Hypothesis comes back with incorrect word

Home Forums OpenEars Hypothesis comes back with incorrect word

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Author
    boombatz
    Participant

HI Halle,
    I have a dictionary set up with four words. It seems like the hypothesis almost always comes back matching one of these words even when the spoken word is far off from the dictionary words. Is there a way to be more specific about the recognition?

Does this have something to do with the recognition score in the received hypothesis method. I do not see any documentation on this other than the listing of the method. Is it written about somewhere?
    Thanks.

Halle Winkler
    Politepix

This is called the out-of-vocabulary problem and is standard for speech recognition with very small vocabularies. Rejecto is designed to reduce this issue: https://www.politepix.com/rejecto

Alternately you may experience better results with using a grammar that has commands that are more than a single word.

boombatz
    Participant

Ok. Thanks. I’ll try multiple words.

Does it make any sense to look at the returned hypothesis score? I notice that when I say a word the is in the dictionary the score is better than -500, but when I say a word that is not in the dictionary it will recognize it with a score beyond -1000.

Is this a reasonable approach to think about?
    Thanks

Halle Winkler
    Politepix

Nope, do some searching of these forums for ‘out of vocabulary’ and ‘score’ to read previous discussions on these topics. My advice above comprises the options for refining this behavior if you want to go with a small vocabulary.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.