rapidEarsDidDetectLiveSpeechAsWordArray not being called

Home Forums OpenEars plugins rapidEarsDidDetectLiveSpeechAsWordArray not being called

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

• Author
    foobar8675
    Participant

I have rapid ears implemented and see that the next 2 methods are being called

– (void) rapidEarsDidReceiveLiveSpeechHypothesis:(NSString *)hypothesis recognitionScore:(NSString *)recognitionScore
    – (void) rapidEarsDidReceiveFinishedSpeechHypothesis:(NSString *)hypothesis recognitionScore:(NSString *)recognitionScore

where the next two methods are not.

– (void) rapidEarsDidDetectFinishedSpeechAsWordArray:(NSArray *)words scoreArray:(NSArray *)scores startTimeArray:(NSArray *)startTimes endTimeArray:(NSArray *)endTimes

– (void) rapidEarsDidDetectLiveSpeechAsWordArray:(NSArray *)words scoreArray:(NSArray *)scores startTimeArray:(NSArray *)startTimes endTimeArray:(NSArray *)endTimes

is there something special I need to do to get these callbacks?

As you might (or not) know, I’m doing this with the objective of counting words in a ‘kind of’ real time way . I experimented with rapidEarsDidReceiveLiveSpeechHypothesis but it does give a lot of redundant words. I was hoping to use the start / end time array as a way of filtering some of the redundancies.

Thank you Halle

Halle Winkler
    Politepix

Sure, the requirements for those callbacks are covered in the OEPocketsphinxController+RapidEars header and docs, so take a look.

foobar8675
    Participant

Thank you Halle.

I believe I have implemented as per the docs since the the first two delegate callbacks from my initial post are being called. The issue is the second two delegate callbacks are not being called.

Just to double check things, I went through the following steps :

– I added the import for #import <RapidEarsDemo/OEEventsObserver+RapidEars.h>
    – made sure OEEventsObserver is a property
    – I double checked that I am using startRealtimeListeningWithLanguageModelAtPath instead of startListeningWithLanguageModelAtPath

Halle Winkler
    Politepix

OK, from the OEPocketsphinxController+RapidEars header and docs:

/** Setting this to true will cause you to receive your hypotheses as separate words rather than a single NSString. This is a requirement for using OEEventsObserver delegate methods that contain timing or per-word scoring. This can't be used with N-best.*/
    - (void) setReturnSegments:(BOOL)returnSegments; 
    /** Setting this to true will cause you to receive segment hypotheses with timing attached. This is a requirement for using OEEventsObserver delegate methods that contain word timing information. It only works if you have setReturnSegments set to TRUE. This can't be used with N-best.*/
    - (void) setReturnSegmentTimes:(BOOL)returnSegmentTimes;
    foobar8675
    Participant

Whoops. Thank you for pointing that out.

Halle Winkler
    Politepix

No prob! Glad it’s working.

krniadi
    Participant

Hi, i have some problem in swift. I can make rapidears work but when i use setReturnSegments(true) the rapidEarsDidDetectLiveSpeechAsWordArray never called. this is how i set it in swift

var rapidEventsObserver = OEEventsObserver()
    ….
    func loadOpenEars() {
    rapidEventsObserver = OEEventsObserver()
    self.rapidEventsObserver.delegate = self
    …..
    }

func startListening() {
    do {
    try OEPocketsphinxController.sharedInstance().setReturnSegments(true)
    try OEPocketsphinxController.sharedInstance().setReturnSegmentTimes(true)
    try OEPocketsphinxController.sharedInstance().returnNbest = false
    try OEPocketsphinxController.sharedInstance().setRapidEarsReturnNBest(false)
    try OEPocketsphinxController.sharedInstance().setActive(true)
    try OEPocketsphinxController.sharedInstance().setFinalizeHypothesis(false)
    }
    catch {

}
    OEPocketsphinxController.sharedInstance().startRealtimeListeningWithLanguageModelAtPath(lmPath, dictionaryAtPath: dicPath, acousticModelAtPath: OEAcousticModel.pathToModel(“AcousticModelEnglish”))
    }

func rapidEarsDidDetectLiveSpeechAsWordArray(words: [AnyObject]!, andScoreArray scores: [AnyObject]!) {
    print(“delegate accessed”)
    }

func rapidEarsDidDetectFinishedSpeechAsWordArray(words: [AnyObject]!, andScoreArray scores: [AnyObject]!) {
    }
    /**The engine has detected in-progress speech. Words and respective scores and timing are delivered in separate arrays with corresponding indexes.*/

func rapidEarsDidDetectLiveSpeechAsWordArray(words: [AnyObject]!, scoreArray scores: [AnyObject]!, startTimeArray startTimes: [AnyObject]!, endTimeArray endTimes: [AnyObject]!) {
    }

but none of them being called by rapidears. have I missed something ?

Thank you Halle

Halle Winkler
    Politepix

Welcome,

This needs to precede any calls to OEPocketsphinxController:

try OEPocketsphinxController.sharedInstance().setActive(true)

krniadi
    Participant

Oh my god, I was not aware of that. Big thank you halle. Now it work. :)

Halle Winkler
    Politepix

Glad to hear it!

sid
    Participant

rapidEarsDidDetectLiveSpeechAsWordArray is not called

I have set setReturnSegments:true
    still having the issue

Halle Winkler
    Politepix

Welcome,

This is known to be working fine, so give the documentation (OEPocketsphinxController as well as RapidEars) and this thread a closer look (what you tried isn’t what solved the issue for the other poster) and you’ll get it working.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The topic ‘rapidEarsDidDetectLiveSpeechAsWordArray not being called’ is closed to new replies.