OpenEars Tutorial Problem

Home Forums OpenEars OpenEars Tutorial Problem

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

• Author
    Matt
    Participant

Hi Everyone,

When I tried to use the OpenEars tutorial, I got the following Error Message:

“_OBJC_CLASS_$_AcousticModel”, referenced from:

objc-class-ref in ViewController.o

Has anyone else had this?

Regards,

Matt

Halle Winkler
    Politepix

Welcome Matt,

Sorry to hear that. I haven’t ever heard of that as an issue so I think it is likely to be a missed step from the initial process of adding the framework. AcousticModel is a class from the main distribution, so if it can’t be found it means that the framework isn’t linked. I would start with a clean project and pay special attention to these parts:

Make absolutely sure that in the add dialog “Create groups for any added folders” is selected and NOT “Create folder references for any added folders” because the wrong setting here will prevent your app from working.

and

If you are using Xcode 5 with a build number of 5A1413 or later, it has a bug which results in frameworks linked by reference being changed to link at incorrect URL paths, so it is necessary for you to also check the box that says “Copy items into destination group’s folder (if needed)”, or you may receive errors that header files can’t be found. If you receive this kind of error with Xcode 5, it means that your Framework Search Path for the added frameworks has been changed to an invalid URL, so you may have to open that Build Setting for your app target and change it back to a correct path.

If this doesn’t clear it up, please feel free to copy and paste the entire error so I can take a look. There will be a disclosure bubble in the build log that will let you copy and paste the complete error (the part above is just an excerpt).

Matt
    Participant

Halle,

Thank you for the reply. I have tried the steps you suggested, but I still get the same error. Is there any chance in having a look at the error below to see if you can work out what the problems is:

Ld /Users/matthew_harvie/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/WebTalk-fprbuqdtewuqwbaijqzafybjwasy/Build/Products/Debug-iphoneos/WebTalk.app/WebTalk normal arm64
    cd /Users/matthew_harvie/Desktop/WebTalk
    setenv IPHONEOS_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET 7.0
    setenv PATH “/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/usr/bin:/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/usr/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin”
    /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/clang -arch arm64 -isysroot /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/SDKs/iPhoneOS7.0.sdk -L/Users/matthew_harvie/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/WebTalk-fprbuqdtewuqwbaijqzafybjwasy/Build/Products/Debug-iphoneos -F/Users/matthew_harvie/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/WebTalk-fprbuqdtewuqwbaijqzafybjwasy/Build/Products/Debug-iphoneos -F/Users/matthew_harvie/Desktop/WebTalk/Framework -filelist /Users/matthew_harvie/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/WebTalk-fprbuqdtewuqwbaijqzafybjwasy/Build/Intermediates/WebTalk.build/Debug-iphoneos/WebTalk.build/Objects-normal/arm64/WebTalk.LinkFileList -dead_strip -fobjc-arc -fobjc-link-runtime -miphoneos-version-min=7.0 -framework AVFoundation -framework Slt -framework AudioToolbox -framework CoreGraphics -framework UIKit -framework Foundation -framework OpenEars -Xlinker -dependency_info -Xlinker /Users/matthew_harvie/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/WebTalk-fprbuqdtewuqwbaijqzafybjwasy/Build/Intermediates/WebTalk.build/Debug-iphoneos/WebTalk.build/Objects-normal/arm64/WebTalk_dependency_info.dat -o /Users/matthew_harvie/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/WebTalk-fprbuqdtewuqwbaijqzafybjwasy/Build/Products/Debug-iphoneos/WebTalk.app/WebTalk

ld: warning: ignoring file /Users/matthew_harvie/Desktop/WebTalk/Framework/Slt.framework/Slt, missing required architecture arm64 in file /Users/matthew_harvie/Desktop/WebTalk/Framework/Slt.framework/Slt (3 slices)
    ld: warning: ignoring file /Users/matthew_harvie/Desktop/WebTalk/Framework/OpenEars.framework/OpenEars, missing required architecture arm64 in file /Users/matthew_harvie/Desktop/WebTalk/Framework/OpenEars.framework/OpenEars (3 slices)
    Undefined symbols for architecture arm64:
    “_OBJC_CLASS_$_AcousticModel”, referenced from:
    “_OBJC_CLASS_$_OpenEarsEventsObserver”, referenced from:
    “_OBJC_CLASS_$_PocketsphinxController”, referenced from:
    “_OBJC_CLASS_$_LanguageModelGenerator”, referenced from:
    ld: symbol(s) not found for architecture arm64
    clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)

Halle Winkler
    Politepix

OK, thank you for showing the full error. This is because you have 64-bit as one of the architectures in your app, but OpenEars doesn’t have a 64-bit slice yet (it’s coming soon). You just need to go to the “Architectures” build setting for your app’s target and select an option without 64-bit.

Halle Winkler
    Politepix

The new version 1.64 out now is 64-bit compatible.

jnanin
    Participant

Hi Halle,

It seems this issue is still present for the extra voices

Cheers.

Halle Winkler
    Politepix

Hello,

Thanks for the info – they will probably be updated with the next version of OpenEars but that might be a while. In the meantime, just recompile the one you want to use with all the architectures turned on in its build settings and use the product.

jnanin
    Participant

Yeah that’s what I did, it was just FYI ;)

Cheers.

Halle Winkler
    Politepix

Thanks!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.