil when referenced so attempting to allocate a new audio player.
    2015-01-20 14:33:22.033 OpenEarsSampleApp[5398:2164200] Loading speech data for Flite concluded successfully.
    2015-01-20 14:33:22.060 OpenEarsSampleApp[5398:2164200] Flite sending suspend recognition notification.
    2015-01-20 14:33:23.269 OpenEarsSampleApp[5398:2164200] AVAudioPlayer did finish playing with success flag of 1
    2015-01-20 14:33:23.421 OpenEarsSampleApp[5398:2164200] Flite sending resume recognition notification.
    2015-01-20 14:33:23.929 OpenEarsSampleApp[5398:2164200] Valid setSecondsOfSilence value of 0.200000 will be used.
    2015-01-20 14:33:24.216 OpenEarsSampleApp[5398:2164231] Speech detected...
    2015-01-20 14:33:27.289 OpenEarsSampleApp[5398:2164231] End of speech detected...
    2015-01-20 14:33:27.616 OpenEarsSampleApp[5398:2164231] Pocketsphinx heard "EIGHT" with a score of (-5676) and an utterance ID of 21.
    Halle Winkler
    Politepix

Can you please update to the version of OpenEars that is up now on the site (it will show 2.03 in your logging rather than 2.01) and turn on verbosePocketsphinx to show your logging as I requested and as is described in the linked post? There are two lines in the sample app which do this for you — all you need is to uncomment both lines:

// [OELogging startOpenEarsLogging]; // Uncomment me for OELogging, which is verbose logging about internal OpenEars operations such as audio settings. If you have issues, show this logging in the forums.
        //[OEPocketsphinxController sharedInstance].verbosePocketSphinx = TRUE; // Uncomment this for much more verbose speech recognition engine output. If you have issues, show this logging in the forums.

After you have posted your complete logging here, please post your complete and unedited ViewController.m contents which show your recent changes to vadThreshold. Thank you.

maheshvaghela
    Participant

Ok, I have updated version to 2.03 and also uncomment that two lines.
    This is a log information.

2015-01-20 16:12:19.509 OpenEarsSampleApp[5469:2180532] Starting OpenEars logging for OpenEars version 2.03 on 32-bit device (or build): iPad running iOS version: 8.000000
    2015-01-20 16:12:19.512 OpenEarsSampleApp[5469:2180532] Creating shared instance of OEPocketsphinxController
    2015-01-20 16:12:19.669 OpenEarsSampleApp[5469:2180532] Starting dynamic language model generation

INFO: cmd_ln.c(702): Parsing command line:
    sphinx_lm_convert \
    	-i /var/mobile/Containers/Data/Application/6A690B2A-2799-46D9-BF15-9037FDC56EF7/Library/Caches/FirstOpenEarsDynamicLanguageModel.arpa \
    	-o /var/mobile/Containers/Data/Application/6A690B2A-2799-46D9-BF15-9037FDC56EF7/Library/Caches/FirstOpenEarsDynamicLanguageModel.DMP 

Current configuration:
    [NAME]		[DEFLT]	[VALUE]
    -case			
    -debug			0
    -help		no	no
    -i			/var/mobile/Containers/Data/Application/6A690B2A-2799-46D9-BF15-9037FDC56EF7/Library/Caches/FirstOpenEarsDynamicLanguageModel.arpa
    -ienc			
    -ifmt			
    -logbase	1.0001	1.000100e+00
    -mmap		no	no
    -o			/var/mobile/Containers/Data/Application/6A690B2A-2799-46D9-BF15-9037FDC56EF7/Library/Caches/FirstOpenEarsDynamicLanguageModel.DMP
    -oenc		utf8	utf8
    -ofmt			

INFO: ngram_model_arpa.c(504): ngrams 1=22, 2=46, 3=32
    INFO: ngram_model_arpa.c(137): Reading unigrams
    INFO: ngram_model_arpa.c(543):       22 = #unigrams created
    INFO: ngram_model_arpa.c(197): Reading bigrams
    INFO: ngram_model_arpa.c(561):       46 = #bigrams created
    INFO: ngram_model_arpa.c(562):        6 = #prob2 entries
    INFO: ngram_model_arpa.c(570):        5 = #bo_wt2 entries
    INFO: ngram_model_arpa.c(294): Reading trigrams
    INFO: ngram_model_arpa.c(583):       32 = #trigrams created
    INFO: ngram_model_arpa.c(584):        3 = #prob3 entries
    INFO: ngram_model_dmp.c(518): Building DMP model...
    INFO: ngram_model_dmp.c(548):       22 = #unigrams created
    INFO: ngram_model_dmp.c(649):       46 = #bigrams created
    INFO: ngram_model_dmp.c(650):        6 = #prob2 entries
    INFO: ngram_model_dmp.c(657):        5 = #bo_wt2 entries
    INFO: ngram_model_dmp.c(661):       32 = #trigrams created
    INFO: ngram_model_dmp.c(662):        3 = #prob3 entries
    2015-01-20 16:12:19.745 OpenEarsSampleApp[5469:2180532] Done creating language model with CMUCLMTK in 0.075357 seconds.
    2015-01-20 16:12:19.912 OpenEarsSampleApp[5469:2180532] I'm done running performDictionaryLookup and it took 0.134176 seconds
    2015-01-20 16:12:19.922 OpenEarsSampleApp[5469:2180532] I'm done running dynamic language model generation and it took 0.304282 seconds
    2015-01-20 16:12:19.929 OpenEarsSampleApp[5469:2180532] Starting dynamic language model generation

sphinx_lm_convert \
    	-i /var/mobile/Containers/Data/Application/6A690B2A-2799-46D9-BF15-9037FDC56EF7/Library/Caches/SecondOpenEarsDynamicLanguageModel.arpa \
    	-o /var/mobile/Containers/Data/Application/6A690B2A-2799-46D9-BF15-9037FDC56EF7/Library/Caches/SecondOpenEarsDynamicLanguageModel.DMP 

Current configuration:
    [NAME]		[DEFLT]	[VALUE]
    -case			
    -debug			0
    -help		no	no
    -i			/var/mobile/Containers/Data/Application/6A690B2A-2799-46D9-BF15-9037FDC56EF7/Library/Caches/SecondOpenEarsDynamicLanguageModel.arpa
    -ienc			
    -ifmt			
    -logbase	1.0001	1.000100e+00
    -mmap		no	no
    -o			/var/mobile/Containers/Data/Application/6A690B2A-2799-46D9-BF15-9037FDC56EF7/Library/Caches/SecondOpenEarsDynamicLanguageModel.DMP
    -oenc		utf8	utf8
    -ofmt			

INFO: ngram_model_arpa.c(504): ngrams 1=12, 2=19, 3=10
    INFO: ngram_model_arpa.c(137): Reading unigrams
    INFO: ngram_model_arpa.c(543):       12 = #unigrams created
    INFO: ngram_model_arpa.c(197): Reading bigrams
    INFO: ngram_model_arpa.c(561):       19 = #bigrams created
    INFO: ngram_model_arpa.c(562):        3 = #prob2 entries
    INFO: ngram_model_arpa.c(570):        3 = #bo_wt2 entries
    INFO: ngram_model_arpa.c(294): Reading trigrams
    INFO: ngram_model_arpa.c(583):       10 = #trigrams created
    INFO: ngram_model_arpa.c(584):        2 = #prob3 entries
    INFO: ngram_model_dmp.c(518): Building DMP model...
    INFO: ngram_model_dmp.c(548):       12 = #unigrams created
    INFO: ngram_model_dmp.c(649):       19 = #bigrams created
    INFO: ngram_model_dmp.c(650):        3 = #prob2 entries
    INFO: ngram_model_dmp.c(657):        3 = #bo_wt2 entries
    INFO: ngram_model_dmp.c(661):       10 = #trigrams created
    INFO: ngram_model_dmp.c(662):        2 = #prob3 entries
    2015-01-20 16:12:20.005 OpenEarsSampleApp[5469:2180532] Done creating language model with CMUCLMTK in 0.074512 seconds.
    2015-01-20 16:12:20.178 OpenEarsSampleApp[5469:2180532] The word QUIDNUNC was not found in the dictionary /private/var/mobile/Containers/Bundle/Application/03075EFA-2B35-4613-BBF0-2E3BD17986E8/OpenEarsSampleApp.app/AcousticModelEnglish.bundle/LanguageModelGeneratorLookupList.text/LanguageModelGeneratorLookupList.text.
    2015-01-20 16:12:20.179 OpenEarsSampleApp[5469:2180532] Now using the fallback method to look up the word QUIDNUNC
    2015-01-20 16:12:20.179 OpenEarsSampleApp[5469:2180532] If this is happening more frequently than you would expect, the most likely cause for it is since you are using the English phonetic lookup dictionary is that your words are not in English or aren't dictionary words, or that you are submitting the words in lowercase when they need to be entirely written in uppercase. This can also happen if you submit words with punctuation attached – consider removing punctuation from language models or grammars you create before submitting them.
    2015-01-20 16:12:20.181 OpenEarsSampleApp[5469:2180532] Using convertGraphemes for the word or phrase QUIDNUNC which doesn't appear in the dictionary
    2015-01-20 16:12:20.239 OpenEarsSampleApp[5469:2180532] I'm done running performDictionaryLookup and it took 0.204421 seconds
    2015-01-20 16:12:20.249 OpenEarsSampleApp[5469:2180532] I'm done running dynamic language model generation and it took 0.325570 seconds
    2015-01-20 16:12:20.250 OpenEarsSampleApp[5469:2180532] Attempting to start listening session from startListeningWithLanguageModelAtPath:
    2015-01-20 16:12:20.259 OpenEarsSampleApp[5469:2180532] User gave mic permission for this app.
    2015-01-20 16:12:20.260 OpenEarsSampleApp[5469:2180532] Valid setSecondsOfSilence value of 0.200000 will be used.
    2015-01-20 16:12:20.262 OpenEarsSampleApp[5469:2180532] Successfully started listening session from startListeningWithLanguageModelAtPath:
    2015-01-20 16:12:20.262 OpenEarsSampleApp[5469:2180540] Starting listening.
    2015-01-20 16:12:20.263 OpenEarsSampleApp[5469:2180540] about to set up audio session
    2015-01-20 16:12:20.340 OpenEarsSampleApp[5469:2180549] Audio route has changed for the following reason:
    2015-01-20 16:12:20.355 OpenEarsSampleApp[5469:2180549] There was a category change. The new category is AVAudioSessionCategoryPlayAndRecord
    2015-01-20 16:12:20.724 OpenEarsSampleApp[5469:2180540] done starting audio unit
    \
    	-lm /var/mobile/Containers/Data/Application/6A690B2A-2799-46D9-BF15-9037FDC56EF7/Library/Caches/FirstOpenEarsDynamicLanguageModel.DMP \
    	-vad_prespeech 10 \
    	-vad_postspeech 20 \
    	-vad_threshold 3.000000 \
    	-remove_noise yes \
    	-remove_silence yes \
    	-bestpath yes \
    	-lw 6.500000 \
    	-dict /var/mobile/Containers/Data/Application/6A690B2A-2799-46D9-BF15-9037FDC56EF7/Library/Caches/FirstOpenEarsDynamicLanguageModel.dic \
    	-hmm /private/var/mobile/Containers/Bundle/Application/03075EFA-2B35-4613-BBF0-2E3BD17986E8/OpenEarsSampleApp.app/AcousticModelEnglish.bundle 

