[Resolved] After used OpenEars,AudioServicesPlaySystemSound can't work

Home Forums OpenEars [Resolved] After used OpenEars,AudioServicesPlaySystemSound can't work

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

• Author
    archerlu
    Participant

OpenEars is great, but I found, if I used pocketsphinxController to recognize voice, after that, AudioServicesPlaySystemSound() can’t make any sound….
    Can OpenEars work with AudioToolbox.framework?
    Anyone figure out that?

Halle Winkler
    Politepix

OpenEars uses the AudioToolbox.framework so it has to be compatible with it. Can you tell me which version of OpenEars you are using? This might have something to do with the new AudioSessionManager behavior in 1.0/1.01.

archerlu
    Participant

The version is 1.0.
    May I should try 1.01?

archerlu
    Participant

After I upgraded, the problem didn’t happen again.
    Amazing!
    Thank Halle, for your help.

Halle Winkler
    Politepix

Awesome, very glad to hear it.

lmthekay
    Participant

Oh, oh, on March 19, the same problem is happening. I downloaded and re-installed the “OpenEars Stable” just to make sure I was up with the very latest release. Haven’t tried 1.3 since it’s going into a to-be-produced product.
    Thanks.

Halle Winkler
    Politepix

Hello,

Unfortunately there are some known iOS issues with system sounds and the PlayAndRecord audio session setting — I think this thread has a bit more information:

https://www.politepix.com/forums/topic/keep-system-sounds-while-listening/

And all of the discussions to date can be read here:

https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&as_q=site%3A%2Fforums+AudioServicesPlaySystemSound

The bottom line is that you can always play back with AVAudioPlayer, but you could encounter difficulties using AudioServicesPlaySystemSound, although it might be worth trying the workarounds in the linked threads.

lmthekay
    Participant

Thanks for all these threads. They should be what I need. And thanks for always being so quick with your answers, I’m sure I’m not the only one who appreciates that.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.