OpenEars listening + AirPlay playing music on background

Home Forums OpenEars OpenEars listening + AirPlay playing music on background

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Author
    iced
    Participant

Hello,

I am trying to play audio on the background with AirPlay while listening the microphone of the iPhone using OpenEars (+RapidEars + RuleORama).

I play the audio using AVAudioPlayer. After initializing, I simply call [myPlayer play] method.

When OE does not listen, it works OK since my audio is played on the background from AirPlay speakers. As soon as OpenEars starts listening, the connection drops.

Is this the known behavior? What would be your advice on this?

Thanks

iced
    Participant

An update on the situation:

I now verified that after setting the audioMode to Default or VideoRecording explicitly, I can play the audio using AirPlay on an Apple TV.

However in my project, I need to play it on a speaker with AirPlay functionality on Airport Express. Thus, there is no video stream.

When using the Default mode or the VideoRecording mode, the Airplay speakers don’t even show up for selection, however the AppleTV does. When set to other audioModes, the speakers show up (as well as the TV) but the audio does not stream to any of them.

I think we need to use voiceChat mode, but I don’t know why it’s not working properly.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.