Current configuration:
    [NAME]		[DEFLT]		[VALUE]
    -agc		none		none
    -agcthresh	2.0		2.000000e+00
    -allphone			
    -allphone_ci	no		no
    -alpha		0.97		9.700000e-01
    -argfile			
    -ascale		20.0		2.000000e+01
    -aw		1		1
    -backtrace	no		no
    -beam		1e-48		1.000000e-48
    -bestpath	yes		yes
    -bestpathlw	9.5		9.500000e+00
    -bghist		no		no
    -ceplen		13		13
    -cmn		current		current
    -cmninit	8.0		8.0
    -compallsen	no		no
    -debug				0
    -dict				/var/mobile/Containers/Data/Application/6A690B2A-2799-46D9-BF15-9037FDC56EF7/Library/Caches/FirstOpenEarsDynamicLanguageModel.dic
    -dictcase	no		no
    -dither		no		no
    -doublebw	no		no
    -ds		1		1
    -fdict				
    -feat		1s_c_d_dd	1s_c_d_dd
    -featparams			
    -fillprob	1e-8		1.000000e-08
    -frate		100		100
    -fsg				
    -fsgusealtpron	yes		yes
    -fsgusefiller	yes		yes
    -fwdflat	yes		yes
    -fwdflatbeam	1e-64		1.000000e-64
    -fwdflatefwid	4		4
    -fwdflatlw	8.5		8.500000e+00
    -fwdflatsfwin	25		25
    -fwdflatwbeam	7e-29		7.000000e-29
    -fwdtree	yes		yes
    -hmm				/private/var/mobile/Containers/Bundle/Application/03075EFA-2B35-4613-BBF0-2E3BD17986E8/OpenEarsSampleApp.app/AcousticModelEnglish.bundle
    -input_endian	little		little
    -jsgf				
    -kdmaxbbi	-1		-1
    -kdmaxdepth	0		0
    -kdtree				
    -keyphrase			
    -kws				
    -kws_plp	1e-1		1.000000e-01
    -kws_threshold	1		1.000000e+00
    -latsize	5000		5000
    -lda				
    -ldadim		0		0
    -lextreedump	0		0
    -lifter		0		0
    -lm				/var/mobile/Containers/Data/Application/6A690B2A-2799-46D9-BF15-9037FDC56EF7/Library/Caches/FirstOpenEarsDynamicLanguageModel.DMP
    -lmctl				
    -lmname				
    -logbase	1.0001		1.000100e+00
    -logfn				
    -logspec	no		no
    -lowerf		133.33334	1.333333e+02
    -lpbeam		1e-40		1.000000e-40
    -lponlybeam	7e-29		7.000000e-29
    -lw		6.5		6.500000e+00
    -maxhmmpf	10000		10000
    -maxnewoov	20		20
    -maxwpf		-1		-1
    -mdef				
    -mean				
    -mfclogdir			
    -min_endfr	0		0
    -mixw				
    -mixwfloor	0.0000001	1.000000e-07
    -mllr				
    -mmap		yes		yes
    -ncep		13		13
    -nfft		512		512
    -nfilt		40		40
    -nwpen		1.0		1.000000e+00
    -pbeam		1e-48		1.000000e-48
    -pip		1.0		1.000000e+00
    -pl_beam	1e-10		1.000000e-10
    -pl_pbeam	1e-5		1.000000e-05
    -pl_window	0		0
    -rawlogdir			
    -remove_dc	no		no
    -remove_noise	yes		yes
    -remove_silence	yes		yes
    -round_filters	yes		yes
    -samprate	16000		1.600000e+04
    -seed		-1		-1
    -sendump			
    -senlogdir			
    -senmgau			
    -silprob	0.005		5.000000e-03
    -smoothspec	no		no
    -svspec				
    -tmat				
    -tmatfloor	0.0001		1.000000e-04
    -topn		4		4
    -topn_beam	0		0
    -toprule			
    -transform	legacy		legacy
    -unit_area	yes		yes
    -upperf		6855.4976	6.855498e+03
    -usewdphones	no		no
    -uw		1.0		1.000000e+00
    -vad_postspeech	50		20
    -vad_prespeech	10		10
    -vad_threshold	2.0		3.000000e+00
    -var				
    -varfloor	0.0001		1.000000e-04
    -varnorm	no		no
    -verbose	no		no
    -warp_params			
    -warp_type	inverse_linear	inverse_linear
    -wbeam		7e-29		7.000000e-29
    -wip		0.65		6.500000e-01
    -wlen		0.025625	2.562500e-02

2015-01-20 16:12:20.731 OpenEarsSampleApp[5469:2180549] This is not a case in which OpenEars notifies of a route change. At the close of this function, the new audio route is ---SpeakerMicrophoneBuiltIn---. The previous route before changing to this route was <AVAudioSessionRouteDescription: 0x17e6a8e0, 
    inputs = (null); 
    outputs = (
        "<AVAudioSessionPortDescription: 0x17e69120, type = Speaker; name = Speaker; UID = Built-In Speaker; selectedDataSource = (null)>"
    )>.
    \
    	-nfilt 25 \
    	-lowerf 130 \
    	-upperf 6800 \
    	-feat 1s_c_d_dd \
    	-svspec 0-12/13-25/26-38 \
    	-agc none \
    	-cmn current \
    	-varnorm no \
    	-transform dct \
    	-lifter 22 \
    	-cmninit 40 

Current configuration:
    [NAME]		[DEFLT]		[VALUE]
    -agc		none		none
    -agcthresh	2.0		2.000000e+00
    -alpha		0.97		9.700000e-01
    -ceplen		13		13
    -cmn		current		current
    -cmninit	8.0		40
    -dither		no		no
    -doublebw	no		no
    -feat		1s_c_d_dd	1s_c_d_dd
    -frate		100		100
    -input_endian	little		little
    -lda				
    -ldadim		0		0
    -lifter		0		22
    -logspec	no		no
    -lowerf		133.33334	1.300000e+02
    -ncep		13		13
    -nfft		512		512
    -nfilt		40		25
    -remove_dc	no		no
    -remove_noise	yes		yes
    -remove_silence	yes		yes
    -round_filters	yes		yes
    -samprate	16000		1.600000e+04
    -seed		-1		-1
    -smoothspec	no		no
    -svspec				0-12/13-25/26-38
    -transform	legacy		dct
    -unit_area	yes		yes
    -upperf		6855.4976	6.800000e+03
    -vad_postspeech	50		20
    -vad_prespeech	10		10
    -vad_threshold	2.0		3.000000e+00
    -varnorm	no		no
    -verbose	no		no
    -warp_params			
    -warp_type	inverse_linear	inverse_linear
    -wlen		0.025625	2.562500e-02

