[Resolved] Problems with Video/Audio capture

Home Forums OpenEars [Resolved] Problems with Video/Audio capture

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• Author

Hi,

I’m developing an app for recording videos with AV Foundation API (AVCaptureSession), with vocal commands included. I’ve troubles in capturing videos when OpenEars is running, the recording doesn’t start.
    I tried also to stop listening before starting video capture, but it doesn’t work. Instead, if I remove OpenEars from the app, the recording works very well.

Can you help me?

Halle Winkler
    Politepix

Welcome,

This isn’t possible with the current version of OpenEars, although I am working on it for the upcoming version 2.0 (I don’t know when it will ship).

The issue is that AVCaptureSession requires a completely different audio session from OpenEars and vice versa, so they currently cannot each allow the other access to the singular audio stream successfully.

This is expected behavior since there are no examples of iOS audio objects in which two instantiated objects can make simultaneous use of a singular audio stream, but nonetheless I’m working on trying to make this possible with OpenEars and AVCaptureSession.

decoder
    Participant

With OS7.1 I’ve got it working (check my previous thread).
    With OS8.0 didn’t work anymore, but I was able to start it by turning off the audio on the AVCaptureSession

Halle Winkler
    Politepix

Even the previous approach with iOS7 was not going to have a compatible sample rate, so it would heavily impact recognition accuracy. The next version should do better with this scenario.

decoder
    Participant

True. The only workaround I see is to turn off the audio recording in the session.

@Halle: Is there at least a very rough estimation of the 2.0 release?

Halle Winkler
    Politepix

Nope, sorry.

Halle Winkler
    Politepix

OK, with the 2.0 version out, I’d be very interested to know whether it coexists better with your video objects out of the box. If you have any complex workarounds, please remove them so they don’t affect the quality of your results using the current stock version. Thanks!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.