Listening after Mic permission not possible

Home Forums OpenEars Listening after Mic permission not possible

Tagged: 

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Author
    seb
    Participant

I tried your sample App (that is shipped in the downloaded zip archive) and encountered a problem with the mic permission.

When I start the App the first time iOS is asking for mic permissions. The delegate method pocketsphinxFailedNoMicPermissions is called.
    When pressing on “Yes” the micPermissionCheckCompleted is called, without an error. The statement [[OEPocketsphinxController sharedInstance] startListeningWithLanguageModelAtPath... will be called.

Listening is not possible/not started. In the logs I see the message:

A request has been made to start a listening session using startListeningWithLanguageModelAtPath:dictionaryAtPath:acousticModelAtPath:languageModelIsJSGF:, however, there is already a listening session in progress which has not been stopped. Please stop this listening session first with [[OEPocketsphinxController sharedInstance] stopListening]; and wait to receive the OEEventsObserver callback pocketsphinxDidStopListening before starting a new session. You can still change models in the existing session by using OEPocketsphinxController's method changeLanguageModelToFile:withDictionary:

Calling stopListening seems to do nothing. The pocketsphinxDidStopListening callback method will not be called.

More logs:

Starting OpenEars logging for OpenEars version 2.03 on 32-bit device (or build): iPhone running iOS version: 8.200000
    Creating shared instance of OEPocketsphinxController
    Attempting to start listening session from startListeningWithLanguageModelAtPath:
    User has not granted mic permission so recognition won't be possible, stopping. To receive this information as a callback add the OEEventsObserver delegate method -(void)pocketsphinxFailedNoMicPermissions; to your app....
    Local callback: The user has never set mic permissions or denied permission to this app's mic, so listening will not start.
    User gave mic permission for this app.
    A request has been made to start a listening session...

Halle Winkler
    Politepix

Welcome,

Yes, this is a known issue with the sample app. It shouldn’t be necessary to recreate this minor bug in your own app which is due to not having the permission request exit the listening session correctly the first time, but I agree that it isn’t ideal to have it not quite work in the sample.

seb
    Participant

OK, I searched in the FAQ and the forum for this problem and found no entry. Because of this I created the forum issue.

I tried to integrate OpenEars in my own app and encountered the same problem.

Currently I don’t understand how to start the listening when I press on the “Yes” button in the permission alert. I would assume that OpenEars is listening as soon as I press “Yes”. Calling startListening isn’t working.

Restarting the App isn’t such a nice solution. :)

Thank you!

Halle Winkler
    Politepix

This should be fixed in OpenEars 2.04 and the sample app.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.