INFO: acmod.c(252): Parsed model-specific feature parameters from /private/var/mobile/Containers/Bundle/Application/03075EFA-2B35-4613-BBF0-2E3BD17986E8/OpenEarsSampleApp.app/AcousticModelEnglish.bundle/feat.params
    INFO: feat.c(715): Initializing feature stream to type: '1s_c_d_dd', ceplen=13, CMN='current', VARNORM='no', AGC='none'
    INFO: cmn.c(143): mean[0]= 12.00, mean[1..12]= 0.0
    INFO: acmod.c(171): Using subvector specification 0-12/13-25/26-38
    INFO: mdef.c(518): Reading model definition: /private/var/mobile/Containers/Bundle/Application/03075EFA-2B35-4613-BBF0-2E3BD17986E8/OpenEarsSampleApp.app/AcousticModelEnglish.bundle/mdef
    INFO: mdef.c(531): Found byte-order mark BMDF, assuming this is a binary mdef file
    INFO: bin_mdef.c(336): Reading binary model definition: /private/var/mobile/Containers/Bundle/Application/03075EFA-2B35-4613-BBF0-2E3BD17986E8/OpenEarsSampleApp.app/AcousticModelEnglish.bundle/mdef
    INFO: bin_mdef.c(516): 46 CI-phone, 168344 CD-phone, 3 emitstate/phone, 138 CI-sen, 6138 Sen, 32881 Sen-Seq
    INFO: tmat.c(206): Reading HMM transition probability matrices: /private/var/mobile/Containers/Bundle/Application/03075EFA-2B35-4613-BBF0-2E3BD17986E8/OpenEarsSampleApp.app/AcousticModelEnglish.bundle/transition_matrices
    INFO: acmod.c(124): Attempting to use SCHMM computation module
    INFO: ms_gauden.c(198): Reading mixture gaussian parameter: /private/var/mobile/Containers/Bundle/Application/03075EFA-2B35-4613-BBF0-2E3BD17986E8/OpenEarsSampleApp.app/AcousticModelEnglish.bundle/means
    INFO: ms_gauden.c(292): 1 codebook, 3 feature, size: 
    INFO: ms_gauden.c(294):  512x13
    INFO: ms_gauden.c(198): Reading mixture gaussian parameter: /private/var/mobile/Containers/Bundle/Application/03075EFA-2B35-4613-BBF0-2E3BD17986E8/OpenEarsSampleApp.app/AcousticModelEnglish.bundle/variances
    INFO: ms_gauden.c(292): 1 codebook, 3 feature, size: 
    INFO: ms_gauden.c(354): 0 variance values floored
    INFO: s2_semi_mgau.c(904): Loading senones from dump file /private/var/mobile/Containers/Bundle/Application/03075EFA-2B35-4613-BBF0-2E3BD17986E8/OpenEarsSampleApp.app/AcousticModelEnglish.bundle/sendump
    INFO: s2_semi_mgau.c(928): BEGIN FILE FORMAT DESCRIPTION
    INFO: s2_semi_mgau.c(991): Rows: 512, Columns: 6138
    INFO: s2_semi_mgau.c(1023): Using memory-mapped I/O for senones
    INFO: s2_semi_mgau.c(1294): Maximum top-N: 4 Top-N beams: 0 0 0
    INFO: dict.c(320): Allocating 4128 * 20 bytes (80 KiB) for word entries
    INFO: dict.c(333): Reading main dictionary: /var/mobile/Containers/Data/Application/6A690B2A-2799-46D9-BF15-9037FDC56EF7/Library/Caches/FirstOpenEarsDynamicLanguageModel.dic
    INFO: dict.c(213): Allocated 0 KiB for strings, 0 KiB for phones
    INFO: dict.c(336): 23 words read
    INFO: dict.c(342): Reading filler dictionary: /private/var/mobile/Containers/Bundle/Application/03075EFA-2B35-4613-BBF0-2E3BD17986E8/OpenEarsSampleApp.app/AcousticModelEnglish.bundle/noisedict
    INFO: dict.c(213): Allocated 0 KiB for strings, 0 KiB for phones
    INFO: dict.c(345): 9 words read
    INFO: dict2pid.c(396): Building PID tables for dictionary
    INFO: dict2pid.c(406): Allocating 46^3 * 2 bytes (190 KiB) for word-initial triphones
    INFO: dict2pid.c(132): Allocated 25576 bytes (24 KiB) for word-final triphones
    INFO: dict2pid.c(196): Allocated 25576 bytes (24 KiB) for single-phone word triphones
    INFO: ngram_model_arpa.c(79): No \data\ mark in LM file
    INFO: ngram_model_dmp.c(166): Will use memory-mapped I/O for LM file
    INFO: ngram_model_dmp.c(220): ngrams 1=22, 2=46, 3=32
    INFO: ngram_model_dmp.c(266):       22 = LM.unigrams(+trailer) read
    INFO: ngram_model_dmp.c(312):       46 = LM.bigrams(+trailer) read
    INFO: ngram_model_dmp.c(338):       32 = LM.trigrams read
    INFO: ngram_model_dmp.c(363):        6 = LM.prob2 entries read
    INFO: ngram_model_dmp.c(383):        5 = LM.bo_wt2 entries read
    INFO: ngram_model_dmp.c(403):        3 = LM.prob3 entries read
    INFO: ngram_model_dmp.c(431):        1 = LM.tseg_base entries read
    INFO: ngram_model_dmp.c(487):       22 = ascii word strings read
    INFO: ngram_search_fwdtree.c(99): 16 unique initial diphones
    INFO: ngram_search_fwdtree.c(148): 0 root, 0 non-root channels, 10 single-phone words
    INFO: ngram_search_fwdtree.c(186): Creating search tree
    INFO: ngram_search_fwdtree.c(192): before: 0 root, 0 non-root channels, 10 single-phone words
    INFO: ngram_search_fwdtree.c(326): after: max nonroot chan increased to 177
    INFO: ngram_search_fwdtree.c(339): after: 16 root, 49 non-root channels, 9 single-phone words
    INFO: ngram_search_fwdflat.c(157): fwdflat: min_ef_width = 4, max_sf_win = 25
    2015-01-20 16:12:20.903 OpenEarsSampleApp[5469:2180540] There is no CMN plist so we are using the fresh CMN value 42.000000.
    2015-01-20 16:12:20.904 OpenEarsSampleApp[5469:2180540] Listening.
    2015-01-20 16:12:20.906 OpenEarsSampleApp[5469:2180540] Project has these words or phrases in its dictionary:
    EIGHT
    EIGHTEEN
    ELEVEN
    ELEVEN(2)
    FIFTEEN
    FIVE
    FOUR
    FOURTEEN
    NINE
    NINETEEN
    ONE
    ONE(2)
    SEVEN
    SEVENTEEN
    SIX
    SIXTEEN
    TEN
    THIRTEEN
    THREE
    TWELVE
    TWENTY
    TWENTY(2)
    TWO
    2015-01-20 16:12:20.907 OpenEarsSampleApp[5469:2180540] Recognition loop has started
    2015-01-20 16:12:48.623 OpenEarsSampleApp[5469:2180544] Speech detected...
    2015-01-20 16:12:48.881 OpenEarsSampleApp[5469:2180544] End of speech detected...
    INFO: cmn_prior.c(131): cmn_prior_update: from < 42.00  0.00  0.00  0.00  0.00  0.00  0.00  0.00  0.00  0.00  0.00  0.00  0.00 >
    INFO: cmn_prior.c(149): cmn_prior_update: to   < 64.65  9.76  3.14  5.08 -10.27 13.92 -8.86  0.30 -4.35 -7.43  7.40 -6.46 -4.60 >
    INFO: ngram_search_fwdtree.c(1550):      385 words recognized (10/fr)
    INFO: ngram_search_fwdtree.c(1552):     8544 senones evaluated (219/fr)
    INFO: ngram_search_fwdtree.c(1556):     4700 channels searched (120/fr), 560 1st, 3013 last
    INFO: ngram_search_fwdtree.c(1559):      431 words for which last channels evaluated (11/fr)
    INFO: ngram_search_fwdtree.c(1561):      334 candidate words for entering last phone (8/fr)
    INFO: ngram_search_fwdtree.c(1564): fwdtree 1.45 CPU 3.724 xRT
    INFO: ngram_search_fwdtree.c(1567): fwdtree 27.81 wall 71.296 xRT
    INFO: ngram_search_fwdflat.c(302): Utterance vocabulary contains 6 words
    INFO: ngram_search_fwdflat.c(938):      298 words recognized (8/fr)
    INFO: ngram_search_fwdflat.c(940):     8125 senones evaluated (208/fr)
    INFO: ngram_search_fwdflat.c(942):     5526 channels searched (141/fr)
    INFO: ngram_search_fwdflat.c(944):      453 words searched (11/fr)
    INFO: ngram_search_fwdflat.c(947):      172 word transitions (4/fr)
    INFO: ngram_search_fwdflat.c(950): fwdflat 0.02 CPU 0.043 xRT
    INFO: ngram_search_fwdflat.c(953): fwdflat 0.02 wall 0.056 xRT
    INFO: ngram_search.c(1215): </s> not found in last frame, using TWO.37 instead
    INFO: ngram_search.c(1268): lattice start node <s>.0 end node TWO.2
    INFO: ngram_search.c(1294): Eliminated 54 nodes before end node
    INFO: ngram_search.c(1399): Lattice has 63 nodes, 1 links
    INFO: ps_lattice.c(1368): Normalizer P(O) = alpha(TWO:2:37) = -356386
    INFO: ps_lattice.c(1403): Joint P(O,S) = -356386 P(S|O) = 0
    INFO: ngram_search.c(890): bestpath 0.00 CPU 0.000 xRT
    INFO: ngram_search.c(893): bestpath 0.00 wall 0.001 xRT
    2015-01-20 16:12:48.906 OpenEarsSampleApp[5469:2180544] Pocketsphinx heard "TWO" with a score of (0) and an utterance ID of 0.
    2015-01-20 16:12:48.908 OpenEarsSampleApp[5469:2180532] Flite sending interrupt speech request.
    2015-01-20 16:12:48.910 OpenEarsSampleApp[5469:2180532] I'm running flite
    2015-01-20 16:12:49.110 OpenEarsSampleApp[5469:2180532] I'm done running flite and it took 0.198875 seconds
    2015-01-20 16:12:49.111 OpenEarsSampleApp[5469:2180532] Flite audio player was nil when referenced so attempting to allocate a new audio player.
    2015-01-20 16:12:49.112 OpenEarsSampleApp[5469:2180532] Loading speech data for Flite concluded successfully.
    2015-01-20 16:12:49.146 OpenEarsSampleApp[5469:2180532] Flite sending suspend recognition notification.
    2015-01-20 16:12:50.355 OpenEarsSampleApp[5469:2180532] AVAudioPlayer did finish playing with success flag of 1
    2015-01-20 16:12:50.508 OpenEarsSampleApp[5469:2180532] Flite sending resume recognition notification.
    2015-01-20 16:12:51.016 OpenEarsSampleApp[5469:2180532] Valid setSecondsOfSilence value of 0.200000 will be used.
    INFO: cmn_prior.c(131): cmn_prior_update: from < 64.65  9.76  3.14  5.08 -10.27 13.92 -8.86  0.30 -4.35 -7.43  7.40 -6.46 -4.60 >
    INFO: cmn_prior.c(149): cmn_prior_update: to   < 64.65  9.76  3.14  5.08 -10.27 13.92 -8.86  0.30 -4.35 -7.43  7.40 -6.46 -4.60 >
    INFO: ngram_search_fwdflat.c(302): Utterance vocabulary contains 0 words
    2015-01-20 16:13:05.254 OpenEarsSampleApp[5469:2180540] Speech detected...
    2015-01-20 16:13:05.494 OpenEarsSampleApp[5469:2180540] End of speech detected...
    INFO: cmn_prior.c(131): cmn_prior_update: from < 64.65  9.76  3.14  5.08 -10.27 13.92 -8.86  0.30 -4.35 -7.43  7.40 -6.46 -4.60 >
