[Resolved] Too sensitive

Home Forums OpenEars [Resolved] Too sensitive

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• Author
    mrbits
    Participant

I have a few words that my app listens for, things like “set”, “ok”, etc.

The problem is, it has a min dog it’s own and picks up on the slightest of background noise and detects it as a word.

If I just mumble something random it gets detected.

Is there any way of reducing the sensitivity?

Halle Winkler
    Politepix

Welcome,

For the issue of quiet background noises being detected as speech, take a look at the vadThreshold property of OEPocketsphinxController – it may be too low for your application. For the issue of intentionally-spoken out-of-vocabulary words being recognized as words in your vocabulary, check out Rejecto.

mrbits
    Participant

Thanks Halle, both those seemed to help. Is there any possibly of rejecto going on sale any time soon? I am a very small developer with not much income.

Halle Winkler
    Politepix

Sorry, no sale plans at the moment, but I’m glad it’s helpful for the issue. If there are any interesting product developments to report I usually send them out in the newsletter, and the newsletters generally come with a coupon, so the best bet is to subscribe to the newsletter.

mrbits
    Participant

That’s a shame, I would love to get it now just I can’t afford it.

Halle Winkler
    Politepix

TBH it’s actually my preference that developers test the demos for a bit and solve a few of their integration questions before purchasing, since there’s really no rush and it leads to the best outcomes.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.