Pause playback

Home Forums OpenEars Pause playback

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• Author
    leskil
    Participant

Hi,

Is it possible to pause the playback when reading a string with the FliteController?

– Lasse

Halle Winkler
    Politepix

Hello,

This isn’t a feature of FliteController, but it could be added to stock OpenEars pretty easily by adding a new method to pause/unpause FliteController’s AVAudioPlayer if it is playing. In NeatSpeech your option is to send a request to stop, but this will stop at the earliest opportunity to finish an utterance rather than pausing immediately.

leskil
    Participant

Great, it works!

Halle Winkler
    Politepix

Cool, glad to hear it.

Claude
    Participant

Hi Halle!

It seemed more appropriate to reply here than start a new thread. I have a need to Pause and Resume NeatSpeech output. It looks like I can pause AVAudioPlayer’s output, but I’d really like to be able to do this on a word (or even better, sentence) boundary.

I didn’t see this capability in the Class reference. Did I miss it? If it isn’t there, is it something you’ve considered adding? AVSpeechSynthesizer lets me do it, but your voices sound better… :- )

Thanks!

Halle Winkler
    Politepix

Hi Claude,

Well, that’s a very nice compliment :) . The thought has definitely crossed my mind and I appreciate the feedback on expanding the NeatSpeech API. In the short term there is a lot of other stuff on my plate, but once everything that is pre-shipping and in-progress has shipped, I plan to take another look at the NeatSpeech interface and see how challenging those developments would be.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.