    INFO: cmn_prior.c(149): cmn_prior_update: to   < 69.03  2.31 -5.25  0.93 -12.55 10.68 -7.56 -3.24 -14.34 -1.36  8.05 -6.54 -1.84 >
    INFO: ngram_search_fwdtree.c(1550):      228 words recognized (8/fr)
    INFO: ngram_search_fwdtree.c(1552):     4294 senones evaluated (148/fr)
    INFO: ngram_search_fwdtree.c(1556):     1923 channels searched (66/fr), 400 1st, 909 last
    INFO: ngram_search_fwdtree.c(1559):      256 words for which last channels evaluated (8/fr)
    INFO: ngram_search_fwdtree.c(1561):      143 candidate words for entering last phone (4/fr)
    INFO: ngram_search_fwdtree.c(1564): fwdtree 0.75 CPU 2.584 xRT
    INFO: ngram_search_fwdtree.c(1567): fwdtree 14.33 wall 49.420 xRT
    INFO: ngram_search_fwdflat.c(302): Utterance vocabulary contains 3 words
    INFO: ngram_search_fwdflat.c(938):      186 words recognized (6/fr)
    INFO: ngram_search_fwdflat.c(940):     3059 senones evaluated (105/fr)
    INFO: ngram_search_fwdflat.c(942):     1589 channels searched (54/fr)
    INFO: ngram_search_fwdflat.c(944):      255 words searched (8/fr)
    INFO: ngram_search_fwdflat.c(947):       82 word transitions (2/fr)
    INFO: ngram_search_fwdflat.c(950): fwdflat 0.01 CPU 0.045 xRT
    INFO: ngram_search_fwdflat.c(953): fwdflat 0.01 wall 0.040 xRT
    INFO: ngram_search.c(1215): </s> not found in last frame, using [COUGH].27 instead
    INFO: ngram_search.c(1268): lattice start node <s>.0 end node [COUGH].2
    INFO: ngram_search.c(1294): Eliminated 62 nodes before end node
    INFO: ngram_search.c(1399): Lattice has 66 nodes, 1 links
    INFO: ps_lattice.c(1368): Normalizer P(O) = alpha([COUGH]:2:27) = -4795305
    INFO: ps_lattice.c(1403): Joint P(O,S) = -4795306 P(S|O) = -1
    INFO: ngram_search.c(890): bestpath 0.00 CPU 0.000 xRT
    2015-01-20 16:13:05.508 OpenEarsSampleApp[5469:2180540] Pocketsphinx heard "" with a score of (-1) and an utterance ID of 1.
    2015-01-20 16:13:05.509 OpenEarsSampleApp[5469:2180540] Hypothesis was null so we aren't returning it. If you want null hypotheses to also be returned, set OEPocketsphinxController's property returnNullHypotheses to TRUE before starting OEPocketsphinxController.
    2015-01-20 16:13:11.532 OpenEarsSampleApp[5469:2180544] Speech detected...
    2015-01-20 16:13:12.026 OpenEarsSampleApp[5469:2180544] End of speech detected...
    INFO: cmn_prior.c(131): cmn_prior_update: from < 69.03  2.31 -5.25  0.93 -12.55 10.68 -7.56 -3.24 -14.34 -1.36  8.05 -6.54 -1.84 >
    INFO: cmn_prior.c(149): cmn_prior_update: to   < 66.26  8.59 -4.91 -2.19 -13.70 11.91 -10.44 -1.99 -5.42  0.23  6.81 -2.35 -2.18 >
    INFO: ngram_search_fwdtree.c(1550):      800 words recognized (12/fr)
    INFO: ngram_search_fwdtree.c(1552):    18873 senones evaluated (282/fr)
    INFO: ngram_search_fwdtree.c(1556):    10567 channels searched (157/fr), 1008 1st, 7260 last
    INFO: ngram_search_fwdtree.c(1559):      878 words for which last channels evaluated (13/fr)
    INFO: ngram_search_fwdtree.c(1561):      594 candidate words for entering last phone (8/fr)
    INFO: ngram_search_fwdtree.c(1564): fwdtree 0.38 CPU 0.571 xRT
    INFO: ngram_search_fwdtree.c(1567): fwdtree 6.52 wall 9.732 xRT
    INFO: ngram_search_fwdflat.c(302): Utterance vocabulary contains 10 words
    INFO: ngram_search_fwdflat.c(938):      642 words recognized (10/fr)
    INFO: ngram_search_fwdflat.c(940):    21996 senones evaluated (328/fr)
    INFO: ngram_search_fwdflat.c(942):    15153 channels searched (226/fr)
    INFO: ngram_search_fwdflat.c(944):     1039 words searched (15/fr)
    INFO: ngram_search_fwdflat.c(947):      426 word transitions (6/fr)
    INFO: ngram_search_fwdflat.c(950): fwdflat 0.03 CPU 0.051 xRT
    INFO: ngram_search_fwdflat.c(953): fwdflat 0.03 wall 0.051 xRT
    INFO: ngram_search.c(1215): </s> not found in last frame, using <sil>.65 instead
    INFO: ngram_search.c(1268): lattice start node <s>.0 end node <sil>.54
    INFO: ngram_search.c(1294): Eliminated 13 nodes before end node
    INFO: ngram_search.c(1399): Lattice has 115 nodes, 683 links
    INFO: ps_lattice.c(1368): Normalizer P(O) = alpha(<sil>:54:65) = -486219
    INFO: ps_lattice.c(1403): Joint P(O,S) = -486443 P(S|O) = -224
    INFO: ngram_search.c(890): bestpath 0.00 CPU 0.004 xRT
    INFO: ngram_search.c(893): bestpath 0.00 wall 0.006 xRT
    2015-01-20 16:13:12.069 OpenEarsSampleApp[5469:2180544] Pocketsphinx heard "FOUR" with a score of (-224) and an utterance ID of 2.
    2015-01-20 16:13:12.070 OpenEarsSampleApp[5469:2180532] Flite sending interrupt speech request.
    2015-01-20 16:13:12.073 OpenEarsSampleApp[5469:2180532] I'm running flite
    2015-01-20 16:13:12.264 OpenEarsSampleApp[5469:2180532] I'm done running flite and it took 0.190912 seconds
    2015-01-20 16:13:12.265 OpenEarsSampleApp[5469:2180532] Flite audio player was nil when referenced so attempting to allocate a new audio player.
    2015-01-20 16:13:12.266 OpenEarsSampleApp[5469:2180532] Loading speech data for Flite concluded successfully.
    2015-01-20 16:13:12.367 OpenEarsSampleApp[5469:2180532] Flite sending suspend recognition notification.
    2015-01-20 16:13:13.575 OpenEarsSampleApp[5469:2180532] AVAudioPlayer did finish playing with success flag of 1
    2015-01-20 16:13:13.727 OpenEarsSampleApp[5469:2180532] Flite sending resume recognition notification.
    2015-01-20 16:13:14.235 OpenEarsSampleApp[5469:2180532] Valid setSecondsOfSilence value of 0.200000 will be used.
    INFO: cmn_prior.c(131): cmn_prior_update: from < 66.26  8.59 -4.91 -2.19 -13.70 11.91 -10.44 -1.99 -5.42  0.23  6.81 -2.35 -2.18 >
    INFO: cmn_prior.c(149): cmn_prior_update: to   < 66.26  8.59 -4.91 -2.19 -13.70 11.91 -10.44 -1.99 -5.42  0.23  6.81 -2.35 -2.18 >
    2015-01-20 16:13:25.601 OpenEarsSampleApp[5469:2180544] Speech detected...
    2015-01-20 16:13:26.249 OpenEarsSampleApp[5469:2180544] End of speech detected...
    INFO: cmn_prior.c(131): cmn_prior_update: from < 66.26  8.59 -4.91 -2.19 -13.70 11.91 -10.44 -1.99 -5.42  0.23  6.81 -2.35 -2.18 >
    INFO: cmn_prior.c(149): cmn_prior_update: to   < 64.91  9.58 -3.64 -3.85 -14.94 12.37 -11.15 -0.83 -3.95  1.28  5.64 -0.12 -2.27 >
    INFO: ngram_search_fwdtree.c(1550):      728 words recognized (11/fr)
    INFO: ngram_search_fwdtree.c(1552):    16222 senones evaluated (239/fr)
    INFO: ngram_search_fwdtree.c(1556):     8497 channels searched (124/fr), 1024 1st, 5287 last
    INFO: ngram_search_fwdtree.c(1559):      812 words for which last channels evaluated (11/fr)
    INFO: ngram_search_fwdtree.c(1561):      533 candidate words for entering last phone (7/fr)
    INFO: ngram_search_fwdtree.c(1564): fwdtree 0.65 CPU 0.954 xRT
    INFO: ngram_search_fwdtree.c(1567): fwdtree 11.91 wall 17.514 xRT
    INFO: ngram_search_fwdflat.c(302): Utterance vocabulary contains 8 words
    INFO: ngram_search_fwdflat.c(938):      544 words recognized (8/fr)
    INFO: ngram_search_fwdflat.c(940):    17484 senones evaluated (257/fr)
    INFO: ngram_search_fwdflat.c(942):    11455 channels searched (168/fr)
    INFO: ngram_search_fwdflat.c(944):      933 words searched (13/fr)
    INFO: ngram_search_fwdflat.c(947):      315 word transitions (4/fr)
    INFO: ngram_search_fwdflat.c(950): fwdflat 0.03 CPU 0.045 xRT
    INFO: ngram_search_fwdflat.c(953): fwdflat 0.03 wall 0.047 xRT
    INFO: ngram_search.c(1215): </s> not found in last frame, using <sil>.66 instead
    INFO: ngram_search.c(1268): lattice start node <s>.0 end node <sil>.21
    INFO: ngram_search.c(1294): Eliminated 103 nodes before end node
    INFO: ngram_search.c(1399): Lattice has 152 nodes, 171 links
    INFO: ps_lattice.c(1368): Normalizer P(O) = alpha(<sil>:21:66) = -589713
    INFO: ps_lattice.c(1403): Joint P(O,S) = -589713 P(S|O) = 0
    INFO: ngram_search.c(890): bestpath 0.01 CPU 0.008 xRT
    2015-01-20 16:13:26.284 OpenEarsSampleApp[5469:2180544] Pocketsphinx heard "ONE" with a score of (0) and an utterance ID of 3.
    2015-01-20 16:13:26.285 OpenEarsSampleApp[5469:2180532] Flite sending interrupt speech request.
    2015-01-20 16:13:26.287 OpenEarsSampleApp[5469:2180532] I'm running flite
    2015-01-20 16:13:26.488 OpenEarsSampleApp[5469:2180532] I'm done running flite and it took 0.199754 seconds
    2015-01-20 16:13:26.489 OpenEarsSampleApp[5469:2180532] Flite audio player was nil when referenced so attempting to allocate a new audio player.
    2015-01-20 16:13:26.489 OpenEarsSampleApp[5469:2180532] Loading speech data for Flite concluded successfully.
    2015-01-20 16:13:26.579 OpenEarsSampleApp[5469:2180532] Flite sending suspend recognition notification.
    2015-01-20 16:13:27.786 OpenEarsSampleApp[5469:2180532] AVAudioPlayer did finish playing with success flag of 1
    2015-01-20 16:13:27.938 OpenEarsSampleApp[5469:2180532] Flite sending resume recognition notification.
    2015-01-20 16:13:28.446 OpenEarsSampleApp[5469:2180532] Valid setSecondsOfSilence value of 0.200000 will be used.
    INFO: cmn_prior.c(131): cmn_prior_update: from < 64.91  9.58 -3.64 -3.85 -14.94 12.37 -11.15 -0.83 -3.95  1.28  5.64 -0.12 -2.27 >
    INFO: cmn_prior.c(149): cmn_prior_update: to   < 64.91  9.58 -3.64 -3.85 -14.94 12.37 -11.15 -0.83 -3.95  1.28  5.64 -0.12 -2.27 >

