micPermissionCheckCompleted is never called

Home Forums OpenEars micPermissionCheckCompleted is never called

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Author
    biomiker
    Participant

I’m running OpenEarsSampleAppSwift out of the box on iOS 12 built with XCode 10.1 (10B61). It is super awesome (THANK YOU) but I notice that micPermissionCheckCompleted() is never executed. Is this a known issue? It appears that the sample is working around this issue within the pocketsphinxFailedNoMicPermissions method, by re-issuing a call to startListening() after 10 seconds, presumably to give the user time to grant permission.

Is this still the best way to get listening to start after the user has granted mic permission? Is there a story behind why micPermissionCheckCompleted() never gets called? Thanks so much!

Halle Winkler
    Politepix

Greetings,

You’re welcome! Hmm, yes, I think that is a known bug (or was a known bug at the time that I did the sample app) which I have unfortunately not reexamined in a while. It would need some time set aside to create a few new installs in order to investigate why the callback isn’t received as expected (or possibly, why the sample app just doesn’t do the right thing, which is the second possibility). It could be a while before I have the opportunity to look into it – are you able to use the workaround for the time being?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.