RapidEars Demo Error

Home Forums OpenEars RapidEars Demo Error

Tagged: 

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• Author
    harrypell
    Participant

Hi Halle,

I am trying to install the RapidEars demo to test it out. However, I am getting this error on build…

Stray ‘{‘ between Objective-C ++ methods

…on the following line in PocketsphinxController+RapidEars.h…
    @interface PocketsphinxController (RapidEars) {
    }

Otherwise OpenEars is working successfully and I have also got the Rejecto demo working. I am trying to build on an original iPad.

Any suggestions?

Many thanks

Harriet

Halle Winkler
    Politepix

Welcome Harriet,

Hmm, there are no C++ methods in RapidEars so this may be due to a detail of your project. Do you perhaps have a C++ compilation flag set in the project?

Alternately, have you set the -ObjC other linker flag in your target/project settings as per the tutorial?

harrypell
    Participant

Hi Halle,

I definitely have the -ObjC other linker flag. I’m afraid I don’t know how to check for a C++ compilation flag. (Or what one is…)

Thanks!

Halle Winkler
    Politepix

Hmm, this is a new issue to me. Is this a new app that was created from the tutorial or an existing app that RapidEars was added to?

Do you have the import statement for before the one for or afterwards?

harrypell
    Participant

Hi Halle,

I am adding RapidEars to an existing project. I wonder if it’s the ASIHTTPRequest which is causing problems.

It might be worth my gutting it and adding RapidEars to a cleanr version of the file. I’ll give this a whirl tomorrow and see if that sorts out the error.

Thanks for your help.

Harriet

Halle Winkler
    Politepix

Oh, it’s pretty likely to be ASIHTTPRequest since it hasn’t been actively maintained in a while. The C++ thing is likely due to an unusual project flag added for another framework’s requirements.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.