and this is a viewController.m code

#import "ViewController.h"
    #import <OpenEars/OEPocketsphinxController.h>
    #import <OpenEars/OEFliteController.h>
    #import <OpenEars/OELanguageModelGenerator.h>
    #import <OpenEars/OELogging.h>
    #import <OpenEars/OEAcousticModel.h>
    #import <Slt/Slt.h>

@interface ViewController()

// UI actions, not specifically related to OpenEars other than the fact that they invoke OpenEars methods.
    - (IBAction) stopButtonAction;
    - (IBAction) startButtonAction;
    - (IBAction) suspendListeningButtonAction;
    - (IBAction) resumeListeningButtonAction;

// Example for reading out the input audio levels without locking the UI using an NSTimer

- (void) startDisplayingLevels;
    - (void) stopDisplayingLevels;

// These three are the important OpenEars objects that this class demonstrates the use of.
    @property (nonatomic, strong) Slt *slt;

@property (nonatomic, strong) OEEventsObserver *openEarsEventsObserver;
    @property (nonatomic, strong) OEPocketsphinxController *pocketsphinxController;
    @property (nonatomic, strong) OEFliteController *fliteController;

// Some UI, not specifically related to OpenEars.
    @property (nonatomic, strong) IBOutlet UIButton *stopButton;
    @property (nonatomic, strong) IBOutlet UIButton *startButton;
    @property (nonatomic, strong) IBOutlet UIButton *suspendListeningButton;	
    @property (nonatomic, strong) IBOutlet UIButton *resumeListeningButton;	
    @property (nonatomic, strong) IBOutlet UITextView *statusTextView;
    @property (nonatomic, strong) IBOutlet UITextView *heardTextView;
    @property (nonatomic, strong) IBOutlet UILabel *pocketsphinxDbLabel;
    @property (nonatomic, strong) IBOutlet UILabel *fliteDbLabel;
    @property (nonatomic, assign) BOOL usingStartingLanguageModel;
    @property (nonatomic, assign) int restartAttemptsDueToPermissionRequests;
    @property (nonatomic, assign) BOOL startupFailedDueToLackOfPermissions;

// Things which help us show off the dynamic language features.
    @property (nonatomic, copy) NSString *pathToFirstDynamicallyGeneratedLanguageModel;
    @property (nonatomic, copy) NSString *pathToFirstDynamicallyGeneratedDictionary;
    @property (nonatomic, copy) NSString *pathToSecondDynamicallyGeneratedLanguageModel;
    @property (nonatomic, copy) NSString *pathToSecondDynamicallyGeneratedDictionary;

// Our NSTimer that will help us read and display the input and output levels without locking the UI
    @property (nonatomic, strong) 	NSTimer *uiUpdateTimer;

@end

@implementation ViewController

#define kLevelUpdatesPerSecond 18 // We'll have the ui update 18 times a second to show some fluidity without hitting the CPU too hard.

