Unresolved identifier

Home Forums OpenEars plugins Unresolved identifier

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

• Author
    bkrohn
    Participant

Hi I am trying to get a test case of OpenEars to debug and issue with Rejecto. So I made a single view application and am walking through the Swift tutorial. I have an OE swift app where OE is working fine that I made about two months ago. But now when I follow the tutorial I get an error on the line:
    OEPocketsphinxController.sharedInstance().startListeningWithLanguageModel(atPath: lmPath, dictionaryAtPath: dicPath, acousticModelAtPath: OEAcousticModel.path(toModel: “AcousticModelEnglish”), languageModelIsJSGF: false)

The error is: “Use of unresolved identifier ‘lmPath’ and “Use of unresolved identifier ‘dicPath’

Linker, framework paths, and Objective-C Bridging Header fields in Build Settings are all correct based on the tutorial.

I have also tried creating a new project 4 times to make sure that I dragging the framework in and creating the bridging header file correctly. Nothing seems to work though.

Was there an Xcode update or something that is causing this issue?

Halle Winkler
    Politepix

Welcome,

This is the first I’ve heard of it – you’d need to tell me a little bit about which Xcode you’re using, on which OS version, etc, and I can look into it. This is good information to share for any question that is about build issues.

bkrohn
    Participant

Hi, here is my version information. The OpenEars sample app works but I can’t seem to make one from scratch. Can you make a single view app by following the tutorial run successfully?

Xcode: 8.3.3
    Mac: 10.12.5
    iOs deployment target: 10.3

Halle Winkler
    Politepix

Hi,

It will take a little bit of time for me to check into this, thanks for your patience. The sample app is made via the same approach as the tutorial, so to attempt some self-guided troubleshooting in the meantime you could compare the two projects and see what the difference is.

bkrohn
    Participant

Thanks, yeah I have been back and forth between the sample app and my scratch apps and can’t find anything. I also compared the scratch app to my existing build, which is also working fine (except that I can’t add Rejecto to it).

Thanks, for looking into it and let me know if you find anything. I will give it another shot today. Maybe the cosmos will be kinder today.

rfugal
    Participant

Hi, I have a similar problem running Xcode 8.3.3 on OS X 10.12.6 iOS target 10.3

After completing the steps in the tutorial I get ‘Use of undeclared type’ errors on all OE references, specifically OEEventsObserverDelegate and OEEventsObserver.

The OpenEars sample app works fine. But I could not integrate into my project, and I too tried starting a very simple single view app from scratch and followed the tutorial with no success.

OpenEars.framework and Slt.framework do show up in the Linked Frameworks and Libraries…

Halle Winkler
    Politepix

Can you both share the contents of your app target (not project) build settings entries “Framework Search Paths” and “Objective-C Bridging Header”, after checking that they seem possible/correct for your project? You can see examples of what they should look like in the sample app.

rfugal
    Participant

Sorry, the Objective-C Bridging Header path in Build Settings was my issue. Don’t know how I missed that in the tutorial. I think I was looking for in under Type in Utilities inspector in the header file, though the tutorial is fairly explicit in retrospect. Newbie mistake.

Thank you!

Halle Winkler
    Politepix

You’re welcome – I’m glad to hear that it was something like that and that it’s fixed for you now.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.