Stop/Start Listening or Speech Recognition Suspended?

Home Forums OpenEars Stop/Start Listening or Speech Recognition Suspended?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• Author
    davestrand
    Participant

Hello,

I was hoping you could nudge me in the right direction.

I would like to occasionally playback an MP3 in my app that may have voices talking, so I don’t want OpenEars to listen when the MP3 is playing and get confused. Consequently I’m calling stopListening when the MP3 starts and stopListening to happen when the MP3 is done playing. Is this the appropriate approach, or is there a better way you would suggest?

Because the app starts to sporadically crash after I startListening again. I’m afraid that maybe I’m calling multiple pocketSphinxControllers on accident due to this method?

Thanks for your time.
    -Dave

Halle Winkler
    Politepix

Hi Dave,

suspendRecognition/resumeRecognition is what you’re looking for here. Crashes shouldn’t be an issue in either case so there may be another underlying cause there.

davestrand
    Participant

*correction ‘I’m calling stopListening when the MP3 starts and *startListening to happen when the MP3 is done playing’

davestrand
    Participant

Ok. I tried using the suspendRecognition but it didn’t seem to work.. I’ll poke around and try and figure out what is triggering it to resume before I say to.

Halle Winkler
    Politepix

OK, it sounds a bit like there is something a little unusual about your implementation so it might be helpful to compare with the sample app, which has a suspend/resume implementation.

davestrand
    Participant

Ok. I’ll look over that, and see what I find. Thanks!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.