//#define kGetNbest // Uncomment this if you want to try out nbest
    #pragma mark - 
    #pragma mark Memory Management

- (void)dealloc {
        [self stopDisplayingLevels];
    }

#pragma mark - int to word converter

-(NSString *)GetWordOfInteger:(int)anInt
    {
        ////NSLog(@"Answer: %@", wordNumber);
        return wordNumber;
    }

#pragma mark View Lifecycle

- (void)viewDidLoad {
        [super viewDidLoad];
        self.fliteController = [[OEFliteController alloc] init];
        self.openEarsEventsObserver = [[OEEventsObserver alloc] init];
        self.openEarsEventsObserver.delegate = self;
        self.slt = [[Slt alloc] init];

self.restartAttemptsDueToPermissionRequests = 0;

[OELogging startOpenEarsLogging]; // Uncomment me for OELogging, which is verbose logging about internal OpenEars operations such as audio settings. If you have issues, show this logging in the forums.
        [OEPocketsphinxController sharedInstance].verbosePocketSphinx = TRUE; // Uncomment this for much more verbose speech recognition engine output. If you have issues, show this logging in the forums.
        [[OEPocketsphinxController sharedInstance] setSecondsOfSilenceToDetect:0.2];
        [[OEPocketsphinxController sharedInstance] setVadThreshold:3.0];

[self.openEarsEventsObserver setDelegate:self]; // Make this class the delegate of OpenEarsObserver so we can get all of the messages about what OpenEars is doing.

[[OEPocketsphinxController sharedInstance] setActive:TRUE error:nil]; // Call this before setting any OEPocketsphinxController characteristics

// This is the language model we're going to start up with. The only reason I'm making it a class property is that I reuse it a bunch of times in this example, 
        // but you can pass the string contents directly to OEPocketsphinxController:startListeningWithLanguageModelAtPath:dictionaryAtPath:languageModelIsJSGF:

for(int i=1;i<=26;i++)
        {
            [numberArray addObject:[self GetWordOfInteger:i]];
        }

/* NSArray *firstLanguageArray = @[@"BACKWARD",
                                        @"CHANGE",
                                        @"FORWARD",
                                        @"GO",
                                        @"LEFT",
                                        @"MODEL",
                                        @"RIGHT",
                                        @"TURN"];*/

OELanguageModelGenerator *languageModelGenerator = [[OELanguageModelGenerator alloc] init]; 

// languageModelGenerator.verboseLanguageModelGenerator = TRUE; // Uncomment me for verbose language model generator debug output.

NSError *error = [languageModelGenerator generateLanguageModelFromArray:firstLanguageArray withFilesNamed:@"FirstOpenEarsDynamicLanguageModel" forAcousticModelAtPath:[OEAcousticModel pathToModel:@"AcousticModelEnglish"]]; // Change "AcousticModelEnglish" to "AcousticModelSpanish" in order to create a language model for Spanish recognition instead of English.

if(error) {
            //NSLog(@"Dynamic language generator reported error %@", [error description]);	
        } else {
            self.pathToFirstDynamicallyGeneratedLanguageModel = [languageModelGenerator pathToSuccessfullyGeneratedLanguageModelWithRequestedName:@"FirstOpenEarsDynamicLanguageModel"];
            self.pathToFirstDynamicallyGeneratedDictionary = [languageModelGenerator pathToSuccessfullyGeneratedDictionaryWithRequestedName:@"FirstOpenEarsDynamicLanguageModel"];

}

self.usingStartingLanguageModel = TRUE; // This is not an OpenEars thing, this is just so I can switch back and forth between the two models in this sample app.

// Here is an example of dynamically creating an in-app grammar.

// We want it to be able to response to the speech "CHANGE MODEL" and a few other things.  Items we want to have recognized as a whole phrase (like "CHANGE MODEL") 
        // we put into the array as one string (e.g. "CHANGE MODEL" instead of "CHANGE" and "MODEL"). This increases the probability that they will be recognized as a phrase. This works even better starting with version 1.0 of OpenEars.

NSArray *secondLanguageArray = @[@"SUNDAY",
                                         @"MONDAY",
                                         @"TUESDAY",
                                         @"WEDNESDAY",
                                         @"THURSDAY",
                                         @"FRIDAY",
                                         @"SATURDAY",
                                         @"QUIDNUNC",
                                         @"CHANGE MODEL"];

// The last entry, quidnunc, is an example of a word which will not be found in the lookup dictionary and will be passed to the fallback method. The fallback method is slower,
        // so, for instance, creating a new language model from dictionary words will be pretty fast, but a model that has a lot of unusual names in it or invented/rare/recent-slang
        // words will be slower to generate. You can use this information to give your users good UI feedback about what the expectations for wait times should be.

// I don't think it's beneficial to lazily instantiate OELanguageModelGenerator because you only need to give it a single message and then release it.
        // If you need to create a very large model or any size of model that has many unusual words that have to make use of the fallback generation method,
        // you will want to run this on a background thread so you can give the user some UI feedback that the task is in progress.

// generateLanguageModelFromArray:withFilesNamed returns an NSError which will either have a value of noErr if everything went fine or a specific error if it didn't.
        error = [languageModelGenerator generateLanguageModelFromArray:secondLanguageArray withFilesNamed:@"SecondOpenEarsDynamicLanguageModel" forAcousticModelAtPath:[OEAcousticModel pathToModel:@"AcousticModelEnglish"]]; // Change "AcousticModelEnglish" to "AcousticModelSpanish" in order to create a language model for Spanish recognition instead of English.

//    NSError *error = [languageModelGenerator generateLanguageModelFromTextFile:[NSString stringWithFormat:@"%@/%@",[[NSBundle mainBundle] resourcePath], @"OpenEarsCorpus.txt"] withFilesNamed:@"SecondOpenEarsDynamicLanguageModel" forAcousticModelAtPath:[OEAcousticModel pathToModel:@"AcousticModelEnglish"]]; // Try this out to see how generating a language model from a corpus works.

if(error) {
            //NSLog(@"Dynamic language generator reported error %@", [error description]);	
        }	else {

self.pathToSecondDynamicallyGeneratedLanguageModel = [languageModelGenerator pathToSuccessfullyGeneratedLanguageModelWithRequestedName:@"SecondOpenEarsDynamicLanguageModel"]; // We'll set our new .languagemodel file to be the one to get switched to when the words "CHANGE MODEL" are recognized.
            self.pathToSecondDynamicallyGeneratedDictionary = [languageModelGenerator pathToSuccessfullyGeneratedDictionaryWithRequestedName:@"SecondOpenEarsDynamicLanguageModel"];; // We'll set our new dictionary to be the one to get switched to when the words "CHANGE MODEL" are recognized.

// Next, an informative message.

////NSLog(@"\n\nWelcome to the OpenEars sample project. This project understands the words:\nBACKWARD,\nCHANGE,\nFORWARD,\nGO,\nLEFT,\nMODEL,\nRIGHT,\nTURN,\nand if you say \"CHANGE MODEL\" it will switch to its dynamically-generated model which understands the words:\nCHANGE,\nMODEL,\nMONDAY,\nTUESDAY,\nWEDNESDAY,\nTHURSDAY,\nFRIDAY,\nSATURDAY,\nSUNDAY,\nQUIDNUNC");

// This is how to start the continuous listening loop of an available instance of OEPocketsphinxController. We won't do this if the language generation failed since it will be listening for a command to change over to the generated language.

[[OEPocketsphinxController sharedInstance] setActive:TRUE error:nil]; // Call this once before setting properties of the OEPocketsphinxController instance.

//   [OEPocketsphinxController sharedInstance].pathToTestFile = [[NSBundle mainBundle] pathForResource:@"change_model_short" ofType:@"wav"];  // This is how you could use a test WAV (mono/16-bit/16k) rather than live recognition

}
            // [self startDisplayingLevels] is not an OpenEars method, just a very simple approach for level reading
            // method of fliteController. 
            //

[self startDisplayingLevels];

// Here is some UI stuff that has nothing specifically to do with OpenEars implementation
        }

}

#pragma mark -
    #pragma mark OEEventsObserver delegate methods

// What follows are all of the delegate methods you can optionally use once you've instantiated an OEEventsObserver and set its delegate to self. 
    // I've provided some pretty granular information about the exact phase of the Pocketsphinx listening loop, the Audio Session, and Flite, but I'd expect 
    // that the ones that will really be needed by most projects are the following:
    //
    //- (void) pocketsphinxDidReceiveHypothesis:(NSString *)hypothesis recognitionScore:(NSString *)recognitionScore utteranceID:(NSString *)utteranceID;
    //- (void) audioSessionInterruptionDidBegin;
    //- (void) audioSessionInterruptionDidEnd;
    //- (void) audioRouteDidChangeToRoute:(NSString *)newRoute;
    //- (void) pocketsphinxDidStartListening;
    //- (void) pocketsphinxDidStopListening;
    //
    // It isn't necessary to have a OEPocketsphinxController or a OEFliteController instantiated in order to use these methods.  If there isn't anything instantiated that will
    // send messages to an OEEventsObserver, all that will happen is that these methods will never fire.  You also do not have to create a OEEventsObserver in
    // the same class or view controller in which you are doing things with a OEPocketsphinxController or OEFliteController; you can receive updates from those objects in
    // any class in which you instantiate an OEEventsObserver and set its delegate to self.

// This is an optional delegate method of OEEventsObserver which delivers the text of speech that Pocketsphinx heard and analyzed, along with its accuracy score and utterance ID.
    - (void) pocketsphinxDidReceiveHypothesis:(NSString *)hypothesis recognitionScore:(NSString *)recognitionScore utteranceID:(NSString *)utteranceID {

//NSLog(@"Local callback: The received hypothesis is %@ with a score of %@ and an ID of %@", hypothesis, recognitionScore, utteranceID); // Log it.
        if([hypothesis isEqualToString:@"CHANGE MODEL"]) { // If the user says "CHANGE MODEL", we will switch to the alternate model (which happens to be the dynamically generated model).

