OpenEars with music in the background

Home Forums OpenEars OpenEars with music in the background

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• Author
    SparkyNZ
    Participant

Hi, has anybody tried using OpenEars in a noisy environment with lots of music or speech? I’m just wondering if there’s any way to train it to detect the subtleties of my voice over others? :)

Halle Winkler
    Politepix

Welcome,

Sorry, it isn’t possible to train OpenEars’s PocketsphinxController speech recognition class to a particular voice purely through the use of OpenEars (if you can also use a server, the acoustic models can be adapted using these instructions: http://cmusphinx.sourceforge.net/wiki/tutorialadapt). In a noisy environment filtering out background noise might have to be accomplished via headset mic, mic directionality, or a distinct volume level difference between the spoken instruction and the background noise, or non-keywords might be possible to filter out after speech including noise has been captured by use of the Rejecto plugin (although this is tricky even with the use of Rejecto).

SparkyNZ
    Participant

Thanks Halle. I just gave it a try in my car. Unfortunately the music didn’t have to be very loud for it to stop working. A shame.. Howevever, I did suspect this would be the case months before even looking for voice recognition. My car used to have a voice recognition system built into it (in Japanese) – shame I couldn’t use that mic with my iPod.. but that wouldn’t suit everyone. :-)

I did find OpenEars very easy to use though – excellent job.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.