Recognize SaveThatWave file in OpenEars

Home Forums OpenEars plugins Recognize SaveThatWave file in OpenEars

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• Author
    peagasilva
    Participant

Hey,

first of all, amazing plugins!

I’d like to know: is it possible to OpenEars recognize the wav file generated by SaveThatWave?

Thanks in advance!

Halle Winkler
    Politepix

Welcome,

Can you describe the interface goal in doing that? The reason I ask is that the WAV is to some extent the output of the recognition process, so it was probably already recognized.

peagasilva
    Participant

Thanks for the answer, Halle.

Actually, I think I didn’t make myself clear, sorry for that.

If I record a WAV file, with a random sound, is OpenEars capable of recognizing this sound from the file?

Thanks in advance!

Halle Winkler
    Politepix

OK, in order to perform recognition on an existing WAV file, you can submit a WAV file that is 16-bit/16k/mono to this method of OEPocketsphinxController:

- (void) runRecognitionOnWavFileAtPath:(NSString *)wavPath usingLanguageModelAtPath:(NSString *)languageModelPath dictionaryAtPath:(NSString *)dictionaryPath acousticModelAtPath:(NSString *)acousticModelPath languageModelIsJSGF:(BOOL)languageModelIsJSGF;

and SaveThatWave creates files in that format. But, the method above won't create a different recognition than the main OpenEars recognition method creates. Does that answer help?
    peagasilva
    Participant

If I record a police car siren and send it through that method, would OpenEars be able to recognize that police car siren?

Halle Winkler
    Politepix

No, OpenEars can’t identify non-speech sounds.

peagasilva
    Participant

Ok, Halle.

Thanks for the time! :D

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.