// Here is an example of language model switching in OpenEars. Deciding on what logical basis to switch models is your responsibility.
            // For instance, when you call a customer service line and get a response tree that takes you through different options depending on what you say to it,
            // the models are being switched as you progress through it so that only relevant choices can be understood. The construction of that logical branching and 
            // how to react to it is your job, OpenEars just lets you send the signal to switch the language model when you've decided it's the right time to do so.

if(self.usingStartingLanguageModel) { // If we're on the starting model, switch to the dynamically generated one.

// You can only change language models with ARPA grammars in OpenEars (the ones that end in .languagemodel or .DMP). 
                // Trying to switch between JSGF models (the ones that end in .gram) will return no result.
                [[OEPocketsphinxController sharedInstance] changeLanguageModelToFile:self.pathToSecondDynamicallyGeneratedLanguageModel withDictionary:self.pathToSecondDynamicallyGeneratedDictionary]; 
                self.usingStartingLanguageModel = FALSE;
            } else { // If we're on the dynamically generated model, switch to the start model (this is just an example of a trigger and method for switching models).
                [[OEPocketsphinxController sharedInstance] changeLanguageModelToFile:self.pathToFirstDynamicallyGeneratedLanguageModel withDictionary:self.pathToFirstDynamicallyGeneratedDictionary];
                self.usingStartingLanguageModel = TRUE;
            }
        }

self.heardTextView.text = [NSString stringWithFormat:@"Heard: \"%@\"", hypothesis]; // Show it in the status box.

// This is how to use an available instance of OEFliteController. We're going to repeat back the command that we heard with the voice we've chosen.
        [self.fliteController say:[NSString stringWithFormat:@"You said %@",hypothesis] withVoice:self.slt];
    }

#ifdef kGetNbest   
    - (void) pocketsphinxDidReceiveNBestHypothesisArray:(NSArray *)hypothesisArray { // Pocketsphinx has an n-best hypothesis dictionary.
        //NSLog(@"Local callback:  hypothesisArray is %@",hypothesisArray);   
    }
    #endif
    // An optional delegate method of OEEventsObserver which informs that there was an interruption to the audio session (e.g. an incoming phone call).
    - (void) audioSessionInterruptionDidBegin {
        //NSLog(@"Local callback:  AudioSession interruption began."); // Log it.
        self.statusTextView.text = @"Status: AudioSession interruption began."; // Show it in the status box.
        NSError *error = nil;
        if([OEPocketsphinxController sharedInstance].isListening) {
            error = [[OEPocketsphinxController sharedInstance] stopListening]; // React to it by telling Pocketsphinx to stop listening (if it is listening) since it will need to restart its loop after an interruption.
            if(error) {
                //NSLog(@"Error while stopping listening in audioSessionInterruptionDidBegin: %@", error);
            }
        }
    }

// An optional delegate method of OEEventsObserver which informs that the interruption to the audio session ended.
    - (void) audioSessionInterruptionDidEnd {

//NSLog(@"Local callback:  AudioSession interruption ended."); // Log it.
        self.statusTextView.text = @"Status: AudioSession interruption ended."; // Show it in the status box.
        // We're restarting the previously-stopped listening loop.
        if(![OEPocketsphinxController sharedInstance].isListening){
            [[OEPocketsphinxController sharedInstance] startListeningWithLanguageModelAtPath:self.pathToFirstDynamicallyGeneratedLanguageModel dictionaryAtPath:self.pathToFirstDynamicallyGeneratedDictionary acousticModelAtPath:[OEAcousticModel pathToModel:@"AcousticModelEnglish"] languageModelIsJSGF:FALSE]; // Start speech recognition if we aren't currently listening.    
        }
    }

// An optional delegate method of OEEventsObserver which informs that the audio input became unavailable.
    - (void) audioInputDidBecomeUnavailable {
        //NSLog(@"Local callback:  The audio input has become unavailable"); // Log it.
        self.statusTextView.text = @"Status: The audio input has become unavailable"; // Show it in the status box.
        NSError *error = nil;
            error = [[OEPocketsphinxController sharedInstance] stopListening]; // React to it by telling Pocketsphinx to stop listening since there is no available input (but only if we are listening).
            if(error) {
                //NSLog(@"Error while stopping listening in audioInputDidBecomeUnavailable: %@", error);
            }
        }
    }

// An optional delegate method of OEEventsObserver which informs that the unavailable audio input became available again.
    - (void) audioInputDidBecomeAvailable {
        //NSLog(@"Local callback: The audio input is available"); // Log it.
        self.statusTextView.text = @"Status: The audio input is available"; // Show it in the status box.
            [[OEPocketsphinxController sharedInstance] startListeningWithLanguageModelAtPath:self.pathToFirstDynamicallyGeneratedLanguageModel dictionaryAtPath:self.pathToFirstDynamicallyGeneratedDictionary acousticModelAtPath:[OEAcousticModel pathToModel:@"AcousticModelEnglish"] languageModelIsJSGF:FALSE]; // Start speech recognition, but only if we aren't already listening.
        }
    }
    // An optional delegate method of OEEventsObserver which informs that there was a change to the audio route (e.g. headphones were plugged in or unplugged).
    - (void) audioRouteDidChangeToRoute:(NSString *)newRoute {
        //NSLog(@"Local callback: Audio route change. The new audio route is %@", newRoute); // Log it.
        self.statusTextView.text = [NSString stringWithFormat:@"Status: Audio route change. The new audio route is %@",newRoute]; // Show it in the status box.

NSError *error = [[OEPocketsphinxController sharedInstance] stopListening]; // React to it by telling the Pocketsphinx loop to shut down and then start listening again on the new route

if(error){
            //NSLog(@"Local callback: error while stopping listening in audioRouteDidChangeToRoute: %@",error);
        }

}
    }

// An optional delegate method of OEEventsObserver which informs that the Pocketsphinx recognition loop has entered its actual loop.
    // This might be useful in debugging a conflict between another sound class and Pocketsphinx.
    - (void) pocketsphinxRecognitionLoopDidStart {

//NSLog(@"Local callback: Pocketsphinx started."); // Log it.
        self.statusTextView.text = @"Status: Pocketsphinx started."; // Show it in the status box.
    }

// An optional delegate method of OEEventsObserver which informs that Pocketsphinx is now listening for speech.
    - (void) pocketsphinxDidStartListening {

//NSLog(@"Local callback: Pocketsphinx is now listening."); // Log it.
        self.statusTextView.text = @"Status: Pocketsphinx is now listening."; // Show it in the status box.

self.startButton.hidden = TRUE; // React to it with some UI changes.
    }

// An optional delegate method of OEEventsObserver which informs that Pocketsphinx detected speech and is starting to process it.
    - (void) pocketsphinxDidDetectSpeech {
        //NSLog(@"Local callback: Pocketsphinx has detected speech."); // Log it.
        self.statusTextView.text = @"Status: Pocketsphinx has detected speech."; // Show it in the status box.
    }

// An optional delegate method of OEEventsObserver which informs that Pocketsphinx detected a second of silence, indicating the end of an utterance. 
    // This was added because developers requested being able to time the recognition speed without the speech time. The processing time is the time between 
    // this method being called and the hypothesis being returned.
    - (void) pocketsphinxDidDetectFinishedSpeech {
        //NSLog(@"Local callback: Pocketsphinx has detected a second of silence, concluding an utterance."); // Log it.
        self.statusTextView.text = @"Status: Pocketsphinx has detected finished speech."; // Show it in the status box.
    }

// An optional delegate method of OEEventsObserver which informs that Pocketsphinx has exited its recognition loop, most 
    // likely in response to the OEPocketsphinxController being told to stop listening via the stopListening method.
    - (void) pocketsphinxDidStopListening {
        //NSLog(@"Local callback: Pocketsphinx has stopped listening."); // Log it.
        self.statusTextView.text = @"Status: Pocketsphinx has stopped listening."; // Show it in the status box.
    }

// An optional delegate method of OEEventsObserver which informs that Pocketsphinx is still in its listening loop but it is not
    // Going to react to speech until listening is resumed.  This can happen as a result of Flite speech being
    // in progress on an audio route that doesn't support simultaneous Flite speech and Pocketsphinx recognition,
    // or as a result of the OEPocketsphinxController being told to suspend recognition via the suspendRecognition method.
    - (void) pocketsphinxDidSuspendRecognition {
        //NSLog(@"Local callback: Pocketsphinx has suspended recognition."); // Log it.
        self.statusTextView.text = @"Status: Pocketsphinx has suspended recognition."; // Show it in the status box.
    }

// An optional delegate method of OEEventsObserver which informs that Pocketsphinx is still in its listening loop and after recognition
    // having been suspended it is now resuming.  This can happen as a result of Flite speech completing
    // on an audio route that doesn't support simultaneous Flite speech and Pocketsphinx recognition,
    // or as a result of the OEPocketsphinxController being told to resume recognition via the resumeRecognition method.
    - (void) pocketsphinxDidResumeRecognition {
        //NSLog(@"Local callback: Pocketsphinx has resumed recognition."); // Log it.
        self.statusTextView.text = @"Status: Pocketsphinx has resumed recognition."; // Show it in the status box.
    }

