OEContinuousModel and secondsOfSpeechToDetect question

Home Forums OpenEars OEContinuousModel and secondsOfSpeechToDetect question

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• Author
    Rhapsodus
    Participant

This is truly an amazing framework,

I have a question regarding the continuous speech loop. For my app needs, I have bursts of single words with bursts of silences. Ie: 1 word said, 2 seconds silence, 1 word, 1 second silence, 2 words said, 3 seconds silence, 1 word said, 1 second silence, etc… which works great using the default engine. Occasionally though, it causes a long delay (6+ seconds), and the words come back in a big chunk. I am assuming that the engine just lost detection of silence versus speaking.

So I am curious what these two values do, are these the max values for the considered phases or the expected time frames between words/phrases ? (secondsOfSpeechToDetect and secondsOfSilenceToDetect) I see the default in the commandArray is 0.1, but 100ms seems very ‘small’ for a spoken word?

Secondarily, I haven’t noticed any adverse effects, but was wondering if there is a difference between initializing the dictionary and actually starting the ‘listening’ phase with startListeningWithLanguageModelAtPath & suspendRecognition. Think of a push to talk. I start listening immediately on view load, but then directly call suspend.
    ie:
    [[OEPocketsphinxController sharedInstance] startListeningWithLanguageModelAtPath:pathLanguageModel dictionaryAtPath:pathDictionary acousticModelAtPath:[OEAcousticModel pathToModel:@”AcousticModelEnglish”] languageModelIsJSGF:FALSE];
    [[OEPocketsphinxController sharedInstance] suspendRecognition];

Rhapsodus
    Participant

I guess alternatively: is there a way to ‘flush’ the queue / hypothesis and force a response ?

Halle Winkler
    Politepix

Welcome,

Thanks! Check out some of the previous threads about this (I think if you search for “push to talk” or maybe “suspend” you’ll find a bunch) and I think you should be able to get some of those questions answered. If you want to discuss it further in one of those threads, no problem.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.