update English dic to latest from pocketsphinx

Home Forums OpenEars update English dic to latest from pocketsphinx

Tagged: 

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Author
    Coeur
    Participant

Hello,

Current LanguageModelGeneratorLookupList.text from AcousticModelEnglish.bundle seems outdated as it still has the test word a42128 added long time ago by CMU. This test word was removed by pocketsphinx commit 5793370c0f2281ffdf9058bf5a217822aaa81533 on Jan 17, 2015 when replacing cmu07a.dic with cmudict-en-us.dict.

Can we update LanguageModelGeneratorLookupList.text to latest from pocketsphinx?

Halle Winkler
    Politepix

Hi Coeur,

Sure, that seems like a good request for the next version, I’ll drop it in the tracker.

Coeur
    Participant

Note that for compatibility with OpenEars, I had to replace the first space of each line with a tab:

Either with sed:

sed 's/ /'$'\t''/' cmudict-en-us.dict > LanguageModelGeneratorLookupList.text

Or with perl:

perl -pe 's/ /\t/' cmudict-en-us.dict > LanguageModelGeneratorLookupList.text

• This reply was modified 6 years, 5 months ago by Coeur.
    Coeur
    Participant

Actually, https://raw.githubusercontent.com/cmusphinx/cmudict/master/cmudict.dict is even newer, but I haven’t tried it yet. And it has additional digits for each phonem: don’t know if it’s good or bad.

Halle Winkler
    Politepix

This has been updated with today’s version 2.507, thanks for the suggestion.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘update English dic to latest from pocketsphinx’ is closed to new replies.