// An optional delegate method which informs that Pocketsphinx switched over to a new language model at the given URL in the course of
    // recognition. This does not imply that it is a valid file or that recognition will be successful using the file.
    - (void) pocketsphinxDidChangeLanguageModelToFile:(NSString *)newLanguageModelPathAsString andDictionary:(NSString *)newDictionaryPathAsString {
        //NSLog(@"Local callback: Pocketsphinx is now using the following language model: \n%@ and the following dictionary: %@",newLanguageModelPathAsString,newDictionaryPathAsString);
    }

// An optional delegate method of OEEventsObserver which informs that Flite is speaking, most likely to be useful if debugging a
    // complex interaction between sound classes. You don't have to do anything yourself in order to prevent Pocketsphinx from listening to Flite talk and trying to recognize the speech.
    - (void) fliteDidStartSpeaking {
        //NSLog(@"Local callback: Flite has started speaking"); // Log it.
        self.statusTextView.text = @"Status: Flite has started speaking."; // Show it in the status box.
    }

// An optional delegate method of OEEventsObserver which informs that Flite is finished speaking, most likely to be useful if debugging a
    // complex interaction between sound classes.
    - (void) fliteDidFinishSpeaking {
        //NSLog(@"Local callback: Flite has finished speaking"); // Log it.
        self.statusTextView.text = @"Status: Flite has finished speaking."; // Show it in the status box.
    }

- (void) pocketSphinxContinuousSetupDidFailWithReason:(NSString *)reasonForFailure { // This can let you know that something went wrong with the recognition loop startup. Turn on [OELogging startOpenEarsLogging] to learn why.
        //NSLog(@"Local callback: Setting up the continuous recognition loop has failed for the reason %@, please turn on [OELogging startOpenEarsLogging] to learn more.", reasonForFailure); // Log it.
        self.statusTextView.text = @"Status: Not possible to start recognition loop."; // Show it in the status box.	
    }

- (void) pocketSphinxContinuousTeardownDidFailWithReason:(NSString *)reasonForFailure { // This can let you know that something went wrong with the recognition loop startup. Turn on [OELogging startOpenEarsLogging] to learn why.
        //NSLog(@"Local callback: Tearing down the continuous recognition loop has failed for the reason %@, please turn on [OELogging startOpenEarsLogging] to learn more.", reasonForFailure); // Log it.
        self.statusTextView.text = @"Status: Not possible to cleanly end recognition loop."; // Show it in the status box.	
    }

- (void) testRecognitionCompleted { // A test file which was submitted for direct recognition via the audio driver is done.
        //NSLog(@"Local callback: A test file which was submitted for direct recognition via the audio driver is done."); // Log it.
        NSError *error = nil;
        if([OEPocketsphinxController sharedInstance].isListening) { // If we're listening, stop listening.
            if(error)
            {
                //NSLog(@"Error while stopping listening in testRecognitionCompleted: %@", error);
            }
        }

}
    /** Pocketsphinx couldn't start because it has no mic permissions (will only be returned on iOS7 or later).*/
    - (void) pocketsphinxFailedNoMicPermissions {
        //NSLog(@"Local callback: The user has never set mic permissions or denied permission to this app's mic, so listening will not start.");
        self.startupFailedDueToLackOfPermissions = TRUE;
    }

/** The user prompt to get mic permissions, or a check of the mic permissions, has completed with a TRUE or a FALSE result  (will only be returned on iOS7 or later).*/
    - (void) micPermissionCheckCompleted:(BOOL)result {
        if(result) {
            self.restartAttemptsDueToPermissionRequests++;
            if(self.restartAttemptsDueToPermissionRequests == 1 && self.startupFailedDueToLackOfPermissions) { // If we get here because there was an attempt to start which failed due to lack of permissions, and now permissions have been requested and they returned true, we restart exactly once with the new permissions.
                NSError *error = nil;
                    error = [[OEPocketsphinxController sharedInstance] stopListening]; // Stop listening if we are listening.
                    if(error) {
                        //NSLog(@"Error while stopping listening in micPermissionCheckCompleted: %@", error);
                    }
                }
                if(!error && ![OEPocketsphinxController sharedInstance].isListening) { // If there was no error and we aren't listening, start listening.
                    [[OEPocketsphinxController sharedInstance] startListeningWithLanguageModelAtPath:self.pathToFirstDynamicallyGeneratedLanguageModel dictionaryAtPath:self.pathToFirstDynamicallyGeneratedDictionary acousticModelAtPath:[OEAcousticModel pathToModel:@"AcousticModelEnglish"] languageModelIsJSGF:FALSE]; // Start speech recognition.
                }
            }
        }
    }

#pragma mark -
    #pragma mark UI

// This is not OpenEars-specific stuff, just some UI behavior

- (IBAction) suspendListeningButtonAction { // This is the action for the button which suspends listening without ending the recognition loop
        [[OEPocketsphinxController sharedInstance] suspendRecognition];	

self.resumeListeningButton.hidden = FALSE;
    }

- (IBAction) resumeListeningButtonAction { // This is the action for the button which resumes listening if it has been suspended
        [[OEPocketsphinxController sharedInstance] resumeRecognition];

}

- (IBAction) stopButtonAction { // This is the action for the button which shuts down the recognition loop.
        NSError *error = nil;
        if([OEPocketsphinxController sharedInstance].isListening) { // Stop if we are currently listening.
            if(error){
                //NSLog(@"Error stopping listening in stopButtonAction: %@", error);
            }
        }
        self.startButton.hidden = FALSE;
    }

- (IBAction) startButtonAction { // This is the action for the button which starts up the recognition loop again if it has been shut down.
        }
    }

#pragma mark -
    #pragma mark Example for reading out Pocketsphinx and Flite audio levels without locking the UI by using an NSTimer

// What follows are not OpenEars methods, just an approach for level reading
    // method of OEFliteController. 
    //
    // 
    // Please note that if you use my sample approach, you should pay attention to the way that the timer is always stopped in
    // dealloc. This should prevent you from having any difficulties with deallocating a class due to a running NSTimer process.

- (void) startDisplayingLevels { // Start displaying the levels using a timer
        [self stopDisplayingLevels]; // We never want more than one timer valid so we'll stop any running timers first.
        self.uiUpdateTimer = [NSTimer scheduledTimerWithTimeInterval:1.0/kLevelUpdatesPerSecond target:self selector:@selector(updateLevelsUI) userInfo:nil repeats:YES];
    }

- (void) stopDisplayingLevels { // Stop displaying the levels by stopping the timer if it's running.
        if(self.uiUpdateTimer && [self.uiUpdateTimer isValid]) { // If there is a running timer, we'll stop it here.
            [self.uiUpdateTimer invalidate];
            self.uiUpdateTimer = nil;
        }
    }

- (void) updateLevelsUI { // And here is how we obtain the levels.  This method includes the actual OpenEars methods and uses their results to update the UI of this view controller.

self.pocketsphinxDbLabel.text = [NSString stringWithFormat:@"Pocketsphinx Input level:%f",[[OEPocketsphinxController sharedInstance] pocketsphinxInputLevel]];  //pocketsphinxInputLevel is an OpenEars method of the class OEPocketsphinxController.

if(self.fliteController.speechInProgress) {
            self.fliteDbLabel.text = [NSString stringWithFormat:@"Flite Output level: %f",[self.fliteController fliteOutputLevel]]; // fliteOutputLevel is an OpenEars method of the class OEFliteController.
        }
    }

@end

Halle Winkler
    Politepix

OK, the issue is that you need to set vadThreshold before a call to startListening, not afterwards.

maheshvaghela
    Participant

It is immediate after uncommented two lines you can see. Before importing words array. And yes have written set vadThreshold after startListening but in first time. when you told me to uncomment that two lines then I have written set vadThreshold immediate after it. Then I fill Array. Then startListening is called.

Halle Winkler
    Politepix

Sorry, that was from your first copy-paste, not your second.

A couple of things here:

1. your array ends up with entries such as “TWENTY ONE” which is actually just re-adding the words “TWENTY” and “ONE” to your array with a slightly higher probability of appearing together. This isn’t what you want here; you want to add “TWENTYONE” if that is really the result you want. You should consider creating this as a grammar instead of a language model:

https://www.politepix.com/2014/04/10/openears-1-7-introducing-dynamic-grammar-generation/

2. Please search for the keyword “numbers” on these forums to read more about problems in speech recognition with performing speech recognition on lists of numbers.

3. secondsOfSilenceToDetect is much too short and it will cause much more recognition of intermittent noise. .5 is an acceptable small value.

4. If your environment is noisy enough to regularly cause recognition from non-speech noise, raise the vadThreshold higher than 3.0.

Realistically, sometimes speech or noise near the device will cause recognition to occur and with a small vocabulary this will result in your vocabulary words being recognized. Check out Rejecto to reject out-of-vocabulary utterances.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.